2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Bjugstad locked up for 6 years

Also, anyone know when Horvat might be getting more minutes? I think i'll be watching their games a little more with Hunter and Jake coming through the system.

Edited by Boomcheck

Bjugstad locked up for 6 years

Also, anyone know when Horvat might be getting more minutes? I think i'll be watching their games a little more with Hunter and Jake coming through the system.

He's getting 10-12 minutes a night, some nights he gets 14-15. It's probably gonna stay that way most of the season since Willie wants to roll all four lines.

What a horrible penalty call. Hawks just got screwed over in the Winter Classic

I agree it was an awful penalty call, but let's not pretend the ride into the boards play by Nisky into Shaw was a penalty either. Shaw got away with like several things tonight as well, including a trip/interference on MoJo in the neutral zone. 

Also Hawks had a 5 on 3 in the second and couldn't convert. Nobody to blame but themselves. Caps out played the Hawks in that third imo and earned a win. 

Please can we have new teams in the winter classic. 

Agreed. It's either Flyers, Rangers, Penguins, Blackhawks, Capitals, Habs, Leafs, Oilers or Red Wings it seems. There are more teams in the league. I don't mean outdoor games either, I mean the winter classic. Because the other outdoor games are overkill. They should run it one game a year.

I agree it was an awful penalty call, but let's not pretend the ride into the boards play by Nisky into Shaw was a penalty either. Shaw got away with like several things tonight as well, including a trip/interference on MoJo in the neutral zone. 

Also Hawks had a 5 on 3 in the second and couldn't convert. Nobody to blame but themselves. Caps out played the Hawks in that third imo and earned a win. 

It may have been, but it's 3 minutes left and they call that trashy call? Toews barely touched the defender with his stick and they called it hooking. One of the ones Caps fans want Shaw to be penalized for was an interference call, but the play had been blown dead on an offside. They earned a split, the refs gave them the home team power play at the end, no denying that.

the habs played the first heritage classic and played another one in CGY

it's not like they were "on the scene" like most of the other team you just named (except for EDM)

Edited by boubabi

the habs played the first heritage classic and played another one in CGY

it's not like they were "on the scene" like most of the other team you just named (except for EDM)

Playing in two is actually a lot considering there are 30 teams. So yeah they are "on the scene".

they initiate the outside games with the first heritage classic, but the heritage classic sucks overall and the one they played in CGY sucked too. They never played in a winter classic compared to all those other team. But anyway, the winter classic is more for the Americans then us (Canadians). (no bitching, just a fact)

they initiate the outside games with the first heritage classic, but the heritage classic sucks overall and the one they played in CGY sucked too. They never played in a winter classic compared to all those other team. But anyway, the winter classic is more for the Americans then us (Canadians). (no bitching, just a fact)

Confusion because one Heritage Classic and Winter Classic are two different things. I lump them together because of the amount of times the Heritage has been played. My point still stands though, the same teams all the time. They need to switch it up. Habs played twice and I get the whole "Vintage" feel but when teams like the Caps play in them they are anything but classic. I just think they need to switch it up.

Crawford needs to take a seat.  He's been horrible since coming back from injury.  I agree that officiating overall was not the reason we lost.  Would have been nice if they didn't totally fuck us over in the last minute of the game though and at least got a point out of it.

It may have been, but it's 3 minutes left and they call that trashy call? Toews barely touched the defender with his stick and they called it hooking. One of the ones Caps fans want Shaw to be penalized for was an interference call, but the play had been blown dead on an offside. They earned a split, the refs gave them the home team power play at the end, no denying that.

This.

Also - don't watch the Caps too often, but do they always target the numbers on the back of the jersey as a good spot to hit the opposition?  Thanks in advance.

Edited by CoachReilly

This.

Also - don't watch the Caps too often, but do they always target the numbers on the back of the jersey as a good spot to hit the opposition?  Thanks in advance.

Coach, they have Brooks Opik on their team. Enough said.

Edited by Kendrick

Confusion because one Heritage Classic and Winter Classic are two different things. I lump them together because of the amount of times the Heritage has been played. My point still stands though, the same teams all the time. They need to switch it up. Habs played twice and I get the whole "Vintage" feel but when teams like the Caps play in them they are anything but classic. I just think they need to switch it up.

They some kind of a rivalry to make it count. The blues vs like the wild could be a good matchup. But they seem to like the eastern team a little bit more for this kind of event (the Winter Classic)

The Bruins were rumored to receive the next Winter Classic. We don't know which team they will receive, it might be the Habs this time, which will make a lot of sense.

Makes sense rivalry wise sure. But they do cut off an avenue of viewers on TV by making it the same teams every odd year. What I'm saying (as if I didn't say it enough) is that we need new teams in them, broaden the market up a bit. Jets are supposed to get one I think, why not match them up against Coyotes in Winnipeg (could be fun seeing that). Why not Devils vs. Canes? Tampa vs. Columbus at Ohio State?

Makes sense rivalry wise sure. But they do cut off an avenue of viewers on TV by making it the same teams every odd year. What I'm saying (as if I didn't say it enough) is that we need new teams in them, broaden the market up a bit. Jets are supposed to get one I think, why not match them up against Coyotes in Winnipeg (could be fun seeing that). Why not Devils vs. Canes? Tampa vs. Columbus at Ohio State?

I don't see a Devils/Canes matchup happening at all. Most stopped caring about the Devils as soon as they weren't Cup winners. Hell, they went to the finals a few years ago and had loaded stadiums but the very next season it was back to empty seats.

Carolina has great fans but their team has been crap for years now and they've lost many of them.

From a money standpoint, the NHL probably doesn't want those teams going against each other. Maybe one of them against a bigger team but not together.

Devils were in an outside game last year though.

Edited by DollarAndADream