S79 VHL Lottery Tournament - Day 2

Josh

• Commissioner
  • Commissioner
1 minute ago, Vat said:

Alright someone has to explain how these draft lotteries work, been confused about it since I joined

This isn’t the lottery, it’s the lottery tournament. Doing better gives you better lottery odds, doing worse gives you worse lottery odds.

As for the lotto in general it’s not complicated: we just put the lotto teams in with their final odds, hit go, and it spits out the order. The only real extra rule to it is that you can only drop a max of 1 spot in the draft so if the team in the Third spot, for example, gets drawn for the lotto win then spots 1 and 2 get pushed down to 2 and 3 respectively.

Make sense?

48 minutes ago, Beketov said:

This isn’t the lottery, it’s the lottery tournament. Doing better gives you better lottery odds, doing worse gives you worse lottery odds.

As for the lotto in general it’s not complicated: we just put the lotto teams in with their final odds, hit go, and it spits out the order. The only real extra rule to it is that you can only drop a max of 1 spot in the draft so if the team in the Third spot, for example, gets drawn for the lotto win then spots 1 and 2 get pushed down to 2 and 3 respectively.

Make sense?

Thanks for the clarification, was just a little lost on why we played games, I understand now, thank you!

• Commissioner
11 minutes ago, Vat said:

Thanks for the clarification, was just a little lost on why we played games, I understand now, thank you!

We didn't used to but with more people being out of the playoffs (thanks to teams being more full) we figured that it gives them something to look at and makes the lottery a bit more interesting.