Steel press conference for the junior showcase tournament

1. Not as good as I want to be but I'm improving slowly.

2. I'm enjoying it a lot. The league is formatted great, the growth is nice and non live sims are great.

3. I used to play baseball. I was a catcher/1st basemen with some relief appearances but quit early on.

4. The Wild is a good name but i like the ring of the “Saskatoon Prairie Dogs” prairie dogs are known to be in Saskatchewan

5. Honestly getting more of a feel for the league and growing my player.

6. I don't have a favourite team as I'm not too knowledgeable about them and pre draft talks have been just basic “tell me about your player’’ had a few “do you want to play with us’’ and nothing else.

Berlin-Steel-Logo.png.14396a166d1fe55905cc53042f613d0d.png

1. It's already JST playoff season and we're down 2-1. What do you think our odds are to move on?

2. If you're new to the VHL, what's one thing you still have questions about? If you're a returning player, did you choose the same position or did you switch it up this time?

3. What is your favorite snack for watching sports?

4. Have you joined the main VHL discord yet? If no, why not?

5. Have any pets? What kind and what are their name(s)?

6. Any thoughts on who the team MVP should be for the tournament?

1. It's gonna be tough but if our players keep up the work I think we have a shot.

2. The league is laid out pretty simple. I think I understand a good amount.

3. Probably nachos. 

Yes.

5. I have a hamster named Fidget and a rabbit named Puppy. 

6. probably Eldon Escobar from Clue.

1. I think we need to remain calm and not let it get us down. We started off so strong, and then got goalie'd, and then OT didn't go our way. We're playing well, we just need to keep at it.

2. I've been asking people in the discord so I'm good for now!

3. Oh Henry Reese Peanut Butter chocolate bar.

4. Yee

5. Nope, I like animals just don't have the time.

6. Alexander Minion played out of his gourd, so I think he deserves it.

1. It turns out we lost in the first round of the playoffs. It was a good run though - lots of positives

2. I switched it up after a good career on D

3. Kettle Chips

4. I'm there

5. I've got a kitten. it's a lot of work.

6. The big boy Bogatyrev

Answer all 6 for 2 TPE!

1. With the JST ending and our run cut short, how are you feeling as we head into the season?

2. If you could have one super power what would it be?

3. Are you excited for the VHLM draft?

4. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

5. What is the meaning of life?

6. If there was one thing in the whole world, what would it be?

1. With the JST ending and our run cut short, how are you feeling as we head into the season?

I'm fired up for the season, ready to get out there and be the most mediocre player there is! 

To bring mediocrity to all corners of the world! 

Very excited to see where I end up! This will be my first full season so I am fired up for it! 

As much wood as a woodchuck could chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood

the number 42, everybody knows that 

If there was only one thing in the world it would be the only thing...

4 hours ago, aimkin said:

Answer all 6 for 2 TPE!

I'm hyped for this season, I want to be in the top defensemen of the VHLM.

Teleportation

Yes, hopefully I'll end up with a good team

depends on the strength of the woodchuck, a very strong woodchuck at its prime could maybe chuck a thousand pounds of wood

Contributing to the world

I'm not sure but maybe the universe

1. I think it'll be good it sucks to have the run be short but it was a good learning experience.

2. teleportation 

3. Very 

4. Yes

5. Hot dogs

6. dogs

1. Now that I have tasted the bitterness of defeat I never want to lose again

2. Ability to control time.

3. Yes, I hope I get drafted to a team that is a good fit for me.

4. At least three.

5. There is none. Life is what you make of it.

6. After careful thought and consideration... My answer is Yes.

Edited by Bobcat

• 4 months later...

🔥 Babylon Wonders/STEEL Press Conference 🔥

1-where do you expect the team to end up in the rankings?

2-What do you want/expect your statline to look like?

3-Which team do you think is the biggest threat to Babylon/Steel

4-If you could add/change one thing in the ENTIRE VHL what would it be?

5-What's your opinion on the JST or Pro-AM?

6-Are you in any other affilliated forums?

Edited by vincentlg2007

1-where do you expect the team to end up in the rankings?

A- Top 2 at least. We have a strong team and we started off so well. My expectations are pretty high. 

2-What do you want/expect your statline to look like?

A- Don't know and Don't care really. I'm doing what i can to help my team. Everything else doesn't matter.  

3-Which team do you think is the biggest threat to Babylon/Steel

A- Clue. They are also having a great tournament. But i think we can take them.

4-If you could add/change one thing in the ENTIRE VHL what would it be?

A- Don't know. Maybe a Sponsorship thing. Where player meet certain criteria and get rewarded with Money or TPE. Other than that, still learning the league. 

5-What's your opinion on the JST or Pro-AM?

A- I like it. It's fun to see other players showing off their stuff as well as your player. It's interesting to see where you stack up against the rest lol. 

6-Are you in any other affilliated forums?

A- Doubt it. I was in SHL for the longest time and only that so i don't think they are affilliated. 

• 1 month later...

wSneIQo.png

Steel Press Conference

Week ending March 19, 2023

Answer all 6 questions to claim 2 TPE!

Please DM me or @Spartan here or on Discord ( Tet#8750 /  uɐʇɹɐdS#3393 ) if you need any help claiming TPE.

1. Welcome to the Steel and the Junior Showcase Tournament! How pumped is your player to start?

2. We have a lot of fresh talent in the tournament. How close do you think the games will be in terms of scoring?

3. There are players you've scored or defended against on your team! Any rivals or friends amongst them?

4. How has your experience been in the league so far?

5. Coke or Pepsi? (if you abstain from soda, we can pretend for a moment that you don't ;) )

6. What is your favorite day of the week?

33 minutes ago, Tetricide said:

wSneIQo.png

Steel Press Conference

Please DM me or @Spartan here or on Discord ( Tet#8750 /  uɐʇɹɐdS#3393 ) if you need any help claiming TPE.

1. Welcome to the Steel and the Junior Showcase Tournament! How pumped is your player to start?

2. We have a lot of fresh talent in the tournament. How close do you think the games will be in terms of scoring?

3. There are players you've scored or defended against on your team! Any rivals or friends amongst them?

5. Coke or Pepsi? (if you abstain from soda, we can pretend for a moment that you don't ;) )

1. Extremely excited! I'm excited to see how McKeggegger does against some of the League's top young talent!

2. Close and high scoring games is what I'm expecting. Hopefully we can put on a show!

3. Well looking at the VHLM finals matchup, McLirath and McKeggegger are on the same team in this tournament as 3 Mexico City players, so that should be interesting.

4. Fantastic! Just with this career I've enjoyed a ton of success already, and in my first career (Donny Carter) I was able to end it with a Championship.

5. Pepsi, no reason, just preference. Dr. Pepper trumps all.

6. Fridays are pretty unbeatable, I do like the fresh start of a Monday though.

. Welcome to the Steel and the Junior Showcase Tournament! How pumped is your player to start?

More then ready, Time for another W

With me and the boys going all in Id be worried as another team

Dank Turtle and SCORED SVN GOALS IN A VHL GAME are both unreal players and with our chemistry from Mexico City it'll make it even better

Great, it'll be even better if we win the cup

5. Coke or Pepsi? (if you abstain from soda, we can pretend for a moment that you don't ;) )

DR PEP BABY 

FRIDAY, SAT , SUNDAY 

On 3/13/2023 at 3:26 PM, Tetricide said:

wSneIQo.png

Steel Press Conference

1.I’m really pumped, I didn’t play many games in the normal season, so this will be my chance to show my skill.

2.Other teams will be close, 2-1 1-0 games, but the steel will be on top.

3.I don’t know many people on my team, but I hope to make friendships and prosper as a player and team.

4.The league has been fun. Getting tp from trivia is challenging, and playing with my friends is great.

5.I like Coke Zero more, is just better😎

6.My favorite day is Saturday; while being a basic answer, there’s nothing not to love about the day!

Very! I feel Tord didn't really show of his defensive qualities in the short time he got in the VHLM before the season ended and this will be the perfect opportunity for Tord to do that.

I Believe it will be high scoring high paced hockey, Open roads for both teams. I'm glad Tord isn't a goalie in this tournament.

Not yet, Altough Legacy Gaming really got on my nerves in our playoff matchup. Impossible to defend against his wicked wrister.

Very good, IHad a short stint a few years ago but i fluttered out, This time around i'm more interested in making it work. Since i'm a family guy now i don't have much time just for myself but this game doesn't take forever to do, You can do it whenever there's time and i can sit and just get lost in the game sheets or a graphic for awhile. And i get to practice my written English wish is rusty AF. 

5. Coke or Pepsi? (if you abstain from soda, we can pretend for a moment that you don't ;) )

Not Much of a soda guy, But Coke Zero to the rum is always good

6. What is your favorite day of the week

I like em all except Tuesdays... Tuesdays suck.

On 3/13/2023 at 12:26 PM, Tetricide said:

wSneIQo.png

Steel Press Conference

1. Dank is super pumped. Very disappointed following the finals loss to Ottawa but he's ready to show what he can do at this tournament.
2. I'm hoping to see a lot of offensive talent and highs scoring games here, mostly due to Dank being a forward :)
3. I've got plenty of friends on this team, even the GM was on my minors team.
4. It's been beyond awesome. This is by far the best hockey sim league I've ever been a part of.
5. Coke for sure although Mountain Dew is my fav and thats a Pepsi product. But Coke is way better than Pepsi.
6. Any day the Bruins are playing is my favorite (or just Saturday I guess).

1. what do you think about being drafted or signed to the steel? Do you like the teams so far? - Love it so far, Big Steel city guy
  2. For those of you who are new, what do you think of the VHL so far? And for you older players, what’s you favorite part of the VHL? - interesting experience for sure, Great group of people 
  3. If you could rename the steel what would you name the team? - Steel City Sting
  4. What are you goals for you player in the showcase tournament? - Absolute domination of course
  5. Do you think the steels have what it takes to win the showcase? - With the guys we got it'll be no problem
  6. Sam’s chicken nugget madness has found it way in to the discord. Do you like chicken Nuggets? And what’s the best dip for the chicken Nuggets? - BBQ SAUCE EASILY AND OFC I DO GAME DAY PREP MEAL BABY

wSneIQo.png

Steel Press Conference

Week Ending March 26, 2023

Answer all 6 to claim 2 TPE!

Please reach out to either me or Spartan (both also available on Discord) if you need any help claiming this.

1. The JST is finally in full swing! We've got 3 days worth of sims out with a W/L/OTL record of 5-4-2 (there will be 4 by the time you probably see this). Standing at the top of the standings by a point, how is your player feeling they're performing so far at the start?

2. Looking at the previously played games, where could we see some improvement made?

3. Which team is the most frustrating to play against for your player?

4. How do you feel your player is meshing with the rest of their teammates?

5. Would you rather have a lightly cloudy day with the temperature at 75ºF/24ºC or a rainy day with the same temperature and low thunder rumblings?

6. If grass isn't really greener on the other side, what color is it?

15 hours ago, Tetricide said:

wSneIQo.png

Steel Press Conference

Week Ending March 26, 2023

Answer all 6 to claim 2 TPE!

Please reach out to either me or Spartan (both also available on Discord) if you need any help claiming this.

1. The JST is finally in full swing! We've got 3 days worth of sims out with a W/L/OTL record of 5-4-2 (there will be 4 by the time you probably see this). Standing at the top of the standings by a point, how is your player feeling they're performing so far at the start?

2. Looking at the previously played games, where could we see some improvement made?

5. Would you rather have a lightly cloudy day with the temperature at 75ºF/24ºC or a rainy day with the same temperature and low thunder rumblings?

1. Feeling extra good about McKeggegger's performance, leads the tournament in goals and tied for second in points. Definitely a good tourney for draft position.

2. Maybe more assists? Less penalties would be great.

3. Team Clue, I've got 1 assist in the three games we've played against them. Definitely a challenging team.

4. Very well, Gregger is tied for second overall in points with Malkovich, those two have been a dynamic duo.

5. Lightly cloudy, that sounds like a fantastic day to go outside and mess around.

6. Teal, it's so green it started to get blue.

I think im punching above my weight, I'm doing real guud. I just take to many penalties, Like 2 minirs a game. I really need to bring that down to give my team a chance of winning.

Passing i would say, i had 4 apples in one game, That's exactly what i want and made me all giddy:)

without looking at stats, just following my gut feeling i would say our team cant beat team Clue.

Very well, again following my big ol'e gut it feels like i have many assists on Gregger McKeggegger's goals.

Lightly cloudy, i love doing stuff in the garden and thunder often means rain :(

probably brown, its shit-grass Randy.

wSneIQo.png

Steel Press Conference

Week Ending April 2, 2023

1. We've got *a lot* of sims upcoming due to a restart. Do you think we'll do as good as we were initially?

2. Where has your player been improving?

3. The off-season will be coming to an end before we know it. How excited is your player to start in the VHLM?!

4. The VHLM draft starts today (Thursday, 30th). Have any teams reached out to you for an interview, and if so who do you think you will be drafted to?

5. How is your NHL team doing as the regular season is nearing its end?

6. Twizzlers or Red Vines? 🤔

1. I hope we do even better. We've got a good team and I know we have more to show.
2. My player's offensive game has been massively overhauled this offseason. I have fewer points in skating now but waaaaay more in my other stats.
3. I am pumped to get back into the regular season. I went way higher in the draft than I thought I would so hopefully I can prove to Riga that they made a good choice.
4. Not yet but I've kept in contact with Cole, the GM of Mexico City so we'll see if that helps.
5. I'm a Bruins fan so I'd say they are doing pretty decent.
6. Twizzlers for sure. Red vine people are psychopaths.

15 hours ago, Tetricide said:

wSneIQo.png

Steel Press Conference

Week Ending April 2, 2023

1. We've got *a lot* of sims upcoming due to a restart. Do you think we'll do as good as we were initially?

2. Where has your player been improving?

3. The off-season will be coming to an end before we know it. How excited is your player to start in the VHLM?!

4. The VHLM draft starts today (Thursday, 30th). Have any teams reached out to you for an interview, and if so who do you think you will be drafted to?

5. How is your NHL team doing as the regular season is nearing its end?

6. Twizzlers or Red Vines? 🤔

1. Well, writing this after the sims, it didn't go great. I'm not sure why, it kind of sucks, we do have three sims left to try and fight back into it.

2. Passing! More assists than goals now, and still 3rd in scoring. Loving the growth from Gregger.

3. Well, won't be starting in the VHLM, but I'm hyped to make my way back to the VHLE for my second player.

4. For the VHLE draft tomorrow, nobody's reached out yet, but I would love to go to Bratislava, my experience there with my last player was phenomenal.

5. I'm a Bruins fan, so this is self explanatory. I just want the power play to get back to form.

6. Twizzlers easy, the pull apart ones are so good.