Sting Chameleon Press Conference

Theoretically you could still post in Miami’s, that’s something that is historically allowed/encouraged… but our AGM is dead so I GOT YOU!

1. Positionally in the upcoming VHLM Dispersal Draft, where do you think you’ll be selected? The sentence structure in this question is terrible, I’m sorry.

2. What type of player do you hope to be, and where do you see yourself fitting in on future VHLM and VHL teams?

3. What are your fondest memories of your time in the VHL? 

4. Is the VHL the only sim league you’re currently involved with? If not, which others are you a part of, and how does your dedication to them compare to here?

5. What are your thoughts on the upcoming VHLE? Any teams you’d like to see return and/or be a part of, etc?

6. Which Megaman game is your favourite, and which level/boss is most enjoyable?

Thank you much, @JardyB10

1. Positionally in the upcoming VHLM Dispersal Draft, where do you think you’ll be selected? The sentence structure in this question is terrible, I’m sorry.

I get the gist of it. I'm guessing it'll be later on, somewhere in the round 2-4 range. I'm not sure how VHLM drafts go these days, but the last guy I tried to create was top-five in TPE and didn't go until the fourth round for some reason.

2. What type of player do you hope to be, and where do you see yourself fitting in on future VHLM and VHL teams?

Probably a defense-first kind of guy who eventually learns to direct an offense from the point. I'm probably going to be a second or low-tier first pair defenseman in the VHL and I'm quite alright with that. Hopefully I can get some decent playing time while I'm still in the VHLM (and probably in the VHLE as well) before I'm relegated to the shelf.

3. What are your fondest memories of your time in the VHL? 

I don't have a cup to my name as an active player, so I'd guess my biggest achievement is going first overall in one of the worst drafts of all-time. Outside of that, there were a lot of good times on the original forum...shit, you might remember, there was that one guy on Calgary who wrote about ghosts and shit all the time and probably didn't speak English but was funny as hell, I don't even remember why.

4. Is the VHL the only sim league you’re currently involved with? If not, which others are you a part of, and how does your dedication to them compare to here?

The VHL is it for me. I'm too old and busy to be involving myself with new sim leagues. It's been about a decade since I've been truly active with anything besides the VHL and I have no interest in changing that.

5. What are your thoughts on the upcoming VHLE? Any teams you’d like to see return and/or be a part of, etc?

It's crazy that the VHL has hit this point, but it's awesome and I'm looking forward to getting to play in the VHLE. I also like the career length extension that comes along with it. As far as teams go, I'm really sad to see Bern bringing up the rear in the final teams poll. I know we have Davos, but I was able to go to Switzerland for work a couple years ago and it was one of the best weeks of my life, so a second Swiss team would have been great.

6. Which Megaman game is your favourite, and which level/boss is most enjoyable?

Mega Man 2 is one of the first games I remember playing as a kid, so that holds a special place in my heart, but my favorite boss is Storm Eagle, mostly because I seem to have a way easier time with him than anyone else does (you just have to jump forward against the wind tunnel and charge up to shoot when you have the chance).

Interestingly enough, I’m listening to an old ish podcast called 8 Bit Book Club, and I just finished two episodes where they read the novelization of Mega Man 2. I’m still not sure why Flash Man and Quick Man were different.

Unfortunately I don’t exactly recall a Calgary ESL ghost guy. There was Hamza, but I thought he was Davos… @Victor any recollection?

• Admin
49 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Unfortunately I don’t exactly recall a Calgary ESL ghost guy. There was Hamza, but I thought he was Davos… @Victor any recollection?

I think Hamza was just a 12-year old idiot - we almost certainly had him on Calgary for a bit first, as I think we drafted him with Chouinard and Andreev (what a draft).

@Hybrid1486 is probably referring to the legend that was Viet?

16 hours ago, Victor said:

I think Hamza was just a 12-year old idiot - we almost certainly had him on Calgary for a bit first, as I think we drafted him with Chouinard and Andreev (what a draft).

@Hybrid1486 is probably referring to the legend that was Viet?

Yes. Thank you.

On 6/30/2021 at 5:25 AM, Hybrid1486 said:

I don't have a team PC to answer anymore, so...hit me

1. This is Sting Chameleon's first off-season. What do you plan on improving with all this off-ice time? Whoa dude, "off ice" is just "office" but with a space, there's probably some clever puns to be had there!

2. Your VHLM team was eliminated from playoffs probably before you even joined the team. How closely did you follow the VHLM and VHL playoffs afterward?

3. If you could bring back any VHL/sim league member, who would it be?

4. Has anything in the VHL changed significantly since you were last active in the league?

5. What are some significant changes that occurred in your life within the last 3 years? (i.e. since I initially went inactive)

6. What are some things you like to do in your downtime these days aside from the VHL?

On 7/8/2021 at 11:13 PM, JardyB10 said:

1. This is Sting Chameleon's first off-season. What do you plan on improving with all this off-ice time? Whoa dude, "off ice" is just "office" but with a space, there's probably some clever puns to be had there!

2. Your VHLM team was eliminated from playoffs probably before you even joined the team. How closely did you follow the VHLM and VHL playoffs afterward?

3. If you could bring back any VHL/sim league member, who would it be?

4. Has anything in the VHL changed significantly since you were last active in the league?

5. What are some significant changes that occurred in your life within the last 3 years? (i.e. since I initially went inactive)

6. What are some things you like to do in your downtime these days aside from the VHL?

1. Defense, defense, skating, but mostly defense. Defense wins championships. The best defense is more defense. The defense never rests. I could come up with some more catchphrases, but you get the idea. Also, Michael Scott played hockey, but off-ice he was on The Office. That's the best I can do,

2. Not very closely. I did see that Yukon won, so congrats to them, but this season was more about getting oriented. I'll keep a closer eye on things next season, especially now that I can get some of those sweet, sweet prediction points.

3. Good question. I mean, clearly I respect people's desire to move on to other phases of their life, so if they're happy with what they're doing then I'm happy for them. I'm not trying to cop out, though, so of the people who don't seem to be around anymore I would say @Knight. Glad to see @Philaround, at least.

4. It's mostly just more players and teams. A lot of names I don't recognize. It doesn't seem like anything's changed with regards to the actual gameplay, at least not that I've seen.

5. Probably...since the last time we were active simultaneously I've bought a house and changed jobs about four times with the same company. How about you?

6. Most of my friends are really into board gaming, so I do a lot of that. One of my friends is in the end stages of designing a game for commercial release, so if I'm not gaming on my own I've been helping with that (mostly proofreading the rulebook). Nothing else too crazy, just PS5 and trying to convince myself that I need to be moving around more.

9 hours ago, Hybrid1486 said:

Probably...since the last time we were active simultaneously I've bought a house and changed jobs about four times with the same company. How about you?

I have not bought a house, but I either moved 0-1 times, changed companies but not jobs once or twice, and I grew a beard.

8 hours ago, JardyB10 said:

I have not bought a house, but I either moved 0-1 times, changed companies but not jobs once or twice, and I grew a beard.

Like a Joe Thornton beard or a normal person beard?