Payne excited for opportunities

Scurvy

Young rookie defenseman on the San Diego Marlins, Brian “Phantom” Payne is taking his first season in stride trying to take all that is the VHL.  Signed as a free agent by the San Diego Marlins he learned quickly (thanks to team GM JB123) how to earn TPE fast so that he could contribute to his club.  While he is still learning the complexities of the league he is just happy to be a part of such an amazing league.  Although not hall of fame numbers for a defenseman Payne ended the regular season with 72 GP 11 G 20 A 31 P, 128 PIM, 166 hits, and 76 SB. 

After one season and about to start the playoffs, Payne has reached 176 TPE (182 after this article ).  Although he wishes he would have read the Newby guide to builds a little earlier! He is fascinated with the league still and after recent invites to the Junior Showcase Tournament and the Victory ProAm his level of excitement is through the roof.   Selected 13th overall in the Junior showcase by THE Warriors he was impressed by the GM Agito and AGM Thad and their willingness to help new players out.  That’s what makes this league so great is the willingness of vets to help the newer players to make this such a fun league.  

Payne is excited to see what this Junior Showcase is all about and hopes to learn and be a solid defenseman for the club.  In an interview with the rookie, we asked him some questions about his experiences and what his future holds?

Question: “What do you think of the league so far and what are the Marlin’s chances in the playoffs?”

Answer: “I am absolutely loving it so far.  Took me a bit to adjust and earn TPE so I could help but happy I am here. I only wish I could re-allocate my points to make me a better Dman. I feel we have great chance to compete for the cup in San Diego.  Our team is amazing, and we have hit our stride going into the playoffs.  I think the break at Christmas helped us a lot.  

Question: “How do you feel about the junior showcase coming up and where you went in the draft?”

Answer: “I am pumped!   For the Warriors to take me makes me feel so honored and excited to play for them.  They picked some awesome players and have outstanding leadership at GM and AGM I know I am in good hands to make me a better player.” 

Question: “What do you think your future is in the VHL?”

Answer: “Well I can only control what I can control.  I am going to work hard and earn TPE as fast as I can and improve.  Where I end up next season is out of my control so I wherever I am, that team will get a solid defenseman who is hungry to learn and help the club in any way possible.  And to WIN.” 

We hope to follow Payne’s career and the upcoming playoffs as well as the upcoming Junior Showcase.  

Review time! First of all, I really like how you organized your paragraph into 2 sections: the start and first half of the middle, where you talk about stats and tpe and all the “nerdy” talk and the second part where you talk about your experiences in an interview like format. I also like how you talked in an interview format rather than a personal format. I wished you had used bolded wording on the the questions and underline on the stats. Overall great media spot. 8/10

@Scurvy First off congratulations on being drafted in the JST. I'm fairly certain you were at least top 3 on everyone's draftlist for Dmen. I'm certain you'll do great things there. We all did relatively silly things with our first injection of TPE (almost all of us at least). So don't worry about a few errant points. At your earn rate they will be a drop in the ocean once you hit the big league.

Review: Loved it. As the above reviews pointed out the formatting made it a nice and easy read. You come across as very humble in the article, which is always a good look. Getting to know another newer member, how they look at the league and the various opportunities (JST, ProAM) is not just fun, but very useful. Getting the actual perspective on them, from the players they are made for, is invaluable. The only gripe if I had to pick one, is going to be one that I use a lot. It's a lack of eye-candy. If you look at a lot of the stuff that the VSN guys write over in that section of the forums. You'll notice that they insert graphics, images and the like to help break up the text and give it more of that "professional" look. Because after all, when was the last time you read a news article online with no pictures? That obviously doesn't impact the writing itself, that I had no real issues with. But it puts the presentation over the top.

Very nice article!! paragraphs are nicely put together. Could use a picture, bold and italics to make it pop and stand out a bit more. The interview style is super fun and makes it a super easy read and us readers feel like we get to know the player! Other than that everything else looks good, good luck with your player!!

Review 8/10 

Review time: Good media spot, was fun to read, and glad to hear your having a good time. Your post is spaced out well and easy to follow, I appreciate how you did the Q&A section. I think the next step would be incorporating the use of bold, italics and underline. For instance say underlining question and answer, or making the bold, and if you want you could have the actual questions and answers in italics, why you might ask? It just makes it look more fancy and you put more time into it. Overall it's good 6.5/10