Everything Malmo

Telkster

Malmo Exit The Playoffs

Malmo have been swept 4-0 in the conference final by a red hot Moscow team that moves on to face Vancouver for the cup. It wasn't that Malmo never deserved a win against Moscow. The Menace were just that much better. Malmo had a tight first 2 games both ending in 3-2 loses which show's they were there battling. It's not a bad way to go out if your Malmo, as they did have a pretty successful year. That's the type of season that many people would've predicted. "I think we couldn't have left much else out there, sure you always think back, but you can't change much when your facing a team as good as Moscow." Said Brendan Telker after game 4. Thing's go up in the air quite quickly as Malmo's boss Hylands has stepped down, leaving the future of the team in a different person's hands. Thank you for making these some of my most favourite VHL uears in the league, and we won't forget that cup we all won together!

Is The Clock Ticking For This Core?

Malmo's core is mainly split by age. You have your younger generations like Telker, Deathwalker, Sova, Mourning etc. Then you have the class of S75. Sosa, Muffbeav, Kaberle, Wu, and Tretiak all having 2 seasons left. The player's I just listed are at least half or more of Malmo's main core (assuming Gunnar is gone). Even if you decide to hold onto these guys till retirement, they won't be the same type of players once the third regression hits. This means the GM will be walking into a big question mark that they will have to address. Do you go all out with these 2 classes in the next 2 years, essentially putting many good players in a tough spot of wanting to walk 2 years down the road. Or do you try and shake up and juggle this class, and try make a core based on longevity. Malmo don't have near enough of a prospect pool to replace the S75 group. I'm curious in general to see what the future will be around here. 

Offseason And Beyond

Odinsson has already said his goodbye's, but I am unaware if this will be via trade or retirement. There's always a Saga if Gunnar's on your team, so we'll see what happens there. Minion has a very likely shot at making the team as Malmo's #2 centreman, which would be great to see. Malmo are left with lot of UFA's to get to this offseason, so any player walking besides Odinsson would be a fairly big shock. If the current team can remain intact, then I would push for Malmo to go for a D man, as I think their offense should still be fine. I think the hardest thing about the whole situation is how blurry it is looking forward. I hope the new GM can bring some clarity once they are announced. That wraps it up for this media spot, till next week!

507 words

Review: I like the layout of this article with three headings/sections. Using different team colors is a great idea too to make it stand out. Well written, grammar and punctuation looks good. Only suggestion might be a logo/image but other than that nicely done. 9/10