VSN Presents: TPE Max Earners

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/752588448707248270/962779496480645130/MaxEarner.png

Graphic made by the wonderful @Ricer13!!

Hey guys! Welcome back to this recurring series where we take a look at the top players ever to earn over 1500 TPE in the league. 

Been a while hasn't it? I had a few claims to ride out from prior media spots, so I got in a nice long break, but now we're back and ready to continue on. As you may be able to tell, this is now a VSN series! I've been picked up by the wonderful team and get to write these for hopefully even more people to see! (It all means more of my spelling/grammar errors will be fixed, thank you Hatter!) Each part will be a little shorter now due to VSN reasons but It does make things a bit easier on me, so let's get a move on and start with the player ranked 17th!!

17: SS Hornet (McWolf) 1558 TPE

Our fourth S70 player on the list is someone who helped me learn the league and is a good friend, @McWolf 's player SS Hornet sits just 6..... I mean 7 TPE behind my player Jaxx Hextall. Had he got one more TPE we could have kept this train of six TPE differences going. Drafted 4th overall in S71 by the Las Vegas Aces in the VHLM and 1st overall in S72 by HC Davos Dynamo in the VHL, Hornet played 84 games split between Houston in S70 and Las Vegas in S71, putting up a total of 47 goals, 55 assists for 102 points. He made the postseason with both teams putting up 20 points in 20 games between the two, 17 of those points were with the Aces in 12 games. In the WC he never had an outstanding performance, with S74 being his best at 11 points, five of them goals.

SS Hornet jumped around quite a bit and twice split a season between two teams, meaning I have to do some math to figure out the numbers for that season. He reached a point per game five times during his career, with one season ending just one point shy; sadly, he never made it to 100 points. Hornet started as a mainstay for Davos for five seasons before a flurry of movement near the end of his career makes things a little more complicated.  He was traded to Vancouver part way through the fifth season, and would start next season with the Wolves before getting traded again, this time out to Toronto where he would play with Hextall. He signed as an FA with the Chicago Phoenix for his final season. His best season was in Chicago with 86 points but his split season in S76 between Davos and Vancouver was close with 83 points and a career high 48 assists. His best goal scoring season was his second last, with the Legion in S78 he scored 41 goals, one more than in S79. Overall in 574 games he scored 262 goals, had 327 assists, and got 589 points. In the five times he got to fight for the cup in the VHL playoffs S76 would be my pick for his best effort, 9 games played, 4 goals, 10 assists for 14 points. S79 was respectable with 4 goals, 11 points in 7 games. Overall 31 playoff games, 15 goals, 26 assists for 41 points.

Finally for awards we have..... well, we have the reason McWolf told me I can skip his player; his only individual award was the Christian Stolzschweiger Trophy for top rookie in season 72. Hey man, at least you got a VHL award with him, all of mine were in the M. Most TPE in a week 46.

18: Aloe Dear (Renomitsu) 1553 TPE

Our third S70's player in a row and 5 TPE down from McWolf (if only he had one more) is Aloe Dear, our youngest player so far being a S74 draftee. @Renomitsu's player was drafted 3rd overall by the Houston Bulls in S73 and in S74 the Warsaw Predators selected him first overall. Playing for the same two VHLM teams Hornet did, he played 94 regular season games in the M, scored 47 goals, 50 assists, for 97 points, 95 of those points were with Houston. Both teams he played for made the postseason, he played six games for the Aces in the playoffs but recorded no points, in 10 games with the Aces he scored 4 goals and 4 assists for 9 points. In the WC, much like Hornet he didn't have a fantastic season but did have a good to great one, depending on your expectations; in S76 he had 6 goals and 11 points.

Getting into his time in the top tier league, Dear stayed with Warsaw for most of his career, only leaving when he had two seasons left to play. Dear hit the point per game mark six times and remarkably five of those times passed 100 points, dude was a beast and you could count on him for it. His final season (S81) was his best for both points and assists, 136 points and 86 assists plus the 50 goals he scored was the second time he had reached that mark. The season prior he had achieved 51 with 108 points. I mentioned his five 100 point seasons; well, in four of those he beat the 110 point mark, S79 he got to 121 points with 44 goals, the same number of goals he had in last season but with 118 points, and the season prior 43 goals with 112 points. Overall this makes for a career with 576 games played, 329 goals scored, 455 apples, and 784 points, really a stand out career. We're not done though, as Dear made it to the post season seven times, hitting 20 points three times. S78 is arguably his best with 13 goals, 10 assists for 23 points in 17 games. In S79 he had 9 goals and 20 points in 12 games, and S81 he had 17 assists and 25 points in 18 games played, so really pick what sounds most impressive to you. He ended up playing 96 postseason games, scoring 49 goals, and had 63 helpers for 112 points.

For awards he's definitely got them as you would expect from a guy who hit 100 points five times. He helped his team to the Victory Cup in S77 and S81, the Continental Cup in S78 and S81. For personal awards he's got the Mike Szatkowski Trophy, Scotty Campbell Trophy, Alexander Beketov Trophy, and Brett Slobodzian Trophy all in season 78. Most TPE in a week 52, I don't usually go beyond this but for the last two and a half months Reno really fell off on updating, getting about 4-6 TPE a week, so Dear could have been a few spots higher on this list but hey, I understand stuff happens.

19: Lincoln Tate (Tate) 1546 TPE

@Tate's player Tate is the first under the obligatory 1550 TPE mark, still getting 1546 TPE (if only he had one more) is very impressive. From my research he was undrafted in the VHLM, likely due to the fact that everyone knew he'd be going up right away to the VHL, as the 65 games he did play in season 66 with the San Diego Marlins he scored 20 goals, 68 assists for 88 points, and in the postseason managed 5 points in 4 games. He was drafted first overall by the Riga Reign and would play there for his entire career. In the WC..... well he might be one of weakest so far in this respect, he wasn't bad or awful, just never got to a point per game, S74 was his best with 7 assists and 9 points in 10 games.

As stated above Tate never left Riga, clearly he liked it there. He only achieved a point per game three times during his career but did pass the 100 point mark in his second last season, while this may sound like he wasn't as successful he was a defensemen so it's more understandable to not hit some of the totals we've seen in this same post. 20 goals, 85 assists for 105 points, I do wanna highlight his other point per game seasons though. In his final season he almost got back to 100 with 96 points, getting 18 in the back of the net and 78 apples. Two seasons prior he netted 16 and 70 helpers for 86 points. In total 576 games played, 98 goals scored, 410 assists for 508 points. Tate got to play in the playoffs every year of his career, and if I'm being forced to choose S73 would be my pick, while he scored no goals he had 16 assists in just 9 games..... but if you prefer some goal scoring then S72 is a good choice too with 3 goals, 14 assists for 17 points in 13 games. Honorable mention to the season prior with 10 assists, 14 points in 12 games. Overall 91 games played, 19 goals scored, 59 assists for 78 points.

Tate does have a number of trophies and does indeed have one cup to his name, S72 Riga were the Continental Cup champions. Tate won the Sterling Labette Trophy in seasons 71 and 73, the Jake Wylde Trophy in seasons 71 and 74, and finally the Alexander Beketov Trophy in seasons 72 and 73. Most TPE in a week 69. (nice)

(Word count 1579)

Edited by ROOKIE745