Duncan Idaho chasing Moscow's regular season records

OrbitingDeath

Duncan Idaho chasing Moscow's regular season records

Idaho wants to be a career player for the Moscow Menace and help them to capture their second Contintental Cup. But while chasing that cup (and they got so close last season), Duncan hopes to capture some Moscow Menace milestones of his own. So he is chasing some career records for the team. Let's take a look how things are currently going.

Games played: 

Current leader: Vladimir Pavlov - 576
Currently: 10th - 313 games played

The games played will be possible, but only if Moscow won't trade him, the current leader Vladimir Pavlov played eight full seasons for the franchise, so this is a record Idaho can only tie. If he plays one season less, he will be shared second as both Dean Clarke and Nate Telker played 504 games for the Menace.

Goals scored: 

Current leader: Jet Jaguar - 202
Currently: 2nd - 175

The goals scored will be up for grabs for Idaho, as he is just 27 goals away for the Menace. With his last goals he moved past Dan Baillie. If he keeps this up will also depend on Paul Atreides who currently is 6th with 153 goals. Atreides is outscoring Idaho this season, so he might be the biggest threat for taking this title.

Assists given: 

Current leader: Vladimir Pavlov - 375
Currently: 10th - 187

This one will proof to be harder, he is at the halfway point of the amount that Pavlov has gathered. But he is also over half his career. Now he scores more easily than in the earlier seasons of his career, this might be something up for grabs if he continues like this, however, his buddy Paul Atreides is currently in 9th place, so it looks like this will be one for the future Duke of House Atreides if they both keep up their pace.

Points scored: 

Current leader: Jet Jaguar - 506
Currently: 4th = 362

For the total points, it also looks like the dynamic duo of Atreides and Idaho will battle this out, while Jaguar had an excellent 506 points for the team, Idaho and Atreides are looking for longer careers with the franchise. Jaguar was on 1.11 points per game, just like Atreides. While  Idaho is currently on a 1.15 point per game pace. This one should be taken somewhere at the end of next season probably.

Plus / minus rating

Current leader: Mikko Lahtinen - 100
Currently: 8th - +70

The plus / minus one will remain a weird one, as playing longer for a team doesn't guarantee you a record like this. The teams leader currently, Mikko Lahtinen, played three seasons for Moscow in years they were pretty good. And due to that he took the lead in just these three seasons of play. While Idaho has 70 now, Atreides 72, it looks like that if the power house continues, that it will be defenseman Hard Markinson taking this one home, as he currently already is on a +75.

Penalty Minutes: 

Current leader: Vladimir Pavlov - 1018
Currently: 4th - 664

Is this a record to be proud of? Maybe not but as the teams power forward, Idaho will continue to rack up penalty minutes by default. The management might not like this, but Idaho loves seeing himself on top of any leader board, no matter how bad the records might be. So currently he is still 354 minutes away. On average he gains 2.12 penalty minutes a game. Will this get him the record? Yes, but only temporary, as Hard Markinson is right behind him with one season less played so far, but an average of 2.15 penalty minutes per game. The goon battle will be going on for a while.

Hits given: 

Current leader: Vladimir Pavlov - 1447
Currently:  2nd - 1383

The first record that will fall and should fall this season still. Idaho has been a hitter since his earliest days on the team and this shows in the hit record. 64 hits to go before this record is his, and no current teammates look to challenge him for this. So Idaho hopes this will become a big record in the end!

Shots fired: 

Current leader: Jet Jaguar - 1999
Currently:  2nd - 1829

Another record that might fall soon is the shots fired one. Jaguar was just one shot shy of hitting the 2k shots for Moscow. Idaho currently is still 170 shots behind. So this will be another record to fall this season. Let's see how high Idaho will manage to set the bar for future contenders for these records.

Shots blocked:

Current leader: Vladimir Pavlov - 944
Currently: 25th - 132 

This is probably the only record where Idaho won't have a single percent chance of grabbing it. Defenseman by default block more shots, so this is not keeping him awake. So let's move on to the next one immediatly.

Game winners: 

Current leader: Randoms - 36
Currently:  5th - 25

Randoms and Lahtinen, the numbers one and two, only played respetivally 4 and 3 seasons for the team, but in this period they were legends. In just these seasons they managed 36 and 30 game winners, averaging 9 and 10 a season. Idaho, currently in 5th is at 25 game winners, an average of 5 a season. So only be sheer volume he could win this, but he wont come close to the effectiveness these two had. 

So looking at these numbers, Idaho has been nothing but great for the franchise and he hopes to be able to continue this trend. With the draft day tug-o-war between London and Moscow about which team would land the dynamic duo of Atreides and Idaho, I would say Moscow made the right decision to trade away their top players to acquire the needed picks. As both players are on track of getting some franchise records, they still have one mutual goal and that is to raise that cup in the air for Moscow! Last season left a bitter taste in the mouths of our fans and we hope to be able to bring justice to the motherland again. 

Words: 1000+

Go Idaho! I'm totally not biased due to picking you for a bunch of awards in predictions or anything. Totally just a 100% honest fan™ Also have you tried applying Clue Glue™ to your stick for that extra edge? @OrbitingDeath

8 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

Go Idaho! I'm totally not biased due to picking you for a bunch of awards in predictions or anything. Totally just a 100% honest fan™ Also have you tried applying Clue Glue™ to your stick for that extra edge? @OrbitingDeath

Now I know what I forgot, submitting my predictions

@Spartanwhy didnt you remind me?

44 minutes ago, OrbitingDeath said:

Now I know what I forgot, submitting my predictions

@Spartanwhy didnt you remind me?

because uh....I forgot as well and sorta just submitted them one night while driving somewhere