VHL League Tour: I Have Opinions

ctots

Introduction

Good afternoon VHL, welcome to a fun idea I just had this morning: a league tour! I’m going to just check out the most interesting things that are floating around the forums right now and discuss each of them. Or at least some of them, we’ll see how it goes.

Recruiting Recruitment (Re)Crew

Front and center on the home page of the forums, something that you’d think we have all seen already but which is news to me: Beketov made a post just about a week ago advertising that the recruitment team is hiring. This looks like a good opportunity for someone who has some extra time to take on some extra responsibility in exchange for sweet, sweet TPE.

Preseason is Happening

VHL - With most teams sitting at five games played, the D.C. Dragons hold a single-point lead in the NA Conference - go Dragons! In the European Conference, Moscow is showing the league that they mean business, they’ve gone undefeated in their five games thus far. On the other side of the coin, we find the Malmo Nighthawks in the worst position in the VHL who are still in the hunt for their first win of the preseason.

VHLE - Preseason games haven’t begun for the VHLE quite yet, but I have it on good authority that they’ll be kicking off soon. I’ve been told that this is an intentional PR move, and that the league is, “saving the best for last.”

VHLM - My former team, the Ottawa Lynx, are absolutely tearing it up right now. They’re currently leading the Eastern Conference and the M overall with a record of 5-1-0, but there are several teams breathing down their neck. In the Western Conference, all five teams still seem to be looking to hit their stride for now. The Las Vegas Aces are leading the conference with a record of 3-1-2, which should tell you how contentious the VHLM is going to be. The longshot team for the season appears to be the Mexico City Kings, but nothing is certain!

Contract Money Probably

I got a notification that a finance update was approved, so I assume that means my contract payment for the season came in. Yours probably did too, so spend that money! Or don’t? I really don’t know what I’m supposed to be doing with league money at this point. Probably saving it for when Baxter starts to get old I guess?

VHL.com Graphics Are Good

Just taking a look through some of the graphics for the supplemental point tasks and dang, you guys really make it fun to browse through there. I feel like the VHL.com graphics section specifically gets a bit more variety than the graphics point task section does, and that’s super refreshing. I never really know what I’m going to get, and that’s half the fun.

A Plea for Podcasts

There are a precious few sweet souls who keep the podcast/VHL Radio sections afloat. I have a lot of time to listen to podcasts during the week, and every one of you nerds should be recording some audio content for TPE. I’m guilty of this too, I need to podcast more. What we should all do is just totally steal a page from the book of Tate, who has a podcast question thread in the Player Press Conferences section. It would be a lot easier to talk for fifteen minutes straight for me if I had a few prompt questions to work from, maybe it would work for you too! Five minutes for 3 TPE? It’s a steal.

Conclusion

Here are your important takeaway bullet points for the week:

• Consider joining the recruitment crew
  • D.C. is the best (unbiased opinion)
  • Make a dang podcast already

Thanks for reading, friends! See you next time.

I was told that the only perk of the job was that we get to have opinions. They get disregarded with everyone else's, but we still get to have them.

13 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

Be careful what you wish for.

Yes please! I heard tell on a nodesode that there may be a guest coming up on your next podcast - hopefully you've gotten the hooks of addiction deep enough in them that they continue indefinitely.

13 hours ago, ctots said:

Probably saving it for when Baxter starts to get old I guess?

This used to be the case, now it looks like we'll be spamming as many 4x5 Uncapped TPE Packages as we can afford while (if sane) still saving up enough money to use the 12m % depreciation fighter for your last depreciation hit. Basically means you still won't have to do anything with your money (besides the two 1st gen purchases) until you hit the VHL proper.

It would be a lot easier to talk for fifteen minutes straight for me if I had a few prompt questions to work from

Just make a question thread like all the cool kids then, and link it shamelessly in every podcast and/or your sig. I'll probably toss some questions in there.

Make a dang podcast already

NO U!

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, Shindigs said:

Just make a question thread like all the cool kids then, and link it shamelessly in every podcast and/or your sig. I'll probably toss some questions in there.

Fun fact: despite the majority of people not using it this way, asking someone questions for a podcast can be claimed as PC questions. That has been the case since PC’s were introduced, most people just don’t utilize it.

6 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Fun fact: despite the majority of people not using it this way asking someone questions for a podcast can be claimed as PC questions. That has been the case since PC’s were introduced, most people just don’t utilize it.

Yeah, I used to do it for Mubbles and Jardy as my PC for the week. As they'd always have the thread up, even if the team I was on didn't have their presser up yet.