Vhlm trade deadline observation

Lemorse7

The trade deadline is coming up really quickly. I’m going to look at every roster and tell which team is a buyer, seller or stay put. Let's start with the VHLM. 

Halifax have already begun to sell but still have some decent players with a bunch of value. Jorgen Von Strangle could move at the deadline, don’t forget that he put up 143 points last season, yes he is only at 30 points in 46 games. If you can match him with a good playmaker, I think that he can produce like he had in the past. The second player is Harry Hagel, a really good two-way defenseman if a team wants to upgrade their defenseman core. Hagel is a name that GM should keep in mind. 

The Miami Marauders are a questionable one; they can sell some pieces if they decide to. Bo Johansson, a defensive minded defenseman is definitely a player that other GMs are looking for and Jeremy D is also a player that has good value for a team that wants to have a push in the playoffs. 

The Mexico City Kings have some great players but I don’t think they will sell or buy. They are at the 8 place and the final playoff spot in the standings. I think some player signing could do the job to maybe pass Saskatoon in the standings. 

The Saskatoon Wild are in the same boat with the kings; they are in a decent spot in the standings and have a decent roster to compete against other teams. I don’t think they are going to make any moves. 

The Philadelphia Reapers have a great team and they have a number of good defenders. Maybe trying to trade a defenseman for a forward  to upgrade the forward core bringing a good forward player to the team. If they trade or not they have a great team and almost a full roster they can surprise some team. We all know that Alex loves to trade so maybe is going to try to make some trade happen. 

The San Diego Marlins, similar to Philadelphia, have a full roster, but have little more punch in offense. My ear was listening and rumors say that they will sign some waiver players. I think they stay put and don't trade. 

The Mississauga Hounds have a bunch of good players and I don’t see them making a move. But maybe they will try to upgrade their offense or bring another great defenseman to have a solid top 4. 

The Las Vegas Aces are another team that have a full roster and a good roster with Price in the net, a solid top 6 group of forwards and a solid top 4 group of defenseman. I think they just let the young players grow and go into the playoffs with them. 

The Houston Bulls solid roster all around have some roster place in their defense so maybe a trade that brings a defenseman to Houston can help them in the long run. Adding a defenseman or two is maybe what they need to close the gap between them and Ottawa. 

The Ottawa Lynx are obviously the best team in the league right now and they don’t need to trade for anything, that team has a cup finals attached to it. 

I think a bit like last year most of the trade already happened and I don’t think we are going to see a lot of trade during the trade deadline. 

583 words 

14 hours ago, Alexandre said:

The Miami Marauders are a questionable one

With the recent upswing in the locker room, coupled with Bo getting the captaincy and Miami having two players on this weeks TPE leaderboard. Things are possibly about to turn around in Miami! That being said, I probably just jinxed it with this post and Bo ends up getting traded within 24 hrs or something.🤣

REVIEW 

I love how you separated each section of the teams by spaces. That makes it easy for everyone to find the team they want to know about. I also think you brought up great points for every team and explained those points well in such a short explanation for each team. Overall this was written very well and I liked it.. I am personally looking forward to your VHL and E articles!

9/10

@Alexandre Review: As usual I enjoy your MS. These types of articles are quite useful to the league. As far from everyone will want to put in the time/effort of going around all the teams and checking for needs etc. Even for users with players in the M it's not necessarily something you'd do. So to have it all in an easy to digest straight to the point article, that outlines basically everything the casual observer needs to know is great.

If there is something I'd like to see to take it to the next level, it's possibly adding in a bit more eye candy to go with it all. Team logos/banners etc. and on the information side of things having a quick stat line for the players in question would also be a nice touch. The stuff that @ajwllmsn does with his rankings over at VSN is in a similar vein. So looking at those as a possible source of inspiration may take it to the next level, or maybe your new endorsement deal with Step-Hasbro™ means that Clue Glue™ will help elevate your MS! Though, I'm not entirely sure that's how Clue Glue™ works.

Keep up the good work!