My Very Own Appreciation Thread!

Hello everyone, I have been around now for a decent amount of time. My first-gen was made in season 74 and I am currently in my rookie season on my second player. Over the time I've been here I have gotten to know a decent amount of people in community, whether that be players, management, league staff, mods, updaters, or anything in between. There's a ton of great people in  our community and over time I have shouted out a lot of them, but for this specific theme week, I wanted to mention some people I've never really publicly recognized before. So without further ado, here are a few people I'd like to chat about!

@JeffD/ @MubbleFubbles / @Shindigs

(My Chicago family)

So right off the bat, I am clumping these three individuals together, because we are all currently linked together via the Chicago Phoenix organization. First off, Jeff is our general manager, and I was lucky enough to get to know him a bit over the winter while we got addicted to the same MMORPG.  I normally don't like playing games online with others, but Jeff has such a chillness to him, and was super easy to get along with pretty much immediately. I really enjoyed our time playing Lost Ark together, and even though he is a filthy Boston Red Sox fan,  I still think he is pretty great. As fate would have it, Chicago was in a great position to draft me this past offseason in the VHL Entry Draft. I was hoping to end up in Chicago, and sure enough I got my wish. I am committed to making Chicago a successful team and a lot of that is because of the respect I have for Jeff.

As for Mubbles and Shindigs, these two are both teammates of mine and I knew they were solid users, but until I actually got to Chicago and got in the locker room, I had no idea the extent of their awesomeness. When I was still working as an AGM under Cow for NYA, I had scouted both these guys for their draft class. They both seemed like slam dunks, but they both said they would love to play together, and for us in New York at the time, it wasn't something we could accommodate so we passed them up. Thankfully Jeff was able to draft one and then trade for the other shortly after! Mubbles  is an analytical god and is hitting us with all these amazing stats of our sims and players performances. It really is nice to have an extra layer of data to look at to really see where the team is thriving and where improvements could be made.  Shindigs is also an absolute madlad. He's in on engaged with almost everything on the forums and recently he even got into the BoG. I really respect how much thought and passion both these guys bring, and it really helps me stay motivated to keep my own activity up. On top of that, they are both just class dudes and have been great teammates.

@Dil

I may have said this in a couple of other more closed conversations in the past, but I feel like Dil does a ton of work for this community and a ton of people aren't even aware of a lot of it. We have hands-down the best portal (that I am aware of anyways) in all of sports sim leagues and none of that happens without a ton work on the back-end coding and making everything run smoothly.  Granted, it isn't solely Dil, but he does do a ton of work and often times doesn't get the praise he deserves. Aside from all the coding he does for VHL, he's also just a super kind hearted fella. I've slowly gotten to know him better over the past handful of months and I am really glad for that. I don't have a ton of reasons to direct my attention to gen-chat, but I will always have time to yuck it up with Dil, he's good people.

@rory

Rory is probably one of the more polarizing figures in our community. Rory has been known to stir the pot at times, and certainly has never shied away from offering up their opinion on many a topic. But honestly, that's what I love about them. Does Rory like to "TROLL" sometimes... yeah I think so, but it's an online community, and sometimes you need a little excitement to liven things up a bit from time to time. Rory and I had a really interesting process we had to work through when I drafted Tavish DeGroot during their draft class. Despite some heated player negotiations, we managed to come out of it still on good terms. Outside of all the VHL stuff though, I really love that I can goto Rory and talk restaurant drama with them. We both work in restaurants and rory we both really understand each others pain when it comes to work bullshit, so we have a bit of a bond there lol. I always love just shooting the shit with rory about hockey, VHL or anything really. Also rory is a NYA Superfan, which is dope.

@Moon

Moon is a guy I've gotten to know really well over the past year or so. We chat almost on a daily basis. Outside of VHL-related stuff, we talk about all sorts of things. Hockey, baseball, ROMANCE, pretty much anything really. Also Moon and I share the bond of both being raised as dope ass 5-pin bowlers.  Unlike cowards who play ten-pin bowling, five pin bowlers are the true elite athletes of the sport.  It's nice to have Mooner around to chit chat with, even if he doesn't know what or where Mount Olympus is. 

Well that is it this theme week. There are lots of great people out there in the community if you take the time to go out there a talk to some of them. Of course it isn't ALL good, but there's definitely good people out there. Cheers VHL!

(I will be claiming this for two weeks)

1 hour ago, fromtheinside said:

@Moon

Moon is a guy I've gotten to know really well over the past year or so. We chat almost on a daily basis. Outside of VHL-related stuff, we talk about all sorts of things. Hockey, baseball, ROMANCE, pretty much anything really. Also Moon and I share the bond of both being raised as dope ass 5-pin bowlers.  Unlike cowards who play ten-pin bowling, five pin bowlers are the true elite athletes of the sport.  It's nice to have Mooner around to chit chat with, even if he doesn't know what or where Mount Olympus is

Always nice chatting with yeah scooter! ❤️

Edited by Moon