a tale of two Brothers // Goodbye's

Daniel Janser

Swiss Central Gazzette (Marcel's stats/Daniel's stats)

Since we last wrote about the Janser brothers, a fair amount of games have been played and an important trade has been made.

Due to the above mentioned circumstances we will just post the game results as well as Marcel's and Daniel's individual statistics, but add an interview instead.

Marcel's @Morcar80 Mississauga Hounds have played the following games:

1. 4-0 loss against the Reapers. Marcel had 0g, 0a, +0 and 1sb

2. 4-3 win against the Aces. Marcel posted 0g, 1a, +0, 1 hit and 1sb

3. 6-2 win against the Reapers. Marcel recorded 0g, 2a, +2 and 1sb

4. 6-5 OT win against the Reapers. Marcel logged 1g, 0a, +0 and 1sb

5. 3-2 loss against the Aces. Marcel had 0g, 0a, -2, 1 hit and 3sb to his name

6. 4-3 SO win against the Reapers. Marcel was reported with 0g, 0a, +0 and 2 hits

7. 5-3 defeat against the Aces. Marcel achieved 0g, 0a and -1

8. 6-2 loss against the Bulls. Marcel posted a 0g, 1a, +1, 1 hit and 1sb record

Daniel's Storm faced the following teams:

1. The Watchmen in a 6-5 OT win. Daniel was recorded with 1g, 0a, +2, 2 PIM (Hooking, no effect on the score) and 6 hits

2. The Rush in a 5-2 win. Daniel logged 2g (including the GWG), 1a, +2, 4 PIM (Interference and Goalie Interference, the former penalty lead to a goal), 6hits as well as 2sb. He was also named first star of the game.

3. The Rush in a 8-3 win. Daniel had 0g, 1a, +0, 2 PIM (Hooking, no effect on the score) and 2 hits to his name 

4. The Express in a 5-2 loss. Daniel achieved 1g, 0a, -2, 9 PIM (Interference (lead to a goal against), Hooking and a Fighting Major (first of his career), the two latter penalties without effect on the score) and 1 hit

5. The Gladiators in a 7-5 defeat. Daniel was reported with 1g, 2a, +0, 2 PIM (Hooking, lead to a goal) and 5 hits

6. The Watchmen in a 3-1 loss. Daniel logged 0g, 0a, 2 PIM (Hooking, no change to the score) and 10 hits

7. The Red Wolves in a 4-3 loss. Daniel contributed 1g, 1a, +1, 4 PIM (Elbowing and Diving, the former lead to a goal) and 5 hits

8. The Iron Eagles in a 6-4 defeat. Daniel was credited with 1g, 0a, -1, 3 hits and 1sb

The Jansers statitistics as of now (in aggregate):

Marcel: 52gp, 5g, 31a, 36pts, -25, 28 PIM, 56 hits, 81sb, 1gwg, 3ppg

Daniel: 52gp, 25g, 35a, 60pts, -16, 81 PIM, 184 hits, 30sb, 4gwg, 5ppg

Today, we got the breaking news that Daniel, in a trade dead line move, has been transferred to Istanbul in exchange for a S82 2nd and a S83 fourth round pick. 

Gretta Hjalmarsdottir reached out on the matter to the elder Janser brother and got the following statement: 'The Storm figured that the playoffs were out of reach for us this season, despite our latest catch-up run. So they asked me whether I would be willing to play for Istanbul, who at the moment are second of the league, in order to have a swing at the cup. I told Laine @Laine, that I will agree to anything which would help the Storm going forward. Staying at Oslo and given my all to still try and make the playoffs or going to Istanbul and play with equal fervour and commitment would both have been viable options for me. I understand from @KaleebtheMighty that the Red Wolves were looking to add some grit and physicality to their game and I think this is something I can provide. So I will pack my belongings and catch the next flight to Istanbul and report for duty as soon as possible and get to know management and team mates alike. Istanbul has a very good team and I think it is entirely possible that we end up in the finals for the Renaissance Cup. It will be interesting to play in this melting pot between Europe and Asia with its rich culture and history. And as is my habit, I will endeavour to learn the local lingo from the start to be independent, though I have heard that Turkish brothers do not appreciate if one flirts with their sisters. So I will hold of on that part.'

https://vhlforum.com/topic/113407-a-tale-of-two-brothers-reunited/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/113467-a-tale-of-two-brothers-picking-up-speed/

https://vhlforum.com/topic/113607-oslist-s81/

GM 222: Philadelphia Reapers vs. Mississauga Hounds (vhlportal.com)

GM 227: Mississauga Hounds vs. Las Vegas Aces (vhlportal.com)

GM 231: Philadelphia Reapers vs. Mississauga Hounds (vhlportal.com)

GM 238: Mississauga Hounds vs. Philadelphia Reapers (vhlportal.com)

GM 241: Las Vegas Aces vs. Mississauga Hounds (vhlportal.com)

GM 243: Mississauga Hounds vs. Philadelphia Reapers (vhlportal.com)

GM 248: Mississauga Hounds vs. Las Vegas Aces (vhlportal.com)

GM 253: Mississauga Hounds vs. Houston Bulls (vhlportal.com)

GM 178: Oslo Storm vs. Bratislava Watchmen (vhlportal.com)

GM 181: Geneva Rush vs. Oslo Storm (vhlportal.com)

GM 187: Geneva Rush vs. Oslo Storm (vhlportal.com)

GM 190: Oslo Storm vs. Cologne Express (vhlportal.com)

GM 196: Rome Gladiators vs. Oslo Storm (vhlportal.com)

GM 197: Oslo Storm vs. Bratislava Watchmen (vhlportal.com)

GM 204: Istanbul Red Wolves vs. Oslo Storm (vhlportal.com)

GM 207: Oslo Storm vs. Vasteras Iron Eagles (vhlportal.com)

Excellent read! Very nice article! Love the showing of stats comparison and news report. Could have structured the "statement" a bit to make it easier to read as opposed to it looking like a block of text. Good use of colour coding to distinguish the comparison. 9/10