''dtjtejtejtejtehtjehtejthejtehjteh'' - hit my face against the keyboard or some kind of code? Or can it be both?

jRuutu

1460005.jpg?imageId=1460005&width=480&he

In a recent article ,  VHL GM speculated about cap trouble. They mentioned that quite a few teams might end up trading solid players for cheap as there might not be enough space under the cap. One of the biggest reasons behind the implied cap trouble is the depreciation. The new attribute system has resulted in the 3%/5%/7% depreciation hits feeling less severe. It is easy to see why. If you compare the player you had last season to the player you had at the start of this season, even with earning TPE between you now have ''less'' of a player. For example, I have 4 attributes over 85 now (88,88,87,86). During last season and with the old system I had two 99s, two 95s, and one 92. If you take 3% off 88, that is a lot less TPE than 3% taken from 99. To get attribute x from 85 back to 88 takes 15 TPE, to get attribute from 96 to 99 takes 30 TPE. I'm not sure if it goes like that with the new attribute system, but you lose less TPE now, that is perhaps correct?

If you look at the S79 players, I believe they are the ones getting hit with depreciation during the next off-season for the first time. Very few are banking TPE. That is odd. In the past and even with the 3% depreciation hit you have seen players save up TPE. It has been worth it. I'm sure not everybody has done it, but certainly, there have been quite a few among the highest-earning players that have a nice chunk of TPE saved up. Now? There are only a few.

Once again information is being spread around behind the closed doors. Lack of banked TPE also suggests that nothing is going to happen during this off-season. Several well-known users among those S79 players. You can be sure that they are not going to get destroyed by tougher depreciation without any banked TPE, so nothing is going to happen during the upcoming off-season.

If there ends up being cap trouble around the league, and you are looking at the possibility of getting traded from a team that could win something to a team that might not win anytime soon, what can you do?

Retire and then un-retire.

The max you can shave off is 30%, that is with un-retiring 7 days after you have retired. For example, I have 989 TPE now. If I retire and un-retire 7 days later, my TPE total is 693. That is 3.5m cap hit, a whopping 2m less. Defender with 700ish TPE puts my player around the top-20 category among all defenders in this league. I could be more than fine. I could keep shoveling TPE into my player without having to worry about depreciation as much.

You could perhaps even do it twice? If you keep earning TPE at a nice rate you might find yourself in a situation, where you could lose 10 or 15% of your TPE on top of the depreciation. Do it again! Sure, your individual numbers might take a hit during the process, but you could be closer to winning a championship.

Edited by jRuutu

• jRuutu changed the title to ''dtjtejtejtejtehtjehtejthejtehjteh'' - hit my face against the keyboard or some kind of code? Or can it be both?
  • Commissioner
15 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

Several well-known users among those S79 players. You can be sure that they are not going to get destroyed by tougher depreciation without any banked TPE, so nothing is going to happen during the upcoming off-season.

Or we run goalies who need insane TPA amounts and honestly forgot that it’s depreciation season.

There’s really no “insider conspiracy” going on.

58 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Or we run goalies who need insane TPA amounts and honestly forgot that it’s depreciation season.

There’s really no “insider conspiracy” going on.

No insider conspiracy?

ovNvRfa.png

• Commissioner
3 hours ago, Spartan said:

BEK WHAT

I forgot how old I was getting. I’ll be fine. I’m only planning on 10 TPA more anyway and first depreciation doesn’t hit hard.