2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Here is an example:

Someone says David Clarkson was a gem while he is playing for the Devils.

>He goes to the Maple Leafs

>>He sucks with the Maple Leafs

>>>Leafs fan calls out Devils fan for saying Clarkson was a gem

>>>>Leafs fan fails to see that the Devils fans comments were when he played for the Devils.

Toronto is a shithole for any player (no offense to leaf fans)

I'm pretty confident that Weise play have stayed the same but you were judging him on a role he wasn't supposed to play (a fighter and a grinder) 

Oh this isn't even fun anymore. You will nit pick the point regardless. No he didn't stay the same, he was quoted as being a guy who liked the fighting and energy role while in an interview at rinkside. Keeping dragging the dead horse though without noticing what I said.

He still fight, but fighting is useless in the NHL. How many fights there was in the playoffs ? None. The game is evolving, and dropping the glove for no reason (liek Prust always do) is unnecessary. And your definition of "energy role" might be wrong because that is totally what he brings. A fast skater that completes his checks and battling in the corners, that's how he plays.  

Everyone knows that, still my point is there.

No it isn't. Clarkson had 1 good season and the leaf fans and media expected him to do the same in toronto. It's like for Steve Bernier with his 16 goals last season. If you expect him to have that again, you'll have a bad time.

He still fight, but fighting is useless in the NHL. How many fights there was in the playoffs ? None. The game is evolving, and dropping the glove for no reason (liek Prust always do) is unnecessary. And your definition of "energy role" might be wrong because that is totally what he brings. A fast skater that completes his checks and battling in the corners, that's how he plays.  

I don't think you are reading or understanding what I'm saying. I'm saying he said himself he was a fighting energy guy (as in he goes out hits and makes it hard on opponents) which he wasn't doing in Vancouver even though he said that.

Boubabi, I'm going to explain this. What I said was about his game in Vancouver, what he shows in Montreal is hardly what he was doing in Vancouver. He plays with energy and speed in Montreal. In Vancouver he won the fastest skater in the skills competition but we never saw that in a game. Vancouver and Montreal is night and day to what he seems to be providing Montreal currently. That is what I am saying. I never said he was never going to be a regular NHL'er, I commented on his current play with Vancouver where he was playing like an AHL player. I'm not sure what is lost here.

No it isn't. Clarkson had 1 good season and the leaf fans and media expected him to do the same in toronto. It's like for Steve Bernier with his 16 goals last season. If you expect him to have that again, you'll have a bad time.

Are you kidding? This useless you aren't understanding this. He was great in New Jersey and my point in that scenario is that it's like a Maple Leafs fan flaming a Devils fan because he said he was a gem. It's not the Devils fans fault Clarkson fit the Devils team better and therefore looked like a better player with them.

I don't think you are reading or understanding what I'm saying. I'm saying he said himself he was a fighting energy guy (as in he goes out hits and makes it hard on opponents) which he wasn't doing in Vancouver even though he said that.

Boubabi, I'm going to explain this. What I said was about his game in Vancouver, what he shows in Montreal is hardly what he was doing in Vancouver. He plays with energy and speed in Montreal. In Vancouver he won the fastest skater in the skills competition but we never saw that in a game. Vancouver and Montreal is night and day to what he seems to be providing Montreal currently. That is what I am saying. I never said he was never going to be a regular NHL'er, I commented on his current play with Vancouver where he was playing like an AHL player. I'm not sure what is lost here.

So why are you expecting Kassian to bring the same sort of game (that he played in Vancouver) here in Montreal ? 

Edited by boubabi

So why are you expecting Kassian to bring the same sort of game (that he played in Vancouver) here in Montreal ? 

I never told you what I expect. I told you if he plays the same he did in Vancouver (which I stated several times) you'll be disappointed with the way you guys described him. You guys are fighting me over nothing, off an observation in fact. If I told you the sun was pink in Vancouver because thats what it looks like out here right now, you'd say well no it's not because out here its yellow. Well yeah, thats cause I said "in Vancouver".

It's the same way you're expecting Prust to bring the same game he brought in Montreal to Vancouver.

Also, Clarkson had a few good seasons with New Jersey.

he's 31 years old, he won't turn into Sidney Crosby all of the sudden. And one thing you can't change is his size (6'0 194 lbs). You can't expect someone to still play a high level the way he plays and his age. He was on a down hill last season, this will only continue. Even is he stays the same, there's no spot for him in a competing team. Plus, he will be a UFA next season and probably sign in Toronto. 

Edited by boubabi

Prust will play well in Vancouver.

Kassian will play well in Montreal.

I believe both of these things.

Why argue over a couple of plugs.

plugs win cups

#trending

Edited by boubabi