Jardy's Nodesode #16: Booberry Too(berry) Good?

JardyB10

*LISTENER DISCRETION ADVISED*

https://anchor.fm/jardy-b/episodes/Jardys-Nodesode-16-Booberry-Tooberry-Good-e1h5asi

Today's nodular episode stays true to its purpose and clocks in at 5:41.

I spend almost the entire time marveling at how much TPE @CowboyinAmerica has earned with his lousy goaltender, and use it as a PSA for you kids to stay on top of those uncapped opportunities.

STAY TUNED UNTIL THE END FOR NEWS ON MY NEXT WEEK'S FULL LENGTH PODCAST!!!!!

Edited by JardyB10

Yeah, it's really interesting how some players can pull away by so much when they do (and do them well) the uncapped opportunities. I'd be interested at some point when I'm not busy to have a look at a top TPE player and see just how much they earned by the end of their career. 

Frightening thing about Booberry as well is he was in the first draft class of the 9 season era. He'll only play eight cause of his VHLE season, but I'll be interested to see how high he finishes in the all-time TPE leaderboard if he's already at 1000+ with six VHL seasons remaining!

Looking forward to your long podcast!

"Uncapped Magic"

There is so much out there to be had, Mubbles and I haven't played our first game in the VHL yet and we're 11th and 12th of the previous draft class without carryover TPE. Spartan was looking at TPE per week averages, Booberry is at 22.5, Bo is at 24,5(ish) and I have no idea what Mubbles is at, but I've gained on him so it should be slightly lower. Obviously both of ours will likely drop over time as our career tasks just ran out.

I've gotten 115 TPE so far in 2 seasons from Affiliate checks, Fantasy, Predictions, VHFL (missed first season), Events and Store items (ignoring the 1st gen ones). Then another 35 from donations, but that doesn't really count cause it's P2W. "Only" doing 12 a week+PF in the VHL for a "normal" 10 week season is 130 TPE, so that's very nearly a whole season's worth. Add in the donations and career tasks on top and it is significantly more than that. There's also HOF articles if one is so inclined.

Between the new longer playoff schedule, 2 TPE PF in the E, 9 season careers and this thicc off-season we're just about to finish. This generation should completely rewrite the top 25 TPE all-time leaderboards and give @ROOKIE745 new material for his MS series.😅

Lol I love it. I've purposefully been pretty low key about my earning rate, but I'm having fun with it. Honestly just getting absurd TPE and seeing what happens in a nine season career is something that pushed me to recreate in the first place, so I'm glad all of those uncapped opportunities are falling my way.

12 hours ago, MubbleFubbles said:

Frightening thing about Booberry as well is he was in the first draft class of the 9 season era. He'll only play eight cause of his VHLE season

But that also means without the extra year of regression, I'm probably looking at a 1200 TPA build for the final 4.5 seasons of my career. Which is wild. I was looking to stress test the sim a bit anyway, and the new skater attributes may be pushing that even further.

4 hours ago, Shindigs said:

This generation should completely rewrite the top 25 TPE all-time leaderboards and give @ROOKIE745 new material for his MS series.😅

All-time goalie record is 1623, think I should smash that. I don't think anybody's hitting 2k, but #3 and possibly #2 all-time is very much in play with the extended careers for everybody.