How to Become a BoG Member 101

Spartan

The BoG seems to be a very contentious subject in the VHL - some users hold the group in high esteem (probably just the people on it), while many see it as inept and the penultimate root cause of all problems in the VHL. Most seem to think that they could do a better job at award voting or decision making than those currently on the Board, therefore I've decided to create this short guide on how to get onto the BoG.

The following is a list of how to get on- (I think that's enough words for the preview to bait and bamboozle you, welcome to random discussions about league related stuff and things):

- Congrats to Rome for their first Renaissance Cup. I think IR and Rome had been in the finals for the past three seasons and won for the first time this season. Good to see IR get the evasive cup win. Moscow next?

- On an E note, there is definitely some concern regarding the number of inactives that play prominent roles on some rosters. Some teams are definitely more egregious in these circumstances than others, and the BoG is looking to rectify this by trying to ensure more active bodies in the VHLE - therefore eliminating the need for IA's

- Moscow eliminated Malmo in the playoffs for the third straight season. I feel bad for them.

- JST has started up and there's some good stuff going on in there. Same with Pro-AM, where I will be GM'ing this season. The offseason is frequently complained about for being too dull - I think people just choose not to participate in the various activities that exist. Anyone who complains about a dull off-season and didn't sign up for the Pro-AM will get a virtual middle finger from me. Just imagine I'm flipping one at you.

Hope you know how to get onto the BoG now

The #1 tip to becoming a BoG member is to manage to simultaneously complain about and agree with literally everything that happens.

You know it's true.

7 hours ago, Spartan said:

Moscow eliminated Malmo in the playoffs for the third straight season. I feel bad for them.

Yeah… I kinda hate that tip