2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

The back story on Higgins in the past is that he gets streaky and then goes quiet. That's how it was in Montreal, Florida and New York.

I'm aware that's the story on Higgins, but he's effectively been replaced in the bottom six so it's top six or bust, and he's not producing enough to stay in the top six. Hell he's not doing anything enough, usually when he isn't scoring he's at least noticeable in other facets of the game.

I'm aware that's the story on Higgins, but he's effectively been replaced in the bottom six so it's top six or bust, and he's not producing enough to stay in the top six. Hell he's not doing anything enough, usually when he isn't scoring he's at least noticeable in other facets of the game.

I wouldn't say that, when he isn't scoring I don't think I've ever noticed him outside of turning the puck over. Way too excusable by Canucks fans who still have a fascination with Kassian being a Top 6 guy.

I wouldn't say that, when he isn't scoring I don't think I've ever noticed him outside of turning the puck over. Way too excusable by Canucks fans who still have a fascination with Kassian being a Top 6 guy.

Eh... Higgins usually skates well enough and is noticeable on the PK. I don't think he's even on the PK anymore...

Kassian drives play for shitty linemates on a regular basis. Though unless he figures out the offensive side of the game, he's just going to be a less consistent (and less injury prone) David Booth. Plus, as long as Matthias continues to play well the whole "driving play for shitty teammates aka Richardson" isn't as important. The reason people are interested in Kassian is because he's young and has the tools to be something very interesting -- he's shown flashes of it. The problem is it's becoming increasingly likely that the guy just can't put it together.

Eh... Higgins usually skates well enough and is noticeable on the PK. I don't think he's even on the PK anymore...

Kassian drives play for shitty linemates on a regular basis. Though unless he figures out the offensive side of the game, he's just going to be a less consistent (and less injury prone) David Booth. Plus, as long as Matthias continues to play well the whole "driving play for shitty teammates aka Richardson" isn't as important. The reason people are interested in Kassian is because he's young and has the tools to be something very interesting -- he's shown flashes of it. The problem is it's becoming increasingly likely that the guy just can't put it together.

Yes but even when he was with the Sedins he was lost, those are pretty good line mates. The problem with Kassian is that he is too worried about everything except driving the net. He is a big body who at times shies away from driving the net. He takes poor penalties when he doesn't need too and he just reminds me of a 20+ year old man who dropped out of school when he was 14, he has no direction and lacks focus to achieve anything greater than he is currently. I say he tops out at a Bottom 9 forward and only averages 25 points a year for the rest of his career. People in Vancouver want a Bertuzzi like player, he isn't it.

Yeah, people wants a Bertuzzi or a Lucic in Vancouver, I don't see Kassian being that answer.

Not to mention Bertuzzi was somewhat of a rare breed. Yes he was a power forward but he had some of the most gifted hands of a guy that size. That's a hard shell to duplicate

I mean, if they want a Bertuzzi ... Detroit has one, they can trade for him. It's like the same thing, right? ... Right?!

Canucks are doing well so far imo and they prolly make the playoffs.

Anyone think Jagr gets traded at the deadline?

I mean, if they want a Bertuzzi ... Detroit has one, they can trade for him. It's like the same thing, right? ... Right?!

Anyone think Jagr gets traded at the deadline?

I get the joke, it would work better if Bertuzzi was actually on Detroit though haha

I don't think Jagr gets traded, but if he does he won't do as well. Elliott Friedman had a good point about Jagr. At his age he is surprisingly better by himself as the main guy. When he gets placed with other contributors he tends to go down a bit in production.

Probably. And they'll be bounced in round 1. I just look at the roster and way they've been trending since December 1st and I'm looking to the future, this season just seems to be about fielding a somewhat competitive team to 1) appease the fanbase and 2) evaluate the old core. I'm more interested in seeing how the young guys develop and if they can turn into legit NHLers more than anything.

Think Selanne makes the HHOF?

Absolutely.

And will Evander Kane ever pot 30 again.

Nope.

Edited by Sandro

What bias homer commentators in Anaheim. That was clearly a completely legal check. Warranted no response other than to try and get your team rallied up/stick up for a teamate by Getz. 

I admire it, but a poor idea haha. Big Buff is a big customer