Madison's New Start

samx

Joe Madison was drafted 14th overall in the s77 draft by the Calgary Wranglers. He would spend the first 4 seasons of his career as part of the wrangler’s organization. He loved it in Calgary and signed a long-term deal when his contract was up but quickly realized Calgary may not be the place for him. With that being said after a lot of thinking he officially requested a trade in early s80. There were a lot of different points throughout the season where he questioned if he had made the right decision or not. Madison was eventually told that he would not be traded till the following offseason. Although not completely surprised it hurt a little to be told. He pushed through the rest of the season and carried on playing his heart out in Calgary.

Offseason had made its way around and Madison knew he would have a new home soon. He was told shortly after that he would be heading off to the LA stars which did not fully surprise him because he had a past relationship with the stars. As he arrived in LA he was overwhelmed with both excitement and nerves. This was his first time walking into a new locker room in a long while. 

The season started and what shocked him most was how well he had started off. Madison started a point-per-game pace the minute he stepped on the ice in LA. As excited as he was he also knew that he probably was not going to keep it up. The team around him was ecstatic about how great of a start the newbie had gotten off to. The season has continued to move on and Madison has stayed a point per game and has beaten his record-high point total in a season with still plenty of games left to go. “It has really shocked me. ” Madison said when asked about how well he has been doing this season. It is said that sometimes all you need is new scenery to get something going and for Madison, that seems to be the case.

With 47 games played Madison has 63 points averaging 1.34 points per game this season in LA. Another highlight of the season for Madison was a game against his former team Calgary. During game 188 of the season, Calgary and LA faced off in a conference matchup. Madison in this game would end up with 3 goals and 2 assists making it a 5 point night for him against his former team. “It was a surreal moment to have such a great game against a team I have so much history with. ” Madison said after the game. This by far has to have been the best game of his career. Rumor has it that his former gm @Ricer13reached out to him after the game congratulating him on such a great night. Although they may not work together anymore his former gm still has so much respect for what the former wrangler has accomplished this season.

With about 25 games left in the season, it will be interesting to see what else Madison will be able to do. This has definitely been a breakout year for him and if this is how he continues to play he has a bright future coming up.

4 hours ago, samx said:

Joe Madison was drafted 14th overall in the s77 draft by the Calgary Wranglers. He would spend the first 4 seasons of his career as part of the wrangler’s organization. He loved it in Calgary and signed a long-term deal when his contract was up but quickly realized Calgary may not be the place for him. With that being said after a lot of thinking he officially requested a trade in early s80. There were a lot of different points throughout the season where he questioned if he had made the right decision or not. Madison was eventually told that he would not be traded till the following offseason. Although not completely surprised it hurt a little to be told. He pushed through the rest of the season and carried on playing his heart out in Calgary.

Offseason had made its way around and Madison knew he would have a new home soon. He was told shortly after that he would be heading off to the LA stars which did not fully surprise him because he had a past relationship with the stars. As he arrived in LA he was overwhelmed with both excitement and nerves. This was his first time walking into a new locker room in a long while. 

The season started and what shocked him most was how well he had started off. Madison started a point-per-game pace the minute he stepped on the ice in LA. As excited as he was he also knew that he probably was not going to keep it up. The team around him was ecstatic about how great of a start the newbie had gotten off to. The season has continued to move on and Madison has stayed a point per game and has beaten his record-high point total in a season with still plenty of games left to go. “It has really shocked me. ” Madison said when asked about how well he has been doing this season. It is said that sometimes all you need is new scenery to get something going and for Madison, that seems to be the case.

With 47 games played Madison has 63 points averaging 1.34 points per game this season in LA. Another highlight of the season for Madison was a game against his former team Calgary. During game 188 of the season, Calgary and LA faced off in a conference matchup. Madison in this game would end up with 3 goals and 2 assists making it a 5 point night for him against his former team. “It was a surreal moment to have such a great game against a team I have so much history with. ” Madison said after the game. This by far has to have been the best game of his career. Rumor has it that his former gm @Ricer13reached out to him after the game congratulating him on such a great night. Although they may not work together anymore his former gm still has so much respect for what the former wrangler has accomplished this season.

With about 25 games left in the season, it will be interesting to see what else Madison will be able to do. This has definitely been a breakout year for him and if this is how he continues to play he has a bright future coming up.

Funny Face Dog GIF

Review:

What a greatly detailed article on Madison that not only follows a great story line, but also highlights key moments and stats along the way. I love the ending paragraph that leaves the reader excited to see what this player can do in the future! I normally don’t go higher then 8.5/10 for articles with no bigger titles up top, colour, or pictures, but this was truly a fun read. 9/10!

17 minutes ago, Telkster said:

Review:

What a greatly detailed article on Madison that not only follows a great story line, but also highlights key moments and stats along the way. I love the ending paragraph that leaves the reader excited to see what this player can do in the future! I normally don’t go higher then 8.5/10 for articles with no bigger titles up top, colour, or pictures, but this was truly a fun read. 9/10!

I appreciate the super nice comments!!

Very well written article, shows a good summary of what Joe has gone through the past few seasons. The stats provided the reader a good understanding of how good this guy is, but I kind of whish I heard what the trade was, was it seen as a blockbuster multi-player trade? Regardless it was very well done, and I couldn't find too much to criticize. I am excited to see what the future holds for Joe! 9/10