2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Benning admitting there was interest on Miller, but he still kept him because MUH OLDAR GOWLEE.

This is fun.

Vancouver, city of complaints. No wonder players don't want to go there, the fanbase is so panicky.

Benning admitting there was interest on Miller, but he still kept him because MUH OLDAR GOWLEE.

This is fun.

Where you get that from? Cause I cant think of one team that would be interested in an older goaltender. 

Where you get that from? Cause I cant think of one team that would be interested in an older goaltender. 

He said it at the Summer Summit tonight. I believe the whole thing was/is being uploaded to the Canucks YouTube channel.

Vancouver, city of complaints. No wonder players don't want to go there, the fanbase is so panicky.

Yeah, fuck me for wanting the Canucks to keep the younger, better, cheaper goalie. I'm so panicky.

Edited by Sandro

Yeah, I really didn't expect Benning to say that. I thought we were going more towards the youth angle, but I guess they're sort of tinkering while somewhat rebuilding at the same time and trying to see what happens next season with Miller again.

Yeah, I really didn't expect Benning to say that. I thought we were going more towards the youth angle, but I guess they're sort of tinkering while somewhat rebuilding at the same time and trying to see what happens next season with Miller again.

What's even more shocking is Linden took two of the people from the Q&A aside and spoke them to afterwards. This is what has been shared so far, apparently more is coming:

On Kassian: absolutely nobody around the league wanted him. They felt it was time to move on from him, and that three coaches couldn't get through to him here.

On the fired management: The new regime didn't inherit a cup contender, and these guys were partially responsible for that. Apparently they weren't very organized and didn't have much direction.

On Weisbrod: gave him credit for some of the Calgary rebuild, namely for Gaudreau and Monahan. Didn't feel it was fair to single him out for Calgary's draft record.

On Delorme: didn't answer my question about him fully, but stated that it's unfair to put all the blame solely on him. Stated that Eric Crawford had been the head of scouting recently, and thinks that the way the organization was run with the guys they let go hindered our draft performance.

On getting younger: fully willing to move veterans if younger players earn a spot. Feels McCann still has more to learn even at the junior level (cited being a leader, and playing at the WJC).

On possibly moving Higgins: appears nobody wants him. People don't want the contract.

Edited by Sandro

He said it at the Summer Summit tonight. I believe the whole thing was/is being uploaded to the Canucks YouTube channel.

Yeah, fuck me for wanting the Canucks to keep the younger, better, cheaper goalie. I'm so panicky.

Yeah keep the young better goalie who is also unproven by league standards and it doesn't matter because they need to shuffle the entire deck anyways.

he shook his gloves with Thornton as if to drop them and fight.

GTFO  :lol:

I like how the replay skips most of the part where you can explicitly see Weise was talking to McQuaid, and then only turns to Thornton at the last second.

Except Dallas really doesn't need more offense... 

Having too much offense is never a bad thing.Only problem is there defensive core is now very very young but my god there offense. Nachushkin, Spezza, Sharp, Seguin, Benn. WTF.

They do have a ton of scoring power, but I don't think it's going to get them to the cup. Patrick Sharp will definitely aid them in the defensive side of things with his strong two-way playing.

But they have a ton of offense-first forwards like Spezza, Hemsky, and Seguin. Then there's Nichushkin who I'm not sure about his defensive game, but I feel like being on Dallas will just make him develop into a one-way offensive power forward. Jamie Benn is decent at a two-way game I think as well.

They need defense. When that trade went down I thought "They can't honestly feel Klingberg is a Norris calibre player that badly, can they?".

As sad as it seems, they could use Horcoff now.

• 2 weeks later...

Having a team in Quebec and in Seattle (assuming they are going with 2 expansion teams) would be awesome. A team that would create more competition on the west and east coasts. I just do not want a hockey team in Las Vegas, that would ruin hockey IMO.