Being Honest With Myself

Gustav

I could claim job pay this week. I could get through the week without needing to write this, because I happen to be a GM and I do get paid for doing GM stuff. But…I haven’t checked in until now this week—because, as many of you are aware, I’m busy doing not-at-home things. So, it would be very hard to make the case that I deserve job pay for this week, as I haven’t done any GM stuff. Little people earning it is. 

I’d like to take the time to go off on an entirely unqualified Gustav lecture and emphasize the importance of being honest with oneself (because, let’s be honest, I am all out of other ideas). A common “house rule” in golf is to allow everyone one mulligan (do-over) every 9 holes, and it’s something I’ll follow on occasion and be completely fine with. I’m very close with someone who allows himself one mulligan every tee shot. I don’t care because there’s nothing on the line for me and I think everyone should enjoy the game however they want to enjoy it…but one day he’ll go out and play with someone who takes exception to that quite severely. 

So where’s the stupid preachy lesson here? Maybe you know someone here who likes to put themselves on an unwarranted moral high ground. Maybe you know someone who thinks they deserve greater recognition then they get. Maybe you know someone who goes beyond just being proud of accomplishments and crosses the line into never shutting up about those accomplishments (no, none of this is directed at anyone in particular. These are just examples). Maybe you’re reading this now and you’re honest enough with yourself that you see some of this in you. I know I’ve been guilty of all of this in my life, and noticing that in myself has (I think) helped me improve as a person. 

Enough with that; I’ve hit the quota. Have a great day/night/morning/evening/whatever. 

🔥Hot Gustav Summer🔥
What an interesting piece, I appreciate the introspective thinking, and as someone who has played with adults who take mulligans on every hole,I get that sentiment lol

11 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

Maybe you know someone who goes beyond just being proud of accomplishments and crosses the line into never shutting up about those accomplishments

There is one accomplishment I never shut up about, but to be fair, it's also something that 99% of the general population will never even fully understand, let alone do themselves.