Rome Gladiators Press conferences

UnknownMinion

On 12/12/2022 at 1:02 PM, Agito said:

Press_Conference.png

1. Even though Jeremy is a workhorse, it might not be a bad idea to spread out his starts a bit, to keep him at 130% sharp for the postseason.

2. We still allowed a bit too many shots. If Wiley wasn't playing like Patrick Roy 2.0 and Ash Sparks wasn't looking off, the score could have been much closer. We'd still probably win, we were cutting through their defense like butter, but ultimately goaltending might have been the deciding factor.

3. That's not even a question, he's been our MVP all season.

4. As a rookie in the league, I really have nothing to compare to. But yeah, I like the way this team is going this season, and I believe the fans should be optimistic about the future.

5. The fact almost 700 of them were in the Blues uniform, and some more for Vegas, makes it impossible for me to have positive feelings about it.

6. There's an actual rule? Didn't know that. It makes sense, but honestly I'd prefer it being more of an unwritten rule or a gentlemen agreement, rather than an actual rule. It just doesn't feel right to me.

On 12/12/2022 at 6:02 AM, Agito said:

Press_Conference.png

1. Always good to have a solid backup. Really helps on those back to back games.

2. I think we just played our game. We were able to standup for ourselves both in both performance and physicality.

3. For sure. In a league filled with top tier goalies he is certainly one of the best.

4. I think a playoff birth is inevitable. We are too good a team to expect anything less.

5. Always nice to see guys have long careers. He's on a very interesting Wings team who, while struggling a bit this season, have a bright future. He's signed on for another year so there is time for them to turn it around with Perron on the team.

6. Did not know that was a thing. Makes sense though. Holidays are busy enough, getting traded on top of that would suck.

7 hours ago, Agito said:

Press_Conference.png

1. Hitting 350 would be awesome. You absolutely love having a player like Coasty on your team...because it means you don't have to play against him.

2. Oh yea, Crummer is an absolute beauty, just watch our powerplay tonight. He's got it.

3. Two games left, we're probably facing Bratislava in the first round anyway, let's keep our cool tonight and not play like we're trying to prove something.

4. The most important thing for us skaters is to have confidence in our goaltending, so we don't cheat on forecheck and play it "too safe", and I think we're alright here. I feel like we don't need to adjust our game based on who's in the net at all, which makes the switching between our goalies perfectly seamless.

5. I believe je will hit it at the beginning of the last year of his contract. How cool would be if he hit it in the home season opener?

6. Meh. Nothing against these two guys as human beings, but I'm a Wild fan, these two together with Sharp, Keith and Seabrook will forever haunt me in my dreams. I'm maliciously happy they've lost.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/17/2023 at 5:18 PM, Agito said:

Press_Conference.png

1. Hannibal Barca has been incredible. I think he was an absolute steal, we came out on top with this pick for sure.
2. I think Mac Dre is gonna start picking up points once he's out of VHLM. I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops.
3. Of course I think he'll have another successful season, I had the pleasure to play alongside him in the Marlins. He's an excellent D-man.
4. Honestly wish I could tell you. It's hard to tell how a player will adjust from one league to another. I'm no scout.
5. Happy for him, to play 1000 games with a team that values you would be incredible.
6. I think so. Boston has some really good players. I'd be surprised if they didn't to be honest.

• 2 months later...

1. After being draft by rome in the first ever draft, how excited were you? - 

Very excited, As an Italian myself It was a no brainer for them to pick me

2. What are your goals for this season in the VHLE? - 

To get the call up and show what I can do

3. What are you hoping the team accomplishes this season- 

Nothing but the cup matters

4.Are you happy with this team's management right now? And is there anything you would change?- 

Management seems  great so far nothing to change especially since they drafted me

5.Which team do you want to defeat the most? - Cologne , Idk why but would be great to smack them 

6. If you could add any emote to the locker room, what would it be? - 

Maximus - Gladiator 

Odw4Esl.png

1. After 10 games played so far, how do you feel about the teams' performance?

2. Who would you say are the favorites for the VHLE championship this year?

3. BjorkaBjorn BjornaBjorkson, Francesco Mancini, & Bobby Bob, are 4th, 6th, and 7th respectively in goals scored in the VHLE so far, do you think they'll be able to keep up the pace?

4. Do you have any goals for your player this season?

5. Would you rather the gold ring go to the overall best Gladiators player each week, or the 5 best Gladiators players each week?
(check #gold-ring & #team-announcements for context)

6. If money were no object, where on Earth would you travel to and/or live? 

Odw4Esl.png

1. After 10 games played so far, how do you feel about the teams' performance?

I'm a little bit disappointed with the losing record, but I'm confident we'll be able to turn it around, as we seem to be scoring at a reasonable rate.

2. Who would you say are the favorites for the VHLE championship this year?

Us, of course. But if I had to be unbiased, Stockholm seems like a clear favourite so far in the first 10 games. Yes, they have benefitted from playing Bratislava the most, but still, they have a lot of good players.

3. BjorkaBjorn BjornaBjorkson, Francesco Mancini, & Bobby Bob, are 4th, 6th, and 7th respectively in goals scored in the VHLE so far, do you think they'll be able to keep up the pace?

I do! I hope Bjork can increase the pace in fact, and I think with Bob's playmaking touch that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

4. Do you have any goals for your player this season?

I'd like to finish in the Top 10 for points and finally settle in as a LEAGUE GREAT.

5. Would you rather the gold ring go to the overall best Gladiators player each week, or the 5 best Gladiators players each week? 
(check #gold-ring & #team-announcements for context)

Let's split the difference and do the THREE best players each week!

6. If money were no object, where on Earth would you travel to and/or live? 

I've always wanted to visit Australia and New Zealand. And most of Europe. I suppose if money was no object I would take a couple years off and literally travel the whole world.

HNlzdSY.png

1. Where do you think the team can look to improve so far? What have been the big problems from what you can tell?

2. What do you think the teams biggest strength is?

3. We've currently made it to 4th in the league, 2 points behind Cologne and 6 behind Geneva. Will we be able to catch up with them?

4. How has your player been performing? Is it to your liking?

5. Who do you think is going to win the Stanley Cup?

6. Would you rather be stuck on a broken ski lift or in a broken elevator?

HNlzdSY.png

1. Where do you think the team can look to improve so far? What have been the big problems from what you can tell?

You know, I'm not exactly sure. We're scoring reasonably well, we have the 3rd least penalties in the league, our defence is playing well. Perhaps a couple of our top players could be playing a more responsible two-way game, or MAYBE some extra depth could help. It's just a matter of winning those all too common tight decisions!

2. What do you think the teams biggest strength is?

I think our strength is our relative lack of weaknesses. We're just solid overall!

3. We've currently made it to 4th in the league, 2 points behind Cologne and 6 behind Geneva. Will we be able to catch up with them?

Geneva has been looking stronger and stronger as the season progresses. We're certainly competitive with them though and I see no reason we can't catch up.

4. How has your player been performing? Is it to your liking?

Pretty good! I'm surprised to see he's (currently) 2nd in the league in goals despite not even being in the Top 10 in points. If he finishes the season as a Top 5 goal scorer, I'll be quite pleased.

5. Who do you think is going to win the Stanley Cup?

I have no idea, but I'm really rooting for the Edmonton Oilers.

6. Would you rather be stuck on a broken ski lift or in a broken elevator?

Definitely a broken elevator, on a ski lift you could be dealing with some nasty cold winds.

nskseVz.png

1. Just had our first regulation loss in 15 games. Can we keep up a pace like that or are we due for a bit of a slump?

2. Matthew McCagg currently has a 0.932 sv %, 4th best in the league. How crucial has his play been for our success?

3. Will BjorkaBjorn BjornaBjorkson end the season as the top goal scorer in the league?

4. If we had a theme song, what would it be?

5. Would you rather give up using a phone or tablet forever or give up having any seasonings in food?

6. The Anaheim Ducks have an 18.5% chance for the first overall pick in the entry draft. Who do you hope wins the draft lottery?

49 minutes ago, GioSivo said:

nskseVz.png

1. Just had our first regulation loss in 15 games. Can we keep up a pace like that or are we due for a bit of a slump?

1. I think we're going to keep pace and not go into a slump I'm pretty positive about this one

2. Matthew McCagg currently has a 0.932 sv %, 4th best in the league. How crucial has his play been for our success?

2. I think the way I played did impact our success with the way I've been playing

3. Will BjorkaBjorn BjornaBjorkson end the season as the top goal scorer in the league?

3. I think they could if they played hard through the season

4. fun never ends by Barns Courtney

5. Would you rather give up using a phone or tablet forever or give up having any seasonings in food?

5. This is an no brainer it would be the seasoning in food can't live without my phone

6. The Anaheim Ducks have an 18.5% chance for the first overall pick in the entry draft. Who do you hope wins the draft lottery?

6. To be honest I don't really have an answer for you on this one I'm sorry

nskseVz.png

I think we can more or less keep up the pace we're at, we've been consistently picking up points each game, and that's what we're all about!

Any successful team needs their goaltender to play at least adequately, and McCagg has been doing more than enough to keep us winning games!

Almost certainly not, but that would be pretty cool.

I suppose the theme song to 2000's Gladiator

Giving up the phone sounds peaceful, and I love salt. No contest.

The Edmonton Oilers. 😛

kFG4ZYc.png

1. How do you think the addition of Mark Calaway will impact the team?

2. Looks like Geneva is the team to beat as of right now, how should we approach playing them?

3. Charles Williams seems to be our bully with 189 hits. How many do you think he will have at the end of the season?

4. What players on the team do you think get along easily?

5. If you could be sponsored by any company, who would it be?

6. What sport would your player have chosen to play, had it not been hockey?

1. How do you think the addition of Mark Calaway will impact the team?

Apparently it impacted us HORRIBLY, the guy is a locker room cancer.

2. Looks like Geneva is the team to beat as of right now, how should we approach playing them?

We should probably hire someone to break Jasper Davis’ kneecaps, that could go a long way in easing up the games.

3. Charles Williams seems to be our bully with 189 hits. How many do you think he will have at the end of the season?

I think he can finish with over 250 hits if he can keep it up!

4. What players on the team do you think get along easily?

Let’s say Owen Lazaro and Bobby Bob, Lazaro’s numbers have improved since Poopsteras, and Bobby is our top playmaker.

5. If you could be sponsored by any company, who would it be?

Perhaps Charmin because I love pooping.

6. What sport would your player have chosen to play, had it not been hockey?

Volleyball seems like it would be fun, especially on a beach.

qExMj1k.png

1. Well... its been rough to put it lightly. How do we bounce back?

2. Is Mark Calaway truly to blame for the lack of success?

3. Matthew McCagg is 2nd in the VHLE with a save percentage of 0.931. Is he the only person saving our season?

4. You think we'll be able to perform differently in the playoffs?

5. Does Bobby Bob finish 1st in points as a defensemen?

6. Connor Beddard is going to Chicago, how do you feel about this?

8 hours ago, GioSivo said:

qExMj1k.png

1. Well... its been rough to put it lightly. How do we bounce back? There's no doubt in my mind that line changes have a big big impact on team play but it's also important to consider other factors that may be contributing to the team struggles

2. Is Mark Calaway truly to blame for the lack of success? I don't think it's fair to just blame one person or anyone on the team communication is key teamwork is the issue right now

3. Matthew McCagg is 2nd in the VHLE with a save percentage of 0.931. Is he the only person saving our season? I would say that it's important to acknowledge the contributions of individual players like me to the team success however it's also important to recognize that hockey is a team sport and that every players contributions are valuable. It would be helpful to highlight the team's overall efforts and not solely rely on one player to save the season additionally it's important to avoid putting too much pressure on one player and ensure that everyone on the team is working together towards a common goal

4. You think we'll be able to perform differently in the playoffs? I would say that it's difficult to predict the outcome of the playoffs however it's important to focus on improving the team's performance and addressing any weaknesses or areas for improvement by working together as a team and focusing on the task at hand the team can increase their chances of success in the playoffs additionally as it's important to stay positive and motivated and use the previous experiences as a learning opportunity to perform better in the future

5. Does Bobby Bob finish 1st in points as a defensemen? I would say that it's possible for Bobby Bob to finish first and points as a defenseman but it's difficult to predict with certainty there are many factors that can influence a player's performance including the performance of The Players injuries and changes in strategy or gameplay it's important to focus on the team's overall performance and to work together to achieve success rather than solely focus on on one individual statistics

6. Connor Beddard is going to Chicago, how do you feel about this? If Conor Bedard is indeed going to the Chicago Blackhawks it could be seen as a positive move for both Bedard and the team Bedard is a highly touted Prospect with a lot of potential and the Blackhawks are a team with a successful history and a strong fan base however it's important to remember that nothing is guaranteed in sports and it will be up to Bedard to continue to work hard and perform at a high level in order to succeed at the professional level

BQ3ESNW.png

1. What a series! How are you feeling about winning the wildcard round!

2. Now we're up against Geneva, how are we going to beat them?

3. How much money are you willing to... "donate" to Bek to make sure things go smoothly? /j

4. How many points is Bjorka gonna put up this series after 10 pts in 3 games?

5. Who do you think will meet in the Stanley Cup Final? (Stars/Knights vs Hurricanes/Panthers)

6. If you have final exams coming up, how do you feel about them?

On 5/16/2023 at 4:42 PM, GioSivo said:

BQ3ESNW.png

1. What a series! How are you feeling about winning the wildcard round!

2. Now we're up against Geneva, how are we going to beat them?

3. How much money are you willing to... "donate" to Bek to make sure things go smoothly? /j

4. How many points is Bjorka gonna put up this series after 10 pts in 3 games?

5. Who do you think will meet in the Stanley Cup Final? (Stars/Knights vs Hurricanes/Panthers)

6. If you have final exams coming up, how do you feel about them?

2. I am pretty sure that if we score more goals than them we will beat them, but seriously if we play as team we will beat them.

4. I am expecting nothing less than 15.

5. I hope the Stars will beat the Knights, because I don't like the Knights. In the other series, I know the Panthers are having some really good playoffs, but in my opinion the Hurricanes are too good. So, in the final it will be Hurricanes vs Stars and the Hurricanes will win in 6.

kvmZZbP.png

1. We're going to the finals! How are you feeling right about now?

2. Bjorka and McCagg have been absolutely critical to our success, will they keep up the pace?

3. How many games do you think this series goes to?

4. What are your plans for next season, staying in the VHLE or moving to the VHL?

5. Vegas and Florida both have 2-0 leads in their series. Does either team s

6. Who's your bet for the Continental Cup?

18 hours ago, GioSivo said:

kvmZZbP.png

1. We're going to the finals! How are you feeling right about now?

2. Bjorka and McCagg have been absolutely critical to our success, will they keep up the pace?

3. How many games do you think this series goes to?

4. What are your plans for next season, staying in the VHLE or moving to the VHL?

5. Vegas and Florida both have 2-0 leads in their series. Does either team s

6. Who's your bet for the Continental Cup?

3. It is Olso's fourth final in a row, so anything is possible with this team, but I believe that we can win this series in 6 or 7 games.

4. My player already has more than 500 TPE, so I will obviously play in the VHL next season and possibly with the Toronto Legion. 

6. All four teams left can win the cup, so I don't know, but in my opinion Calgary has the team to surprise and upset a lot of people.

5BBRd62.png

1. Close but no cigar, how do you feel about the finals loss?

2. What did you think of your performance over these playoffs?

3. If you're moving onto the VHL, where are you off to?

4. What do we need to improve on for next season?

5. Any potential draftee's who look good for us in the upcoming draft?

6. Vegas or Florida, who wins the cup?