Interviewing Mr Weenuk

KnightRiley

Image result for nhl player practice

Hello my name is Tony Bologna from Hockey Sandwich Inc. and we are here today to talk with Weenuk Warrior about his future and what is happening with him now.

TB: I would like to get right into it with the questions, How are you doing, what have you been up to recently?

WW: I am doing pretty good Tony, Octobers come and gone and it was nice being home for it to go trick or treating with the younger family members and to get some free snacks.

TB: That is nice to hear, following up with you being home for the fans and scouts that maybe unaware, what was the reason for you not joining a VHLM team this season?

WW: The reason for me staying is my grandparents, you know I could have gone and joined a team that sent an invitation and kept up with how they are doing, but hearing it over the phone and being there in person to see how they are doing are two different scenarios. I would have loved to play hockey in the league but they're two people that have always been there for me and are a big reason for my love of the game. They passed a week ago and I am glad for the time i got to spend with them during there final moments and know that my performance to the upcoming season will be for them, it sucks they wont be able to see me play but they'll always be in heart.

TB: Well I'm sorry to hear that and wish your family the best. With the end of playoffs for all three leagues have you payed attention to any of the games? and if so what do you think about the winners, and which team you were rooting for?

WW: Well both teams I was rooting for got knocked out early so I didn't pay close attention to how the rest of play offs went haha, I believe the Ottawa lynx won in the VHLM against the Yukon Rush. Yukon was one of the teams i was considering going to before i decided to stay home so i was rooting for them to win it all other then Houston Bulls who RKG played for for a couple seasons. Houston was the other team I was considering joining too but they ended selling some of there better playoffs before the trade deadline so there knock out wasn't the most surprising. As for the VHL I was rooting for the Prague Phantoms, again RKG played for them so that's where the favoritism comes from but the Vancouver Wolves ended up winning it against the Moscow Menace. Got to be happy for Vancouver the series went to seven where they won 5-2, personally I'm a big fan of Dakota Lamb and parts of my game are they way they are from watching him. 

TB: With the season end here the next waypoint is the drafts, I wanna ask what your plan is in regards to staying down in the M or if your gonna go ahead and play in the E? What teams you favor or want to get drafted by?

WW: I definitely wanna stay down in the M, with taking the season off it is gonna be a great help for my game and on top of that I don't think my game is at the level where it needs to be to just jump to the next level. For the draft in the M I'd like to be drafted by a couple certain teams but honestly where I go isn't a big deal, personally the first team id hope to get in Houston, it may be under new management from when RKG was there but I would like to play there. Other then maybe Halifax 21st it does not really matter to me, if anything I'd like to go to the team that will help me play more towards my game. For the E I didn't pay that much attention to it this season but RKG had nothing but good things to say about RJ so I'd pick Vasteras Iron Eagles. First and foremost I would like to go to Prague, as stated in past opinions RKG has been a great help in staying on top of my game and following his footsteps in where he went to play would be fun. I've had a couple teams contact me as to whether i would like to play with them or if my character would match what they would like in a team player so interviews have been fun. Two other teams that i'd want to be drafted by are the Toronto Legion and the New York Americans. When i was younger we took a trip to Toronto to watch the Maple Leafs play and when we went sightseeing there it was beautiful, it would also be nice to stay in Canada if i could. As for New York just living there would be great.

714305438_VHLLOGO.png.dfeb57926b508c218c6c492654b1e177.png  

TB: Alright a fine selection of teams, now for the GMs of the leagues how about you as a player? What type of player do you think you are or are growing towards?

WW: I am a playmaker no doubt about that. My shot has never been the best and at some point growing up I just stopped trying to make the shots and went strictly to passing so when i even try to shoot it usually goes wide of the net. Personally rather be the playmaker or role-player then the start of a team I don't think I have the IT factor to be the leader in that category. Speed is another attribute that I feel I excel in and being a smaller guy I have the mobility to get around the bigger guys more easily on the ice. Defensively I wont be sure until I get into real hockey games and even then, with a good coach my defensive game can always grow. I'm a pretty quiet guy and generally get along with everyone so I don't think my personality will clash with teammates on any team I get drafted too.

TB: Well Thank you Weenuk for your time and thoughts it was nice getting to know you and hope you have a great night. 

WW: No problem Tony thanks for the questions ill be seeing you! 

1068 words claiming on 11/14 and 11/21

REVIEW:

I love this a lot! The bigger text size and the coloring of the text are nice touches. Plus I love the photo that makes it look like a real news article. I am a bit bothered by the lack of paragraph spacing to be honest though. It's what keeps this from being a perfect score. Looking forward to seeing what you do in the draft!

9/10

REVIEW:

Tony Bologna! A nice article detailing your thoughts on the champions of each league this past season and where you'd like to end up for the next season. Not sure if it's a coincidence or not, but this is actually the second article in a row I read with the slightly bigger font size, and I have to say I'm a huge fan of it - just makes it easier to read. Overall, a nice solid article.

8/10