Theme Member

Steve

OK, so I have to say that I did a double take when I looked at this image.  At first, I wasn't to sure how I felt about it due to its heavily religious connotation.  I like the overall feel for the piece, jus as I would have done with the original.  Again, a lot of what I feel is due to the subject matter and how I react to it.  It really like your adaptation to hockey, though.  The inclusion of the Seattle Bears logo, the hockey stick and the puck really give it an interesting twist.  This one is really hard to evaluate, so I am gonna pass on the part except to say that I did like it quite a bit.

3 hours ago, Eynhallow said:

OK, so I have to say that I did a double take when I looked at this image.  At first, I wasn't to sure how I felt about it due to its heavily religious connotation.  I like the overall feel for the piece, jus as I would have done with the original.  Again, a lot of what I feel is due to the subject matter and how I react to it.  It really like your adaptation to hockey, though.  The inclusion of the Seattle Bears logo, the hockey stick and the puck really give it an interesting twist.  This one is really hard to evaluate, so I am gonna pass on the part except to say that I did like it quite a bit.

I appreciate your comment. Let me clear up a few points. This is a photo manipulation that took many hours to construct. I made everything you see from common stock. It has a religious undertone to it but that was to depict the level of admiration for the person I made this for. I didn't just find a picture and add a stick, logo and puck. Thanks again for your comment @Eynhallow

14 hours ago, Steve said:

I appreciate your comment. Let me clear up a few points. This is a photo manipulation that took many hours to construct. I made everything you see from common stock. It has a religious undertone to it but that was to depict the level of admiration for the person I made this for. I didn't just find a picture and add a stick, logo and puck. Thanks again for your comment @Eynhallow

Please don't let me be misunderstood.  I think your graphic is really very good.  Perhaps my choice of words (i.e. "original") was not well considered.  The image of JC, and His pose (Sermon on the Mount), is quite common in Christian statuary....that is what I meant by "original".  Whether or not I am a Christian does not detract in any way from what you are trying to do here.  I think that any time a person creates a really good piece of art, especially one with religious content, there will be some reaction to it.  As we all know, religion and politics seem to bring something else out of all of us.  In any event, there was absolutely no disrespect intended.  Keep up the fine work.

@Steve

Edited by Eynhallow