Appreciation for the VHL

AJW

I am a little bit tipsy right now but you read the title correctly and I want to give my appreciation to you all.

You would think this is theme week again but in reality I am just very happy to be apart of this league. It is my 21st birthday tomorrow (July 2) and I took some time to look back on the past year of my life and see the positives that came with it. Obviously there is a lot that goes on in our real personal lives, but the VHL has been a huge factor this past year and I am just so proud to be here with you all.

I used to go through a lot of weird and rough stuff with my mental health, I made a post about it some time before to the public here. The VHL has been my safe place and I feel like it always will be. I have always felt like I can be myself and open up with everyone here. I don't want to toot my own horn, but growing up I was always seen as the likeable guy, the popular one, good at sports and what not. I have always been in the spotlight and to come here to this league and just be a regular person amongst all of y'all is amazing. You don't treat me differently than anyone else, I am seen as a regular human being. I hope that didn't sound cocky or anything, I hope you understand what I mean. It is just so nice to fit in with everyone here no matter what you look like or who you are, to be treated with equal respect. We are all communicating and having fun through a screen. Appearances and backgrounds don't matter, you are accepted no matter what. It is so much fun logging in everyday and talking with everyone here, I have met so many wonderful people through this league. Even with my past TPE ban and the stuff that happened with the multi bans, it sucked at the time, but I am glad that y'all are so forgiving and inviting to have me in this league and to get me back to a GM spot in the VHLM which I have such a fun time doing. You are all amazing truthfully.

I wish I could tag each person individually who has made a good impact on my VHL career. It would honestly be over 100 people and take countless hours to type. You know who you are because each interaction I have had with a member of this community has been a positive. I really can't name a member here I dislike. I know others may disagree and have their differences with other members, but in all seriousness, I really like each and every one of you that has entered my VHL career. I really hope that each member I have interacted with feels the same, and I hope that every member I haven't fully met yet does not feel scared at all to reach out and build a connection.

I love you VHL. Sorry to get you all in your feels if I did, but I just really do love this place.

• Commissioner
4 hours ago, ajwllmsn said:

Even with my past TPE ban and the stuff that happened with the multi bans, it sucked at the time, but I am glad that y'all are so forgiving and inviting to have me in this league and to get me back to a GM spot in the VHLM which I have such a fun time doing.

Honestly it’s like I told you at the time: go out and be a positive member and people won’t even remember it. We keep logs of past transgressions for a reason: because we mostly forget about them otherwise. Case in point, I completely forgot you had that TPE ban and whatnot; it’s water under the bridge and unimportant.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Honestly it’s like I told you at the time: go out and be a positive member and people won’t even remember it. We keep logs of past transgressions for a reason: because we mostly forget about them otherwise. Case in point, I completely forgot you had that TPE ban and whatnot; it’s water under the bridge and unimportant.

It's true a lot of those multi-bans except for one came from respectable members of the community that just made one mistake.