2014-2015 NHL Discussion

Sandro

Yet they are adding veteran players that push younger players out of the lineup. Benning has contradicted what he says with most of his moves this off-season. I'm sure they are trying to get better, I just happen to think that he doesn't know what the hell he's doing and is making bad moves as a result.

So you are saying ever young guy should have his spot given to him without challenge?

Malhotra is pretty bad in the new NHL. I mean, yes, a very good veteran, but offensively, he brings nothing. That's why someone like del a rose /mitchell pushed him from the line up. And prust is pretty garbage (as a Habs fan) but don't know how he will do in the west.

I know that about Malhotra, but that's part of my point. At least he would bring some off-ice stuff that Benning seems to prize so much, this guy they invited is just a minor league facepuncher.

So you are saying ever young guy should have his spot given to him without challenge?

No. Do you enjoy putting words in my mouth?

Wait the season started already? I thought it starts in October or something.

Depth chart and a veteran friendly coach. Unless Baertschi totally bombs and the Canucks decide to risk losing him on waivers (soooo not happening), there are four LWs ahead of Kenins. Add in Benning's very apparent desire to keep Virtanen on the roster, and he might be demoted to the AHL entirely. Kenins 12 points in 30 games as a fourth liner, and has great chemistry with Horvat + Hansen. He earned his place IMO.

No. Do you enjoy putting words in my mouth?

I didn't, what you did though is prove that overreactions are the norm. It's September, lots of time and unless you yourself are sitting in on team meetings and so forth, it would be hard to know what they are thinking. They bring in camp bodies and weed them out, if you haven't noticed that over the years than you haven't been paying attention. Owen Nolan, Brendan Morrison etc..

mike+richards+jeff+carter+drinking+drunk

I think they've both been over partying since they got to LA. Sadly I think Richards was writing checks that his body couldn't cash early in his career.. He was our best player in our 2013 playoff run and he was never the same after he got laid out and got a concussion in the Chicago series. I truly feel awful for Richie and hope he gets the help he needs and can play in the NHL again. One of my favorite players.

Edited by Kyle

I didn't, what you did though is prove that overreactions are the norm. It's September, lots of time and unless you yourself are sitting in on team meetings and so forth, it would be hard to know what they are thinking. They bring in camp bodies and weed them out, if you haven't noticed that over the years than you haven't been paying attention. Owen Nolan, Brendan Morrison etc..

Except both those players were decent hockey players. Nolan in the past, and Morrison should've been signed that season. The guy they invited put up 9 points and 188 PIMs in the AHL last season.

Classic Sandro just complaining and complaining about everything JB and others do.

Because I think they're bad at their jobs. So. Yeah?

Edited by Sandro

I agree that Ronalds Kenins should be able to stay with the team. There's not really a true indication that he's getting the shaft though. He still can earn and keep that spot through training camp and the pre-season. Prust isn't just going to be shoved into the lineup, as he has to earn it as well.

Same thing goes for Jake Virtanen. The thing with Virtanen though is that he has played extremely well up until this point and will get a real chance at cracking the Canucks lineup. He is the big powerforward with skill that the Canucks want. I hope he makes the team.

A team with Bo Horvat and Jake Virtanen on it would please me. Hopefully that Kenins/Horvat/Hansen line can stay, but who knows. Hansen has been a little out of place the past season.

Except both those players were decent hockey players. Nolan in the past, and Morrison should've been signed that season. The guy they invited put up 9 points and 188 PIMs in the AHL last season.

Do you know him personally or played with him? He is a fucking camp body, figure it out.

Do you know him personally or played with him? He is a fucking camp body, figure it out.

Why would I need to know him to look at his stat line? My entire fucking point is that there are better fucking players that can be fucking invited to fucking training camp to be a fucking camp fucking body. Maybe they'll fucking do something instead of fucking punch faces and get fucking cut after three fucking days.

Why would I need to know him to look at his stat line? My entire fucking point is that there are better fucking players that can be fucking invited to fucking training camp to be a fucking camp fucking body. Maybe they'll fucking do something instead of fucking punch faces and get fucking cut after three fucking days.

Maybe the whole point of them is to come in and be high energy players and push the others. Not every body in camp is to bump the young guy out of a position. This guy really ticked you off. Why does it matter, they aren't competition and the more young guys who are up actually would have negative effects.

Getting ready for Boubabi to eat SO MUCH CROW regarding Alex Semin! Soon! Very soon! 

Oh by the way, chances are high he's starting a first line with Eller and Galychenku. Here is a camp highlight from Gally and Semin

http://gfycat.com/VerifiableShockingJerboa

Hot damn that pass, and the finish! Don't worry Boobs when Semin is still top six and a solid point getter for you guys in December I fully expect you to eat that crow as hard it gets. 

Yeah, good thing those games mean something

As valuable as mcdavid 5 pts game

*laughs*

Why do you want to be in denial in a underrated talented player your team picked up for very cheap who is looking very good and will likely be playing first line duties on your squad? One who has great chemistry with a skilled young player of yours.

It's like you don't want him to succeed due to some sense of personal dislike. I'm not a Semin fan either. I'm a fan of underrated players who get flack for random bullshit, who OBVIOUSLY still have a lot of life left in the NHL!

Eller had 4pts this same game. Do I expect eller to be an offensive talent? No. Nobody does.

And Semin doesn't lack of talent, he lack of hard work. Of course, you aren't showing his backcheck and his hooking penalties.

Edited by boubabi