Sim Box Fan colour Poll

Beketov

The great Sim Box fan poll  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Commissioner

When I did my last case swap on sim box I used a case with 5 fan slots plus a new cooler that obviously contains a fan. Since this time the fans have been set to red because only 3 of them were RGB and red fans were what I had available otherwise.

HOWEVER I received for Christmas a pack of 3 more RGB fans which means the cooler fan and the front fans can now be RGB as well, fully colouring all 6 fans in the case / cooler. Now sim box is old and therefore doesn’t have an RGB header which means I can’t go full unicorn vomit (I wouldn’t want to anyway) BUT I can select from a range of colours to have all the fans be the same. That’s where you all come in.

Changing it frequently is a pain because it’s done with a physical remote in the back of my case but since I’m putting new fans in anyway this is the perfect time to change it up and therefore I want the VHL community to decide what flavour their sims come in. Whatever is highest by the time I put the new fans in wins.

Relatively mediocre showcase of the colour options

I tend to actually lean towards bright colors like Malmo Green and Riga Orange but I also don`t mind the secondary colors of Prague Phantoms; Which is good thing is I have so far played in the VHL for only this team. But for the case of your fans I selected blue due to cool nature of the color but it also depends on so many factors.

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Shindigs said:

I think Orange needs a friend rn.

Funnily enough I was originally leaning orange because I plan to paint the room very dark grey, almost matte black, and have wood finishes that would go well with orange.

But I also wanted to have some fun with this and let the masses decide so down with orange!

Just now, Beketov said:

Funnily enough I was originally leaning orange because I plan to paint the room very dark grey, almost matte black, and have wood finishes that would go well with orange.

But I also wanted to have some fun with this and let the masses decide so down with orange!

Yeah it would appear the cooler colors are kind of running away with it. Does sound like Orange would have gone well with the rest of the room though. Also last I checked @Spartanidentifies as an orange, so maybe that impacted the voting.🤔

• Commissioner
Just now, Shindigs said:

Yeah it would appear the cooler colors are kind of running away with it. Does sound like Orange would have gone well with the rest of the room though. Also last I checked @Spartanidentifies as an orange, so maybe that impacted the voting.🤔

Tbh the rest of the room isn’t done yet and none of the colours would look really bad currently so I’m not too worried. Once we have the rest finished I’ll cycle through and see which one fits best.

19 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Tbh the rest of the room isn’t done yet and none of the colours would look really bad currently so I’m not too worried. Once we have the rest finished I’ll cycle through and see which one fits best.

Honestly, as long as you avoid the unicorn vomit. Everything looks pretty solid. Okay maybe hot pink would be a bit much, unless you feel like unleashing your inner Twitch streamer. So maybe save that for the Zoo Tycoon stream?

• Commissioner
33 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

Honestly, as long as you avoid the unicorn vomit. Everything looks pretty solid. Okay maybe hot pink would be a bit much, unless you feel like unleashing your inner Twitch streamer. So maybe save that for the Zoo Tycoon stream?

Would need to buy all new fans for hot pink and I have no interest in that haha.

Mind you I do find it can work in some

builds, white builds especially can look really good with pink.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Would need to buy all new fans for hot pink and I have no interest in that haha.

Mind you I do find it can work in some

builds, white builds especially can look really good with pink.

Yeah, there's a time and place for most colors (except orange apparently).😅 You get surprised sometimes with how good things you don't individually like can look when it's part of the right setup. Personally I'm more for the understated, so just have a matte black minimalist case with 0 lightning except the on button.

• Commissioner

So I put the new fans in…. Strictly speaking purple won and I was super excited about it actually but sadly the purple looks, how can I put this, horrible. It’s like a slightly purple tinged white and just looks really bad. Orange is similar, it looks like a weird middle ground between white and yellow more than orange.

anyway, long story short I went with the second place choice because that seems the most fair so therefore Sim Box is now Teal.

3A2F5F25-1FBC-47E0-8C94-F2FD2822BEC1.jpeg

I might change it up on occasion now that they are all in and also might move the front fans to be between the front mesh and the case (I think that’s for a rad strictly speaking) because they’d be more visible but for now it looks nice…. We’ll aside from having more light means I can see how ugly some of my cables are. A task for another day.

Now we have a new solution for when the sims don't go our way. Ask to have the color changed, because that obviously impacts the outcomes of the sims. Too bad about the Purple not actually being purple.

• Commissioner
Just now, Shindigs said:

Now we have a new solution for when the sims don't go our way. Ask to have the color changed, because that obviously impacts the outcomes of the sims. Too bad about the Purple not actually being purple.

It was definitely a bit better when I put the side panel back on (since it has a dark tint) but it still didn’t look nearly as good as I had hoped.

But yes, I expect people to start requests on colour changes shortly. Maybe this swap from red to teal will make Papa not suck, that would be nice.

Just now, Beketov said:

It was definitely a bit better when I put the side panel back on (since it has a dark tint) but it still didn’t look nearly as good as I had hoped.

But yes, I expect people to start requests on colour changes shortly. Maybe this swap from red to teal will make Papa not suck, that would be nice.

I mean maybe the Orange that's actually yellow is the missing X-Factor for a Moscow player? Though based on what Red did to Miami, I wouldn't count on it.😅