Thank you Mississauga

On 5/21/2021 at 1:44 AM, Anomalijs said:

Wasn't lazy and did a grafic. 

PicsArt_05-21-10.36.38.jpg

Despite being the god of VHL graphics, I am also the shieldbearer for low-tier graphics and this is about as low-tier as they come. The literal only thing that saves this graphic and makes it approvable/acceptable is your included line of text which really pops the comedy factor off for this graphic.

I've always thought that even if a graphic is truly horrible on a technical level, if there is a bit of comedy to go along with it, the lack of graphic ability gets forgiven. In this case, "Wasn't lazy and did a graphic" juxtaposes so deliciously with this lazily-made graphic, that it made me laugh.

Looking at the raw aspects here, you would likely get criticized (and rightly so) by other VHL graders/reviewers, because the level of work here is laughable. We have a stock image WITH watermark in lower-left corner of original photographer Jess Starr left in.  The hounds logo looking massive, pasted over top of the jets logo with no skew/perspective transformation whatsoever, and 4 lines of very basic meme text.  That's it.  There's no lighting, there's no stocks, there's no effects.

I literally googled 'Jess Starr wheeler' and found the source graphic:

Blake-Wheeler-Winnipeg-Jets-1.jpg

but it made me laugh, so hope you enjoyed your review for VHL graphics.

1.3/10  approved

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2021 at 10:34 AM, gorlab said:

Despite being the god of VHL graphics, I am also the shieldbearer for low-tier graphics and this is about as low-tier as they come. The literal only thing that saves this graphic and makes it approvable/acceptable is your included line of text which really pops the comedy factor off for this graphic.

I've always thought that even if a graphic is truly horrible on a technical level, if there is a bit of comedy to go along with it, the lack of graphic ability gets forgiven. In this case, "Wasn't lazy and did a graphic" juxtaposes so deliciously with this lazily-made graphic, that it made me laugh.

Looking at the raw aspects here, you would likely get criticized (and rightly so) by other VHL graders/reviewers, because the level of work here is laughable. We have a stock image WITH watermark in lower-left corner of original photographer Jess Starr left in.  The hounds logo looking massive, pasted over top of the jets logo with no skew/perspective transformation whatsoever, and 4 lines of very basic meme text.  That's it.  There's no lighting, there's no stocks, there's no effects.

I literally googled 'Jess Starr wheeler' and found the source graphic:

Blake-Wheeler-Winnipeg-Jets-1.jpg

but it made me laugh, so hope you enjoyed your review for VHL graphics.

1.3/10  approved

Thank you 

With the first glance of the so called "graphic" that you submitted I would have not rated it more than a 1/10 as I don't feel like text over a plain picture from google could be considered as a graphic, but then I saw that you actually, at least, attempted to do a "jersey swap". I mean this is far from ideal, but I guess you did find the right colour RL team jersey, so you did not have to bother yourself with changing the colours and you did put on the VHL teams logo over the original RL one. So I will give you the "nice try" as obviously you can tell that you do not work with graphics at all, haha!

My rating - 2/10