Nico Pearce Sig

It's not actually a sig in the wrong subforum this week, sorry Spartan.

VHL/M Stuff of the Week

So what's happening in the VHL this week, probably a bunch of stuff? There's more fantasy stuff going on than you can throw a stick at, with the NHL Playoff Bracket going up. ngl, I've basically not watched NHL hockey outside of binge watching Canucks game recaps to catch up the other week this year. So I was kinda going off what I felt about teams around November/December for that stuff. Cause really who knows wtf will happen in the NHL playoffs anyways? Isn't the cup prediction basically always wrong, cause it's just pure chaos with which team get what injuries playing a massive part in who actually wins. Then add good old goalie things on top and it's just all over the place.

Chicago doing Chicago Things

So the union of #TeamClue has been going great. If you told me Bo would be in the top 4 for Dmen points for the entirety of preseason as well as the first 25 games of the season, I would not have believed you. In fact I had someone incredibly mid as my ROTY pick in predictions (Ronan Lavelle @Arce) which so far is looking like a questionable choice. Really though my though process was that our lack of a full first line would be an issue and that both me and @MubbleFubbles, as sweaty as we are when it comes to TPE earning, just wouldn't be enough to hit critical mass. I was clearly wrong on that front, but knowing which players will actually have synergy in STHS feels like it's just random at times. Logically having Bo, a skating pass focused Dman on a line with 2 shoot first forwards and 1 shoot first Dman should work. But then we also have a bot on that line, which just doesn't seem to matter.

The other thing about "logical" lineups in STHS being that it just doesn't matter sometimes, we had lines that should have been awesome on paper in Bratislava last season. But no matter what we did, we could only make the completely illogical double pass first 2nd line with a low TPE IA on their wing actually score. Whereas the stacked line just refused to perform, no matter how we twisted and turned it. So with all that in recent memory I wasn't getting my hopes up about what Bo would be able to do in the VHL. He is a sub 600 TPE rookie after all, he shouldn't be great. So it's safe to say any and all expectations have already been shattered at this point, but I'm still just assuming that it'll slow down at some point. Maybe if the Bears keep shutting us out, it'll actually happen. But for now it's been quite consistent, so that's nice? I just wish we could play Calgary every game, I think Bo is averaging something like 3 PPG against them. Turning that derphorse into Clue Glue™ perhaps?

Vegas actually losing games

Knew this was bound to start happening at some point, especially with @Frank trading for every single player in the VHLM over the last week or so. But really we just had a super lax schedule to start the season, and we're now in the "play contenders on repeat" section of our schedule. Overall though outside that one game where we spent almost a full period on the PK against SDM we've been playing very well. Some unfortunate puck luck leading to 1 goal losses in games where we outshot has made us drop more points than we perhaps should. But overall we're performing miles above my expectations. Our team is good, but it's not .95% PCT levels of disgusting. But that was the record we started off with, and that does set certain expectations for the rest of the season. Overall though we are having very nice growth in our players, a nice and active LR with good banter and that's really what I truly care about. Winning is just a bonus on top of that.

690 words (nice!)

2 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

420 would have been nicer (or 420 + 69)... anyway Spartan will hate you for the click baity title... but I guess that was the intention...

Have you see his .com titles?😅

21 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

Have you see his .com titles?😅

Cannot say that I have. He does .coms? I thought he had so many titles/jobs that he does not know which ones to claim to get the dirty dozen full...

12 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

Cannot say that I have. He does .coms? I thought he had so many titles/jobs that he does not know which ones to claim to get the dirty dozen full...

He does 10 job pay with a .com some weeks. It's kinda random.

Review:

This is an interesting piece. I like the idea, and there's some cool things in here. I think the wavey text borders are really cool. The player name text is also interesting and looks cool. The render text is a cool effect, but I think there's a bit of overkill around the eyes. The overall look kinda says grungey, sharp, hardened look, but the edges are very soft. The softness on the two sides kinda makes it feel like there's two lightsources coming from each side, but then its like there's a light source hitting the left side of the render's face. I almost think if you just kept the edges pitch black it might look better; just an idea though, I could be wrong lol. 9/10

58 minutes ago, OrbitingDeath said:

Review:

This is an interesting piece. I like the idea, and there's some cool things in here. I think the wavey text borders are really cool. The player name text is also interesting and looks cool. The render text is a cool effect, but I think there's a bit of overkill around the eyes. The overall look kinda says grungey, sharp, hardened look, but the edges are very soft. The softness on the two sides kinda makes it feel like there's two lightsources coming from each side, but then its like there's a light source hitting the left side of the render's face. I almost think if you just kept the edges pitch black it might look better; just an idea though, I could be wrong lol. 9/10

Thanks for the feedback, but what I really wanted to know is if you could read the player name or not? If you can't I'd prefer of you could dock at least 3 points.

1 hour ago, Arce said:

go away horror GIF

You know how to make it stop.

You're a sick fuck, playing with me like that.

4 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

Yeah I try to do one weekly, either to finish my cap with it if I claim 10 job pay, or for other leagues as affiliate tasks.

25 minutes ago, Spartan said:

You're a sick fuck, playing with me like that.

Yeah I try to do one weekly, either to finish my cap with it if I claim 10 job pay, or for other leagues as affiliate tasks.

ah that makes sense...

Review:   As per usual you are a very articulate and write very well written posts with proper grammar and attention to the details.  I really like how you covered all the leagues you are involved in with thought out updates.  The fonts are great to keep the players/teams separate and bolded.  I wouldn't have minded a patented picture included in the post, preferably one of Brian Payne but nobody is perfect.   As usual a fantastic post.  9/10