Moscow Shoutouts

Spartan

For the first time since S76, the last season Moscow was run by Victor, the Menace are in pole position for the Victory Cup - awarded to the team with the most regular season points. During my time on the Menace as a player, the team won two Victory Cups, which was a slight consolation prize to not winning the Continental Cup at the time. It'd be the first Victory Cup win for Moscow under my tenure if this performance continues, but credit has to go to a bunch of underrated folks who deserve some shoutouts:

1. Jan Hlozek - @Bojovnik

17G | 44A | 61P | +33 | 76 Hits | 89 SB | 4 GWG

Hollywood Hlozek as he used to be called during his run-up to the S77 VHL Draft has really turned on the jets this season, already on track for a career season at a 1.3 PPG pace. Hlozek came to Moscow in a FA rights trade from LA before FA opened, as Moscow wanted to take a flier on a veteran defender who had just come off three seasons in a row of 72 points or higher. With the changes to the meta and attributes, I didn't expect Hlozek to explode as he has this season, but he's 2nd on Moscow in points and 5th in the entire league in defenseman scoring.

2. Sergey Preobrazhensky - @Bulduray_1

24G | 36A | 60P | +40 | 15 Hits | 15 SB | 8 GWG

Sergey has taken a massive step forward as a sophomore, completely avoiding the expected sophomore slump that many players experience. Instead in more than 25 fewer games, Sergey has already exceeded his point total from his rookie season, and has career highs in both goals and assists. Moving from wing to center hasn't impeded him at all, and he's really embraced his role as a second line center. I've always liked to run two solid centers, and Sergey has really stepped up as a leader on the second unit alongside Henri le Massif and Kyosti Karjalainen, a fellow sophomore. An anchor on the second line, it clearly won't be long until he makes the jump to first line center, or even better - anchor for the entire team!

3. Leroy Johnson - @Vkobe-v

7 starts | 7 wins | 0 losses | 0.925 SV% | 1.91 GAA

Many times when teams play their backup goalies, they figure they'll drop a couple games simply because most backup goalies are bots. Leroy is the reason why teams should really carry a human backup goalie, as he already has 7 wins this season and has a career record of 22-4-0 thus far with a 0.920 SV% and a 2.65 GAA. It is difficult to maintain an active user backup goalie, as you'd expect them to become too expensive to carry, or that they'd need to become a starter. Kobe has been the most selfless player on Moscow since I became the GM, as he's declined opportunities to start for other teams and cut off his earning at 400 TPE to ensure that he'd fall under the $2 million backup goalie cap hit removal rule. Thank you for everything Kobe, and we're very fortunate to have you ❤️

2 hours ago, Spartan said:

3. Leroy Johnson - @Vkobe-v

7 starts | 7 wins | 0 losses | 0.925 SV% | 1.91 GAA

Many times when teams play their backup goalies, they figure they'll drop a couple games simply because most backup goalies are bots. Leroy is the reason why teams should really carry a human backup goalie, as he already has 7 wins this season and has a career record of 22-4-0 thus far with a 0.920 SV% and a 2.65 GAA. It is difficult to maintain an active user backup goalie, as you'd expect them to become too expensive to carry, or that they'd need to become a starter. Kobe has been the most selfless player on Moscow since I became the GM, as he's declined opportunities to start for other teams and cut off his earning at 400 TPE to ensure that he'd fall under the $2 million backup goalie cap hit removal rule. Thank you for everything Kobe, and we're very fortunate to have you ❤️

😊