Spartcast #12 - The State of TPE in the VHL

Spartan

https://anchor.fm/spartan56/episodes/Spartcast-12---The-State-of-TPE-in-the-VHL-e1e3562

I'm about to sleep so not waiting for the Spotify embed. Talked about a job pay intricacy I didn't know about, recent changes to supplemental point tasks, and the career task change no one heard about. Followed up by brief comments about Moscow and the state of the VHLM and VHLE.

I still think the Biography will rarely be done, if at all. Maybe a better word count-TPE ratio needs to be found to better incentivize it, I'm not sure. Nice pod, only complained about other drivers 4 or 5 times.

Just now, dlamb said:

I still think the Biography will rarely be done, if at all. Maybe a better word count-TPE ratio needs to be found to better incentivize it, I'm not sure. Nice pod, only complained about other drivers 4 or 5 times.

You're a fellow max earner, so I'm interested in your opinion as well. Biography seems like a decent task, as it covers a player's entire career. What would it take for you to complete it?

1 minute ago, Spartan said:

You're a fellow max earner, so I'm interested in your opinion as well. Biography seems like a decent task, as it covers a player's entire career. What would it take for you to complete it?

I'm not sure what anyone else's mindset is, but in D Lamb's last season I was mostly checked out, just ready for the next one. 5 Uncapped out of 1510 is not even relatively worth it, especially since I had too much TPA and was dumping it in DI. I'm honestly not sure what a solution is, the only reason I would've had to do it is to get a little higher in the all-time TPE leaderboard.

18 minutes ago, v.2 said:

Would love to be able to do a Biography right now (my 5th season) but having to wait until the final depreciation hits is pretty pointless… No incentive.

The problem with this is you can't exactly recap your entire career 5 seasons in. Maybe make it a 2nd generation task, or like a HOF article for non-HOF players?

Just now, dlamb said:

I'm not sure what anyone else's mindset is, but in D Lamb's last season I was mostly checked out, just ready for the next one. 5 Uncapped out of 1510 is not even relatively worth it, especially since I had too much TPA and was dumping it in DI. I'm honestly not sure what a solution is, the only reason I would've had to do it is to get a little higher in the all-time TPE leaderboard.

Sounds about the same as mine in Letang's final season. Even though he was doing well, I didn't really care about earning on him since I got to peak build pretty soon into the season and he was playing well.

Thanks for the input bud.

To be honest, I don't think I could blame you regarding the intricacy you mentioned regarding jobs because I think it's very much one of those where unless you were there, or you've been told by someone who was there when it happened, it's not evidently clear that job pay isn't a supplemental replacement. Funnily enough, the first time this was clarified, it was in an announcement by Quik back in around I wanna say Season 60 or 61 regarding there actually being a 6 TPE cap for supplementary PTs (because it actually wasn't mentioned anywhere on the forum at that time), and he initially DID include job pay in the supplemental PT TPE cap, it was only when it was pointed out that it was a bit harsh to put jobs on the same level as say a press conference that he changed his mind and excluded jobs from the cap.

I do think the league could do a better job of making that clear though, I just checked the rules and Jobs are under the banner of Other Ways To Earn Capped TPE , which is something Jobs come under, but it's sandwiched between Press Conferences and VHL.coms so someone could be excused for immediately dismissing it as a replacement for supplemental PT and, while I get what they are trying to say with the wording, I feel like there are clearer ways to say what they are trying to say. So since they come under their own rules, I'd personally have Jobs as a 10.3 in the rules rather than putting them under 10.2.

3 minutes ago, MubbleFubbles said:

it was in an announcement by Quik back in around I wanna say Season 60 or 61

Just checked back and apparently it was Season 65, I'm surprised we went that long after moving to the 12 TPE cap without a proper defined 6 TPE supplemental cap haha!

Biography task: Recap your entire career to pay for ½ of that final DF you need to get back from depreciation for one season. Have fun!

"Reporting people for being horrible on the road"

Confirmed @Spartan wants to expand cancel culture to the road. Because Karen would certainly not abuse that in any way.😅

"Updating Ideas"

I really want the user interface for claiming MS/GFX/Podcasts/.com/Press conferences to be embedded in the relevant forum subsections. If you make a GFX thread you just have the stuff you need to claim that graphic where the "poll" section of a normal post is. It would just automatically have the correct post, so no link needed. It would automatically have the right type selected, so no need for that drop down. You'd have the date of the post so you don't even really need to choose the week. For multi claims you could have that handled too in the relevant subsections. That would streamline the user experience a lot and very much limit the possibility of messing up the claim.

Doing that would also help cut down the bloat of options in the player management section. Which would be lovely if that actually had dedicated choices for a lot of the more esoteric claims. Like the player store items. Needing to do Other > "add comment" based claims when you are basically in your 1st-2nd week is adding a bit more confusion than needed to claiming your early updates. I know that when I first tried to claim it. I assumed it would be under career, since it's a once per career thing.