Reviewing my VHFL Team

STZ

Pick #5: Hard Markinson @STZ

Analysis: So I pick myself rather early. I actually get him 4th overall as the player before me gets skipped, and then eventually DQ'd. Markinson takes the 1st line minutes this year, and hopes to build off a huge playoff season. Considering he gets a lot of points, hits and shots blocked, I think this is a pretty safe pick. Should be one of the top defensemen in fantasy.

Pick #8: Taylor Mourning @scoop

Analysis: This is a player I have always loved. I had Street ranked at the top of his draft class, and as AGM of Malmo I really was excited to see him drop in his draft. Hylands and I both were ecstatic to select this player, and only a few seasons later he is an elite two-way forward with a Cup under his belt. This to me will be a top five fantasy performer at the end of the year. He has over 100 points last season and over 300 hits. That's insane. Huge fan of this pick.

Pick #17: Zeedayno Chara @Jubis

Analysis: My defense partner in Moscow is Z Chara, this is a different one.. This was more of a positional selection, as I could see that a lot of players before me secured a top forward, so they will likely be taking a defenseman. I decided to take my second defenseman early and took Jubis' Chara. Strong overall fantasy player, with good defensive stats and is going to be passing to Justin Lose all season long. I think I locked up 2 D in the top 5.

Pick #20: Vinny Detroit @dasboot

Analysis: This was my first stretch pick, but I think I went with the same logic as Chara. I get a player who will be playing with a really good offensive player, and is the hitting forward on that team. Detroit only had 34 points last season and 340+ hits. If he reduces his hits by 40, and goes a point per game, this should be huge value at pick 20. Plus I get a really good cook.

Pick #29: Sirkants Klamasteris @hedgehog337

Analysis: With Sales gone, I beleive I get one of the better goalies at pick 29 with Klamasteris of the Calgary Wranglers. He performed well last season, and I think this continues. I though of going with Papa Emeritus, but with Klamasteris on the board, I went with the safer pick.

Pick #32: Saku Kotkakoivu @DollarAndADream

Analysis: At pick 32 I go with a huge underrated meta build. I believe this is our next Funk Trophy winner. I can see Kotkakoivu being on the Boulet ballot with Mourning and Idaho next season. He had 82 hits, and a decent point total for a rookie last season. He should crush this, even with The Rock on his team.

Congrats to all the players I blessed.