Payne's random thoughts and TRADES

Scurvy

Well, as the offseason starts, I find I struggle to find subjects to chat about for my much needed six points of TPE. So, I decided to mash together a bunch of random thoughts and ideas as I eagerly await my first VHL season with the deadly Warsaw Predators. 

As I type this, I was notified of some recent trades that have brought the Preds closer to a championship banner.   Dlamb @dlamb made some major moves and added defensive studs, Tui Sova @v.2, Hari Singh Nalwa @Dil, and former Marlin teammate of mine, Tavish DeGroot @rory .  With the additions of these animals one thing is glaringly obvious.  I am still the ABSOLUTE WORST player on the team!  LOL.  

But what a remarkable day for the Preds to pick up such talent just a year after missing the playoffs by one point.  Offensively the team is looking stacked and with the addition of Omi Aberg @osens and fellow Bratislava teammate of mine, Girts Galvins @Girts the Preds can run some potent offensive lines. 

Part of me is glad for the extra time during the off season so that I may max out my TPE earnings, so the Payne Train isn’t a total bum come the start of the new season.  Even with some max gains I have resigned myself that I will be a depth Dman for the next season.  Which is ok for me because wins and being a good teammate matter way more than individual stats.  All in all, great job to our GM Dlamb for putting in the work and making the Warsaw Predators a team to be dealt with in the league.

What to talk about next?  How about the upcoming draft and my shameless plug for my friend (recruiting point collector) and fellow defenseman Jake Thunder @Thunder.  He is projected to go in the top 20 in the draft and I hope that teams recognize what a talented TPE producing player he is.  Not a stat producer but a solid DMan that any team will benefit from having.  Please who ever drafts him, keep him motivated so that I continue to earn those valuable TPE points for recruitment.  

What are some other thoughts? (as I struggle for 500 words).  This is my third season, first in the VHL and I am still very excited to be a part of such a fun league.  I still feel a bit clueless at times but so far the people have been amazing and a special thanks goes out to the GMs, AGMs, teammates, and Admin for making this such a great experience.  I can’t imagine the amount of work it takes to run this league for 83 seasons with the amount of people (and personalities).  

As I begin my career in the VHL I am hopeful to remain engaged in the league and meet some new people and just have some fun.  Hopefully the Payne Train hurts some opposing players and for God’s sake I hope to get a fight someday.  Preferably against Bo Johansson @Shindigs!!!  

That’s all for now!  

7 hours ago, Scurvy said:

Preferably against Bo Johansson @Shindigs!!!  

That would be one hell of a first fight for BoJo, he's not exactly known for dropping the gloves.😅