My Random VHL Thoughts - S82 - Part 2

Fire Tortorella

• So I'm really liking the new trivia system - the immediate feedback on getting a question right/wrong is tremendous and allows someone like me who got one of the questions wrong to use the new game recap way of earning TPE to earn an extra capped TPE. 
  • Something we'll have to think about with trivia - obviously the old way of doing trivia was basically one person per team posting results in the locker room - how do we feel about teams keeping "trivia banks" with the questions and right answers? There's almost no way you can tell me this isn't happening, and I don't know how you really enforce it at this point, but with point 1 above, just seems really over the top and against the spirit of the rules.
  • Oslo - "We don't talk about Oslo" - it's not going well. A quarter of the way through the season we're comfortably in last place and have already begun selling off our assets for future seasons. Due to last year's team not playing the backup in enough games, I only get to play 40 or 42 games this season, and I'm already at 26...so something I was looking forward to (playing in the VHLE) has been....not great.

“how do we feel about teams keeping "trivia banks" with the questions and right answers? There's almost no way you can tell me this isn't happening, and I don't know how you really enforce it at this point, but with point 1 above, just seems really over the top and against the spirit of the rules.”

Never thought about cheating until now. Trivia meta???

• Commissioner
8 minutes ago, Banackock said:

“how do we feel about teams keeping "trivia banks" with the questions and right answers? There's almost no way you can tell me this isn't happening, and I don't know how you really enforce it at this point, but with point 1 above, just seems really over the top and against the spirit of the rules.”

Never thought about cheating until now. Trivia meta???

I mean people were certainly cheating a HELL of a lot more than that before. I don’t love the idea of it but obviously I recognize that it’s certainly a possibility. All we can do is make it more of an annoyance to do which we have by randomizing it.

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, v.2 said:

If anyone needs to take the time to do that then they have absolutely zero life lol

You vastly under estimate the amount of free time some people on here have.

Sharing answers was never seen as a problem before so I don't know why it would be seen as a problem now. It's not one worth policing IMO. 

Especially since there's nothing stopping anyone from just hitting up someone else in private for their answers. We have more important things to think about than how to stop the trivia cartel.