2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Are you high? Sutter had his best season in 2009-10 with Carolina

You literally have no way to defend this guy so you're just resorting to making shit up now. Stop it.

Edited by Sandro

Yup, when he was playing on a top line with better players. And again, your perception on his "best season" is based off offensive stats. There's more than that in hockey

Edited by boubabi

Yup, when he was playing on a top line with better players

Top line? Carolina?

Um. Does Eric Staal ring a bell?

EDIT: When you are traded for a team's second line center, whose job was to produce goals, then yeah, I'm going to judge you on your offensive capabilities. The Canucks cannot fucking score enough goals.

Edited by Sandro

"A" top line, not "the" top line. He was playing second line minutes and still was a minus player. I think his best season was last season playing on a 3rd, being a shutdown and an excellent PK player and still scoring 21 goals. Sutter is better at his role than Bonino, you can interpret the trade as you want, it's still better than the Prust trade

Top line? Carolina?

Um. Does Eric Staal ring a bell?

EDIT: When you are traded for a team's second line center, whose job was to produce goals, then yeah, I'm going to judge you on your offensive capabilities. The Canucks cannot fucking score enough goals.

that's where you don't seem to get it, Sutter isn't Bonino, they have different roles

Sandro just knows everything and has the answer to everything. Just let him be lonely and be angry about every move the Canucks make unlike a fan that sticks with the team whether they make good or bad moves (and imo this was a good trade for both teams).

i dont understand why he would resign Adam Clendening then trade him and a 2nd for a 3rd, because basically it was Sutter for Bonino straight up. 

Bonino = Sutter

Clendening & 2nd >> 3rd

There is no point in breaking down the trade because it doesnt work with this one lol. But The difference between the 2nd and the 3rd will be 15-20 picks like Benning said.

Couturier 6 year, $4.33 mil/year.

tumblr_m7diig61WG1qe6nyz.gif

One of my fav Flyers tbh. Anytime I do a fantasy draft on an NHL game I always nab him up to center my third line. Very underrated two way guy! 

The whole Sutter trade discussion, overreactions more than Grandma when her pie burns in the oven. 

Just give it time. Sandro if you disagree so much, turn the TV off and find another sport. These guys have been in the business for years and are paid to make deal, manage salaries and negotiate with other bodies around the league. Just because your opinion is that they lost, doesn't mean it's the only opinion worth listening too.

Sutter is a top end 3rd line center and the emergence of Horvat proves that Sutter will be the 3rd line guy. Also your stat charts are wrong, Sutter scored 21 goals, thats hardly low-end 3rd line calibre production. So your charts are incorrect and are in fact irrelevant. 

That trade is pretty rough for Vancouver. Sutter's not even that great at what he does. If what they were looking for was a somewhat not really decent 3rd line center, then they got one. I can't comment too much on Bonino because I haven't really seen him play, but Sutter isn't anything special.

That trade is pretty rough for Vancouver. Sutter's not even that great at what he does. If what they were looking for was a somewhat not really decent 3rd line center, then they got one. I can't comment too much on Bonino because I haven't really seen him play, but Sutter isn't anything special.

Its a Sutter tho.

Sutter isn't replacing Bonino I wouldn't think. They want Horvat to move up and for Sutter to take on more of the Richardson role that he left.

The 3rd is Buffalo's, so it's not going to be much further back than the 2nd we gave away.

They're also already trying to re-sign Sutter.

Just give it time. Sandro if you disagree so much, turn the TV off and find another sport. These guys have been in the business for years and are paid to make deal, manage salaries and negotiate with other bodies around the league. Just because your opinion is that they lost, doesn't mean it's the only opinion worth listening too.

That is the most bullshit, cop out excuse ever. We have access to the same numbers and footage that all these guys in the NHL do. They do not get a pass because they work in hockey. That does not make them infallible. Sutter is not worth the price they paid today.

The 3rd is Buffalo's, so it's not going to be much further back than the 2nd we gave away.

No it's not, it's the pick that Buffalo gave up as compensation for hiring Bylsma. Which just so happens to be Vancouver's 2016 3rd. They get the higher of that pick, and NYI's 3rd. They're looking at probably a 20 pick drop, unless they plan to tank this season.

I just hope Sutter is extended at a decent number, but I don't have any faith in Benning's contract negotiation skills.

Edited by Sandro

That is the most bullshit, cop out excuse ever. We have access to the same numbers and footage that all these guys in the NHL do. They do not get a pass because they work in hockey. That does not make them infallible. Sutter is not worth the price they paid today.

You are right, we should all listen to your wisdom. Even though in a simple trade like this you lost your marbles and went on a little hissy fit. They haven't even hit the ice yet and the panic mode in Vancouver has set in, might as well call it a season.

I mean after all, Bonino looked like a complete dog out there for the majority of the season, but hey he was new to the team so the fans have to love him right? Watch October come and Sutter score 10 goals in 15 games or something and Sandro is singing his praises. Even though he wants them to tank for a pick, he will still want them to win. Can't have both worlds my friend, thats not how it works.

You are right, we should all listen to your wisdom. Even though in a simple trade like this you lost your marbles and went on a little hissy fit. They haven't even hit the ice yet and the panic mode in Vancouver has set in, might as well call it a season.

I mean after all, Bonino looked like a complete dog out there for the majority of the season, but hey he was new to the team so the fans have to love him right? Watch October come and Sutter score 10 goals in 15 games or something and Sandro is singing his praises. Even though he wants them to tank for a pick, he will still want them to win. Can't have both worlds my friend, thats not how it works.

Way to ignore everything that doesn't fit your little theory. I want them to tank for a pick. But if they're deadset on winning, then build a fucking team that can win. Thought it was pretty fucking clear that's what I'm saying. More than either of those things, I want competent management.

I don't know why I came back right now.

Way to ignore everything that doesn't fit your little theory. I want them to tank for a pick. But if they're deadset on winning, then build a fucking team that can win. Thought it was pretty fucking clear that's what I'm saying. More than either of those things, I want competent management.

I don't know why I came back right now.

Because you enjoy a player. But you get way too worked up about the Canucks. Every post is laced with swears, which is something youngsters do when they want to be heard. Just settle down, have a nice scotch and watch re-runs of Orange is the New Black.