2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

the bruins being undisciplined isn't new though. If they keep some McQuaids and some Marchands in their team, they are the only one to blame. Playing against a quick team like the habs or the lightning, they will get caught 

the NHL discussion is filled by habs fans and nucks fans, 2 of the biggest fan base of the NHL. Of course you'll find some comments about the ref. I don't think I blame the refs this year though. Thats not how I deal with it.

Personally I try as much as possible not to use the 'reffing sucks' argument, but there have been nights where the reffing legitimately stunk. (Wasn't there an icing call on a PK during the San Jose vs. Canucks game? That was hilariously awful.)

Edited by RMiner57

Personally I try as much as possible not to use the 'reffing sucks' argument, but there have been nights where the reffing legitimately stunk. (Wasn't there an icing call on a PK during the San Jose vs. Canucks game? That was hilariously awful.)

There was also that hit to the head of Emelin that Burrows got suspended for that was uncalled during the play which immediately led to a Canucks goal.

Referees are human. They're going to make mistakes, just like the rest of us. A referee can call a perfect game up until he makes one mistake, and then they get shit on.

I admit I'm a pretty big ref apologist, but I think it's one of those things where no on realizes how difficult it actually is until you actually do it.

It wasn't on a PK, but Couture was basically crawling back to get the puck and the linesman still called it to make up for the offside call they blew a few seconds earlier.

Right, my bad. I mixed it with my scarring memory of a PK icing call at my minor league game. But for the most part, as a Canucks fan there hasn't been a whole lot to complain about reffing-wise and otherwise.

What a joke. But really they really didn't play very well tonight. Getting shutout by Devan Dubnyk? I mean come on...

Floodgates don't open if they make the right call there. Canucks may still lose, but Hanzal doesn't have a hat trick and the Canucks aren't DOA come the third.