VHLM/VHLE/VHL Policy Change Impacts Dynamite

thadthrasher

The seasons for the VHLM, the VHLE, and the VHL have all come and gone now. As the leagues start to shift their focus into the realm of S83, a few players are still celebrating a hard fought S82 season and post-season. Members of the Saskatoon Wild (VHLM), the Rome Gladiators (VHLE), and the Vancouver Wolves (VHL) are all riding the high of victory. But, as they celebrate, the league looks ahead.

Given some recent controversies around the leagues regarding training protocols, there has been an adjustment for all three leagues. For a considerable amount of time, teams were working hard at finding trainers who were elite goal scorers. They passed down their knowledge to many, but the consequence of that was a large number of players who could score goals, but never passed and could hardly skate. Among many other deficiencies at the hands of this training focus, the Board of Governors who oversee the entirety of the VHLM, VHLE, and VHL decided to implement a new rule. This new rule states that teams must not only hire 1 trainer, but trainers for every main part of the game. This way, players have more variety to their game, making the game of hockey not only more fun to play, but more fun to watch.

Feeling the effects of that change is one of the champions from the Saskatoon Wild, Napoleon Dynamite. Throughout the playoffs and regular season, there wasn’t much to be impressed about regarding Dynamite. Sure, he could shoot and rocket in some nasty goals, but that was about it. His skating was average, his defense was okay, but his hitting, discipline, and even overall awareness was lacking. Despite that, he earned his first career hat trick in Game 7 against the Houston Bulls. But, with this new rule change in place, Dynamite is going to forced to approach his training very differently.

“You know, I was freakin’ irritated at first. I thought, ‘this league is filled with a bunch of IDIOTS! Gosh!’ But, then I started to see what these freakin’ idiots were talking about and it started to make sense. While my time is up with the Wild, I did see them starting to pull in new trainers who were eager to teach the players what to do. Right now, as I wait for this freakin’ draft to hurry up and get here, I don’t have anyone helping me train. Luckily for me, a lot of the people from my home time are willing to help me learn more. I know my hunting wolverines with a freaking 12-gauge will really help me out. I’m just ready for the draft.”

On the ice, following his championship victory, Dynamite has been seen putting in even more hours. Instead of constant shooting drills, Dynamite has been working on his skating, face off ability, his toughness, and even some more passing drills. While his shooting is still something to be envied by many other players, this change in league policy is already starting to prove helpful to Dynamite. Hopefully, for Dynamite’s sake, this will help with his appeal come draft time.

---

521 words, claiming week ending 3 April 2022