What's new

Blazzer

My last player, a hidden gem I would say retired 6 months ago and I've been away from the league ever since. I contemplated coming back a few times but then realised that I wouldn't have the time to earn a lot. While I can't guarantee to be a max earner (12tpe per week, with media spots), I can guarantee that I will remain active (at least earning every week, I don't know about maxing out). Before I go into the actual article, I have a few people to thank. 

Looking at my notification inbox, I realised a couple of mentions from people I talked to a lot like fishy, Gus and Jeff aka Uncle Lidia. These people have been nothing but amazing when I was developing Xin. 

@fishy - They always brought the fun in the Chicago LR. I also remember when they brought up the idea of having pronouns given in the server. They were the pioneer and I looked up to them for being vocal about this change. I'm hoping they're doing well and wish them nothing but the best in their career and life.

@Gustav - Always in my mind the degen horny police, chasing people off to horny jail. He has been extremely helpful and Xin even was Taro's teammate in multiple tourneys. Congratulations on the HOF man, so well deserved. Gustav and his build guides are a haven for all rookies so please, if u are new, reach out to him, he doesn't bite. 

@JeffD - He gave me my first management job in the league and it was such an honour. I technically still have AGM rights, thanks to inactive Lidia but I have stepped down. He single-handedly brought Chicago to its glory days and I couldn't be more proud of him. Jeff kept me in check when I got mad at Xin for being horrible in the first couple of seasons but now looking back, I don't know why Xin won no awards and I am mad at that now.

@Beaviss - I know you're out here in the VHL, somewhere hidden perhaps but i appreciate all the degen streams we got going back then. It really helped me get through some horrible covid lockdown days so thanks a lot man. I hope you and your family is doing well and all the best to you in whatever you may be doing in life right now.

Now fast forward to my second player, Babay Shrimp. The name originated from a degen hour game night. Everyone loved it and someone wanted my recreate to have this name so here we are. I'm looking to make a winger that prioritises passing over scoring. That meta has always been pretty much frowned upon but I do wanna see how far it can take a player. This is gonna be a pretty fun experiment! Shrimp set up with a deadly scorer on the same line would make for some crazy goal scoring ability in the major leagues. Along with the passing, I want Shrimp to be fast on the ice since making him agile will hopefully make him pretty unique as a winger in the VHL/E/M. As always, since the dawn of the VHL, defence is a very important attribute. Moreover, with Shrimp being fast, he's able to get back to the D zone and take some shots on behalf of the goalie.

Well the league has changed a lot too. With the STHS attributes completely changed, there's gonna be some getting used to. As usual, the portal broke down (for me)...I can't spend my TPE and someone, SOMEONE, needs to fix this (this is now addressed tho). Besides the point, the change seemed to be for the better as I heard from the others so I am all for it.

Well, here's the end of my very impromptu media spot about me blabbing. Shrimp has gotten a ton of offers so it's time for him to think about which team he should sign with. For now, I'll see you in...whenever I can write one of these bad boys. 

Word count: 682 words, claiming for week ending 17/7

Welcome back! I knew I remembered you from a couple degen hours long ago but I completely forgot.

Also going for a passing build makes me smile. On Seattle I currently have Jonathon Ori as my linemate. He’s a passing build with 0 goals and 15 assists in 14 games lol I love it.