2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

It's like the Canucks have never seen a forecheck before. They can't fucking make a pass out of their own end to save their lives.

Canucks downfall this season: Saying they need to stay disciplined but then coming out every game and taking an early penalty. They are letting a team of kids get under their skin. Which is why the Canucks need to invest in youth for the future, they build together.

Canucks downfall this season: Saying they need to stay disciplined but then coming out every game and taking an early penalty. They are letting a team of kids get under their skin. Which is why the Canucks need to invest in youth for the future, they build together.

More like the Canucks downfall for the last decade. It's the same old story. The offense dries up, the defense is old and slow, they take stupid penalties all game, and then the Sedins/goalie take the blame for everyone else's mistakes. I've already written up my off-season armchair GM proposal for this team.

More like the Canucks downfall for the last decade. It's the same old story. The offense dries up, the defense is old and slow, they take stupid penalties all game, and then the Sedins/goalie take the blame for everyone else's mistakes. I've already written up my off-season armchair GM proposal for this team.

Well see I'd agree there but you had that ready a week ago, or you didn't, or you did. I'm not sure it changes everyday like I've said. Team of destiny one day, team of re-tooling the next, then team of destiny.

Well see I'd agree there but you had that ready a week ago, or you didn't, or you did. I'm not sure it changes everyday like I've said. Team of destiny one day, team of re-tooling the next, then team of destiny.

Had what ready? My armchair GM nonsense? I actually only wrote it yesterday.

Not once have I called this a "team of destiny" so quit exaggerating shit. They're retooling, but they're supposed to be competitive. Not get run out of the building by the Calgary fucking Flames.

Edited by Sandro

Had what ready? My armchair GM nonsense? I actually only wrote it yesterday.

Not once have I called this a "team of destiny" so quit exaggerating shit. They're retooling, but they're supposed to be competitive. Not get run out of the building by the Calgary fucking Flames.

Why not? Calgary is no slouch. They were one of only a handful of teams that squeaked into the playoffs with momentum. Momentum is everything in this league (i.e. LA Kings #8 seed) and every league (i.e. Packers Super Bowl). I'm not sure why people are getting so surprised. If you guys are surprised that Calgary is beating this team even though you complain about all the players on the Canucks being shitty or what not, then you are disrespecting all other rosters who perform better than the Canucks, but don't have the record. The Canucks have washed up players, thats the makeup of their team right now. So don't act surprised.

What? Just because the Canucks are in a re-tool does not mean they should lose to a fucking rebuilding team. Miller, Vrbata, and the Sedins are all stil "elite" players in the league. Miller would of easily finished with 30+ wins if he didnt get injured, Vrbata is a 30+ goal scorer and the Sedins are both top twenty in the NHL for points.

Washed up? No thanks and if you are saying a Hamhuis or a Bieksa is washed up. Bieksa was not a top prospect and has always been a top four defensemen that played a gritty game, he has played the same as he always has. Hamhuis? Sure he is not playing to where he was when he first signed with the Canucks but he is still a top pairing defensemen. 

Jesus. All the hate for the Canucks.

What? Just because the Canucks are in a re-tool does not mean they should lose to a fucking rebuilding team. Miller, Vrbata, and the Sedins are all stil "elite" players in the league. Miller would of easily finished with 30+ wins if he didnt get injured, Vrbata is a 30+ goal scorer and the Sedins are both top twenty in the NHL for points.

Washed up? No thanks and if you are saying a Hamhuis or a Bieksa is washed up. Bieksa was not a top prospect and has always been a top four defensemen that played a gritty game, he has played the same as he always has. Hamhuis? Sure he is not playing to where he was when he first signed with the Canucks but he is still a top pairing defensemen. 

Jesus. All the hate for the Canucks.

The Flames are not a rebuilding team. They are a team that is coming out of a re-build with youngsters, big difference.

It's funny you guy listed Bieksa and Hamhuis, I never named anyone...That shows where the Canucks fans minds are when I say "Washed Up". 

This isn't hate you guys, you need to differentiate the two. This is an observation. You break them down one night and then the next night you praise them like gods. It just so happens that when you call them nut jobs one night, those comments don't go away. It's such a fickle way of looking at things. When I lived in New Jersey, people called a spade a spade and never changed their mind until 2 years past and they ate their words. Sergei Brylin, good Devil...awful hockey player. That's just way the things went. None of this, OMG Nick Bonino is so goof for Higginsssssss. Then the next night, "where is this guy? Why does he suck?". Access the team, but don't change your opinion every hour, it just proves what type of fanbase they have been called in the past.

Christ, the Canucks do not know how to successfully break out. Sbisa turned it over but I didn't see any of the three forwards in the Canucks zone. There's no fucking support. Desjardins needs to get his shit together and change the system.

Canucks fans do that all the time, but every fan base I've read their own message boards from time to time and it's all the same. It's not just the Canucks fans.

Bonino's been alright, but not the huge expectations everyone expected of him as the Kesler replacement.

Higgins has been one of the most consistent Canucks players in the past few years, at least effort-wise. He hasn't had the finish that he used to in awhile.

Sbisa has been off and on. One game he destroys guys with hits and plays great defensively, the next he isn't being that physical and commits turnovers.

This same cast of core players have been around for awhile though. I'm not sure the core of Sedins, Burrows, Higgins, Hansen, etc can do it.

That was basically what I expected out of the next few years though. This team is only getting older, and it's not like they're going to trade the Sedins, so Benning is going to try and build around them and see if they can get a couple more cracks at a cup.