Steel press conference for the junior showcase tournament

Hello everybody I have your  press conference here  if you have any questions regarding the press conference you can

message me here or on the discord(Minion#9087) or ask me on the forum by clicking on my name and then message button 

1. what do you think about being drafted or signed to the steel? Do you like the teams so far?
  2. For those of you who are new, what do you think of the VHL so far? And for you older players, what’s you favorite part of the VHL?
  3. If you could rename the steel what would you name the team?
  4. What are you goals for you player in the showcase tournament?
  5. Do you think the steels have what it takes to win the showcase? 
  6. Sam’s chicken nugget madness has found it way in to the discord. Do you like chicken Nuggets? And what’s the best dip for the chicken Nuggets?
Edited by Minion
colour

Hello everybody I have your  press conference here  if you have any questions regarding the press conference you can

message me here or on the discord(Minion#9087) or ask me on the forum by clicking on my name and then message button 

1. what do you think about being drafted or signed to the steel? Do you like the teams so far?                                                                                   I have had a great time so far as a member of the Steel. Everyone is very friendly and the atmosphere in the locker room is amazing.
  2. For those of you who are new, what do you think of the VHL so far? And for you older players, what’s you favorite part of the VHL?                  The VHL has been quite interesting so far. I have enjoyed being able to be creative and just have a fun time. Its great!
  3. If you could rename the steel what would you name the team? I think the name is pretty good, but if I had to change it I would change it to Blades.
  4. What are you goals for you player in the showcase tournament? I want to show my versatility on both sides of the ice, hopefully impressing the scouts and eventually getting to play in the league.
  5. Do you think the steels have what it takes to win the showcase? Of course the do.
  6. Sam’s chicken nugget madness has found it way in to the discord. Do you like chicken Nuggets? And what’s the best dip for the chicken Nuggets? Chicken nuggets are great. The best dip may just have to be a classic BBQ sauce.

1. what do you think about being drafted or signed to the steel? Do you like the teams so far?
    1. I have been drafted to Brigade, but everyone on the server in the locker room is very chilled (with friendly banter) and helpful
  2. For those of you who are new, what do you think of the VHL so far? And for you older players, what’s you favorite part of the VHL?
    1. I think it is a great idea to play several 'generations' of players. there is a lot to learn and to get used to. 
    1. Brigade 😉
    1. to develop into a useful two-way player and to get drafted as early as possible and to help his team to win.
    1. It is difficult to say at this moment, but I think every team has a chance to the cup and teams will have to give their all to get there,
  6. Sam’s chicken nugget madness has found it way in to the discord. Do you like chicken Nuggets? And what’s the best dip for the chicken Nuggets?
    1. I do like chicken nuggets and for me the best dip is Cocktail sauce (Thousand Island sauce for some). I know boring.

what do you think about being drafted or signed to the steel? Do you like the teams so far?

1. Love the team and the enthusiasm from everyone in discord. The Steel has the best logo and now the best newcomer to the VHL, Jorgen Von Strangle. 

For those of you who are new, what do you think of the VHL so far? And for you older players, what’s you favorite part of the VHL?

2. I’ve only learned about the VHL in the last couple days and the community has been incredibly welcoming so far. Lots of great people, and a special shout out to minion for teaching me some basics of the league and getting me on my feet.

If you could rename the steel what would you name the team?

3. If I could rename the steel I would name them the cosmos.

What are you goals for you player in the showcase tournament?

4. Jorgen is looking to put up some major points in the showcase. Without a doubt he will be looking to show off his nasty one-timer from the top of the faceoff dot.

Do you think the steels have what it takes to win the showcase? 

5. With Jorgen on the team victory is already confirmed.

Sam’s chicken nugget madness has found it way in to the discord. Do you like chicken Nuggets? And what’s the best dip for the chicken Nuggets?

6. Of course I like chicken nuggets, who doesn’t? You can’t really go wrong with nugget dipping sauces but I’d probably give the crown to honey mustard. 

1. I am ecstatic to have signed for the Steel! I love this team so far and truly believe we can win the tournament.
    1. I think the VHL is such a smart idea and love that you can live the life of a professional hockey player without having to buy a game like EA Sports NHL.
    1. I would not change the name personally it  is already sick but if I had to I would change it to the Havoc.
    1. My goals are to get on VHL Teams radars and to really just get my name out there. The overarching goal however is to win the Steel a trophy.
    1. 100% I think we have the best roster in the tournament.
    1. Yes I do! The best dip for chicken nuggets is honey mustard.

Hello steel players, It’s minion here with your weekly questions now that sims are done

1.What do you think of the scores of the games being 16-10(we won) and then 5-4(we lost)? Is there anything your player could do to allow fewer goals on the team after the first sims

2. After the first sims we had a lot of fights, how to you think we could have fewer fights and minutes in the Box

3.  With the team being around a bit longer and knowing the VHLM teams, what team do you want to player for?(link to a team list in case you don’t know the teams, https://vhlportal.com/teams/)

4. Alex recently added the Steel blade Sim MVP, what do you think of the Idea of it and do you plan to take part in it if chosen  

5. With scouts being all over the showcase, do you think you need to show off for them or just play your game like normall to impress them on the ice?

6. Time for your weekly fun question! If you could create a second player what would his name be and what positions would he play?

1:I felt I may have let down the team. I didn't put in enough effot in game Two and turned over the puck more times then I stole it away. I'm going to focus on my puckhandling and work on keeping possession on the puck.

2:The fighting wasn't necessarily a bad thing. We came into the league and made sure other teams understood that we wouldn't be pushed around. We showed our fangs these two games. Now it's time to focus on winning and scoring goals.

3:Mason Jones is an Ontario boy. He'd like to play for his hometown of Mississauga but wouldn't be disappointed in any team.

4:I'd be honored to win the Steel Blade MVP award. I feel If I focus on my passing a bit I'll be able to help the amazing goal scorers on the team and hold that Award one day soon.

5:Of course I want to show of a bit for the scouts. But the way I plan on showing off is by leading this team to the best of my ability and be aware of my weaknesses. Focusing on improving where I need to.

6:William Rally. He'd be a center. The reason is because he was a player I drafted in NHL 20 and had an awesome name.

1. It was definitely an exciting game for the fans. Lots of goals and lots of punches thrown. Unfortunately we came out even on the day but I know our team has way more room to grow. I was happy with how i used my minutes in the first game, only getting into one fight, which was relatively low for that game. I was also able to get 2 takeaways during my time on ice and didn't concede a giveaway. I wanted to keep that going into the second game but it seems like tensions boiled over and I ended up with more time in the box than on the ice. I'll have to make sure to keep a levelled head to help our team succeed going forward.

2. With all the fighting it seems like rivalries are heating up quickly in this showcase tournament. There no doubt that whichever team can keep their cool will win it all. Discipline is something we'll all have to think about tonight so that we can make a strong run in this tournament. 

3. Since Jorgen Von Strangle grew up in Fairy World he actually grew up a few worlds away from the grim reaper. By that it only seems natural that Jorgen would find his way onto the Philadelphia Reapers at some point of his VHLM career. 

4. I think this is a fantastic addition! Really gives the guys some extra motivation to be the best teammate they can be. I will definitely participate if I am lucky enough to be chosen for it. 

5. Nothing will impress a scout more than winning and we all know you can't do that alone. I have no plans to change how I play for the scouts, you just have to let all the winning do the talking for you. 

6. If I could create a second player I would name them Mike Hawk and they would play D (Obviously). He'll have a wicked one-timer from the point, nobody will be able to handle the power of Mike Hawk!

1.What do you think of the scores of the games being 16-10(we won) and then 5-4(we lost)? Is there anything your player could do to allow fewer goals on the team after the first sims

Well in the first game that we won, maybe i shouldnt be more discipline. My nerves got the best of me and i got in couple of fight with poor reasons. Glad we won and i helped with 3 assists. 

Second game looks like i wasn't even there. I was thinking too much and did some poor choises and i need to get better with my defence plays. It was a tough game

2. After the first sims we had a lot of fights, how to you think we could have fewer fights and minutes in the Box

Discipline. We lost our sh*t too easy when they were provoking us.

3.  With the team being around a bit longer and knowing the VHLM teams, what team do you want to player for?(link to a team list in case you don’t know the teams, https://vhlportal.com/teams/)

As a Finnish guy the Helsinki Titans would be my first choice, but most important thing is that i want to feel wanted there and i want to win and improve myself and get better!

4. Alex recently added the Steel blade Sim MVP, what do you think of the Idea of it and do you plan to take part in it if chosen  

I think it's cool. It gives you even more boost on the ice! 

5. With scouts being all over the showcase, do you think you need to show off for them or just play your game like normall to impress them on the ice?

I wan't to play way i like to play. If i go too far my so called comfort zone then im not gonna get results. I wan't to get better and from that i will also involve in other areas.

6. Time for your weekly fun question! If you could create a second player what would his name be and what positions would he play?

Big *ss defender. He would be Teppo Tulppa.

Edited by pallosiili
WHY THIS LOOKS LIKE THIS WEIRD

I think personally as a goalie that those scores are a little high but I am just getting adjusted to the play style of the showcase. I think that I could stop a few more shots and then my team will always be in contention to win.

I think we are just the Bad Boys of the showcase in my opinion but I think we can have fewer fights by burying more goals!

3.  With the team being around a bit longer and knowing the VHLM teams, what team do you want to player for?(link to a team list in case you don’t know the teams, https://vhlportal.com/teams/)

I was born and raised in New York so to be able to play for the New York Americans would be a dream come true!

I really love the idea of recognizing the game MVP! It makes you want to upgrade your player every game.

I think you just got to play your game like normal and play it as a team. At the end of the day you are going to be added to a team to win!

Wayne Glensky and Center

Edited by Thunderidge

1- The sim engine has been unpredictable and I think the tournament will improve as it goes.

2- we went in with a lot of energy and might have gotten carried away

3- minnesota would be fun

4- being recognized for a great game is a good idea

5- just keep playing my game and the scouts will notice

6- I would make another goalie

I'm back Again

1. With the Season Wrapping up yesterday How do you think the team? Did your player Play how you wanted him too?

2. This week the Nighthawks won the VHL championship, Meaning the offseason has Started, how excited are you for the upcoming draft on a scale of 1-10?

3. How far do you think the steels will make it in the playoffs starting on the next sims?

4. what would you change about the steel after the round robin?

5. the warriors took first do you think we could beat them if we have too in the playoffs?

6. After being in the league for a bit what has been the best part so far?

1- The Steel can be the dark horse of the playoffs. Power played better than I could have hoped almost 2 points per game.

2- excited to see where Power goes in the VHLM draft. 10/10.

3- we will surprise the league hopefully

4- stronger team defense

5- yes I think we can

6- seeing how Power plays in the sim early on in his development.

11 hours ago, Minion said:

I'm back Again

1. With the Season Wrapping up yesterday How do you think the team? Did your player Play how you wanted him too?

2. This week the Nighthawks won the VHL championship, Meaning the offseason has Started, how excited are you for the upcoming draft on a scale of 1-10?

3. How far do you think the steels will make it in the playoffs starting on the next sims?

5. the warriors took first do you think we could beat them if we have too in the playoffs?

1. I think the team did pretty well considering the circumstances- hard to get a rag tag crew of noobies to score goals. My player didnt do too much on defense as far as I can tell.

2. I'm very pumped for the draft- so far I've been scouted by only one club but excited to hear from many more!

3. I don't have too high of expectations but I think we make it past the first round...hopefully 😊

4. I think we need a bit more defense TPE, seems like we've been scoring 4-5 goals which should get the job done but we give up more.

5. Should be anyone's game in my opinion- sim gonna sim!

6. I really like the UI of the forum, I feel like I'm on a social media site, very clean and very well designed.

I think the team did pretty well. We had some high scoring games, as well as some very good defensive games as well. As for my player, I felt as though he played well for most of the games, but had a few hiccup games along the way. I do like how well he played defensively.

I am a 8 out of 10 on the excited level. This offseason is going to be full of great experiences, and the draft will be the highlight of my VHL career. Its gonna be a fun offseason.

I think they will make it pretty far. The Steel have a solid team and have the potential to win the playoffs.

I think we need to be a bit more defensive, especially when the score reaches double digits. It would help the sim greatly.

Absolutely. We have the potential to beat any team in the playoffs.

The community has been amazing. Everyone seems to be very fun and welcoming.

Just now, Johnny_HX said:

I think the team did pretty well. We had some high scoring games, as well as some very good defensive games as well. As for my player, I felt as though he played well for most of the games, but had a few hiccup games along the way. I do like how well he played defensively.

I am a 8 out of 10 on the excited level. This offseason is going to be full of great experiences, and the draft will be the highlight of my VHL career. Its gonna be a fun offseason.

I think they will make it pretty far. The Steel have a solid team and have the potential to win the playoffs.

I think we need to be a bit more defensive, especially when the score reaches double digits. It would help the sim greatly.

Absolutely. We have the potential to beat any team in the playoffs.

The community has been amazing. Everyone seems to be very fun and welcoming.

1. I think the team performed well. We had one of the better goal differentials in the tournament and with a bit of puck-luck we could have had much better results. Von Strangle had his moments but I'm looking to see much more from my player come the playoffs.

2. I am pumped for the draft, 10/10. Can't wait to join the VHLM and help contribute to some deep championship runs. 

3. I think we have a pretty good chance. Like I said I think the puck wasn't bouncing our way during the group stage but I think that luck will turn around soon. We have a great team and a great chance to make a deep run.

4. I've been preaching defence since our first few losses. We're usually outshooting our opponents but we still let in more goals which shouldn't be happening. If we can tighten up defensively we are the best team in this tournament.

5. Ya, they don't have a chance against us. Their overconfidence will be their downfall. We will surprise a lot of people.

6. Everyone has been very welcoming and helpful. I also really love how the league feels competitive but not toxic, that's a big plus for me whenever it comes to things that are sports related.

I'm back Again

My team and player played exactly how I wanted him to!

I am super excited!

Champions Baby!

Absolutely nothing! We are on a role!

100%

The community and Locker Room!

• 6 months later...

Berlin-Steel-Logo.png.14396a166d1fe55905cc53042f613d0d.png

Steel Press Conference

1. How does it feel to be a Steel?

2. What do you think about your performance so far in the JST?

3. Any changes you think should happen with the lines or for players to join the team?

4. What is your favorite Sport to watch? Also favorite sport to play?

5. If you had the chance to move a team or create one what city would you make it HQ?

6. Favorite Candy?

I'm loving it! Couldn't have asked for a better team!

Its alright, I feel like I could do better but I'm definitely not disappointed either :)

3. Any changes you think should happen with the lines or for players to join the team?

Nope! We haven't lost a game so I think our team is perfect just the way it is!

Hockey is probably my favourite sport to watch and basketball is probably my favourite sport to play.

5. If you had the chance to move a team or create one what city would you make it HQ?

Not really sure, I'm happy with all the teams we already have.

6. Favorite Candy?

I prefer chocolate over candy, but I guess if I had to choose, my favourite candy would be starburst or jolly ranchers.

Pretty awesome.  I was thrilled when adison @adison reached out to offer me the opportunity of playing for the Steel.  It didn't take me long to decide !!!

I am more than pleased.  Noodles has the lead in point production with 16 in 6 games.  Pretty much beast mode.

The Steel are 6 - 0.  I don't think any changes are necessary at this point.

Well, hockey of course.  I watch it quite a bit, but don't play it so much anymore.

In my previous persona of Isau DaMoose I made a play to have a VHL team placed in Swords, Ontario.  I stand by my choice.

6. Favorite Candy?

Anything with chocolate in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Steel Press Conference

1. What kind of player are you ? Flexible or someone who likes consistency in a team?

2. How did your player do last season in the VHLM? Surprise you? If not in the VHLM yet, What are you looking forward to in the VHLM?

3. Do you have a secret talent?

4. Thoughts on the dry spell that we have been having lately? Do you think we can get out of it?

5. What has been the best part of the VHL so far?

6. Favorite food to have for dinner?

• 4 months later...

1. We're a few games into the tournament. How are you feeling about your performance so far?

2. If you're new, what's one thing you're enjoying about the VHL? If you're a returning player, what's been your favorite moment over your tenure?

3. Do you play any sports for real? If not, what's one sport you wish you could play?

4. If you could rename any VHL/E/M team, which would you choose and what would the new name be?

5. What is your goal during the Junior Showcase?

6. Vegas just won the VHL Founder's Cup for a second year in a row and the VHL finals will be ending this week. How excited are you for the draft and which VHLM team are you hoping to be drafted by?

1. We're a few games into the tournament. How are you feeling about your performance so far?

I'm a bit frustrated because I know I can do better. I am working on my passing right now so I can create more opportunities for us on the offensive end. I'm also looking to up my physical game without taking too many penalties.

2. If you're new, what's one thing you're enjoying about the VHL? If you're a returning player, what's been your favorite moment over your tenure?

I've liked the community so far! It was a bit overwhelming at first but I had a lot of help.

3. Do you play any sports for real? If not, what's one sport you wish you could play?

Used to play hockey. Got too busy for it. Hope to pick it up again once I'm done school.

4. If you could rename any VHL/E/M team, which would you choose and what would the new name be?

Los Angeles Stars of Anaheim

To have the team finish top 3 overall. 

6. Vegas just won the VHL Founder's Cup for a second year in a row and the VHL finals will be ending this week. How excited are you for the draft and which VHLM team are you hoping to be drafted by?

I am focused on playing my best game right now so I haven't given it much thought. I think if I keep doing that teams will notice my efforts and hopefully I land on a team that is a good fit.

Edited by Bobcat

I think so far I have been living up to my name and performing pretty mediocre this tournament. Hopefully I can exceed my name and perform a bit better in the next few games

I am new and this has been a blast, some great comradery and just an all around good time 

I used to play baseball for like 10 years or something...was a catcher since whatever level of little league had catchers. I really wish I was still playing baseball, in fact I have a 2 catchers mitts and 2 baseballs on my desk that I frequently throw around while I think things through at work. 

Ooh this is tough, I don't think I have been around long enough to get a feel for all the names 

To show off how mediocre I really am! 

This was a great start to my VHL journey...I never expected when I joined the Halifax 21 that we would make it to the finals and the sweep by the aces doesn't show the whole picture, we fought hard and played a good game. I am excited for the draft and will be happy to play for whatever team would have me!