Olympics/World Juniors

So I have been in SHL for about a season now, and though there is definitely a rift/rivalry between the two player sims, i believe both leagues can learn from one another and each have some unique, interesting ideas.

One of these ideas that I would like to bring to light is how they run the Olympics.

General Managers:
Each IHF Federation gets a 2 person governing board, decided by the commissioners (Similar to the GM/Co-GM system that is already in place). That two person governing board is in charge of that federation for as long as their player is a member of that country or until they resign. This takes the onus of delaying everything by having one person running all 6 current federations, having to deal with hiring coaches and getting their lineups. The selection of a new person to this position when someone retires or resigns can be hand chosen by the existing member, or if none is given then by the commissioner. 

The federation has the option to select a coach for each term and this coach must be announced at the beginning of every SHL season, rather than at the end of it. This will speed up the process and the three man governing board, plus the coach, will determine the roster throughout the season and have it set by the time the SHL playoffs are underway. This sets up a three man team for each season and each country.

I personally like this idea of having a 3 man-management. The two heads determining who makes the roster and who doesn't, and then you have the coach who works in conjunction with the federation heads to make the lines.

Rosters:

-Roster Size: 17, allowing for 3 lines of forward, 3 defensive pairings, and 2 goalies; teams may use their final 2 defensive roster spots on forwards if no more forwards are available to them

Rosters are pretty self-explanatory.

Dual Nationalities:

-Players may only leave Canada or the United States and may only join any of the other 10 nations. Once you play for a country in a friendly, qualifying, or a tournament, you are locked in and cannot switch from that country. If you switch and are not used (though unlikely), you may not switch back. Once you switch, it is final. Teams with enough players may continue to add players to replace inactives, but they may not bump off an active in favor of a better dual national.

-Players are only allowed to switch nationalities if offered the chance by the "GM" of the nation they are switching to, i.e. a player may not switch from Canada to Germany unless the German GM offered the opportunity and approves the switch. This ensures that nobody switches needlessly.

I am unsure of how Dual Nationalities work in VHL, but I think this might be an interesting way of doing things. I remember that we have had a ton of players in USA and Canada, and therefore had to slump other countries into basically Team Europe and Team Asia, which i personally did not like. Having a dual nationalities type thing could be fun and mean that we could actually have a Russian team and Swedish team as players would transfer from the overcrowded USA and Canada team.

Teams represented:

-Team Austria

-Team Canada

-Team Czechoslovakia

-Team Finland

-Team Germany

-Team Ireland

-Team Latvia

-Team Norway

-Team Russia

-Team Sweden

-Team UK

-Team US

Now I understand SHL has a ton of players so they can have a lot more teams, but I still think we, VHL, could have an adaption of this if we wanted to. Its an idea/suggestion. Would love to hear feedback

What's wrong with the World and Super Cups as is?

Idk about Super Cup, but World Cup pissed me off as i think y'all remembered..

Also the finding of new GMs can be unnecessarily time consuming. Why not have it like being a GM of a team.. You keep the job until you don't want it.

I think the biggest thing for me is having as many countries represented and a type of dual nationality system implemented

........team Russia........  :cry:

I know you want a team for Russia and chances are they won't have one unless more people make Russian born players. But keep up the fight, because one day, just maybe, Russia will rise from the ashes and reclaim their national team in the World Cup

All you have to do is

nxt-050114-bo-dallas-1.jpg

Edited by Ball

Seriously d3vilsfire give it up. There was only a few Russian players, thats not enough to make it worth our while. Focus on the development of your VHLM prospects and not on Team Russia.

Seriously d3vilsfire give it up. There was only a few Russian players, thats not enough to make it worth our while. Focus on the development of your VHLM prospects and not on Team Russia.

damn..i am.. I've given Eisenhower a bigger role like y'all asked.. He and Simon are basically my only "prospects" ...

Guest Svoboda_3

I don't think we need to jump down the guys throat over it. He's just making a suggestion, but what we do have going works for us.

I don't think we need to jump down the guys throat over it. He's just making a suggestion, but what we do have going works for us.

It's not so much that though, we already explained the system two season ago too him. I'm not jumping down his throat, just saying that we don't need to go down this road again with the whole Russian ordeal. If there isn't enough players, there's no team; thats the way it's always been.

It was like 2 weeks late....

Lol, it was never 2 weeks late. Tf you talking bout, brother?

Plus, this is our new system we're rolling out this year. We've never done it before. Thus, again, how could it have been 2 weeks late?

Edited by Spangle

Lol, it was never 2 weeks late. Tf you talking bout, brother?

Plus, this is our new system we're rolling out this year. We've never done it before. Thus, again, how could it have been 2 weeks late?

Something IHF related was 2 weeks late, so get off. 

• Senior Admin

tumblr_mvv5umj1Xe1qkkh4no4_400.gif

fuck i love katniss 

Anyways, yeah I liked the World Cup that devise ran. It worked. Sure we didn't have a russian or sweden team, but at this point should we really be endorsing russia anyway? :o