Toast Thoughts

Toast

Working title. 

According to my Scrivener it has been roughly a year since I stopped writing media for Phoenix Dawson and a whole lot has changed in the league since then. I’m excited to be back this time with Lloyd Braun to hopefully hit some new goals and stay active this go around. I know I’ve been saying this since Burnt toast came around but I’m sure with some work I can get back to the days of my teens when I was posting threads asking for help on finding a job… that’s actually out there somewhere. 

With this player the goal was to max earn. Finally hit TPE heights that I never did with Wolfe, Smyl, or any of the guys that actually had a shot of hitting some decent numbers. Well… that was until I went and claimed welfare on my first week last week because I was on a trip to Toronto. Whose idea was it anyways to create a new player in this league just before leaving on vacation anyways? Well, before I left I happened to acquire Spartan’s player in another league and that gave me the itch to see what is going on around here and sure enough that was all it took to get me back on the create a player page of the index. 

I’ve always felt that VHL’s index is just incredible and makes getting involved in this league so easy as a player. The part I always struggle with is reserving the time to actually talk with my team and be more vocal in the Discords that this league has. I’m always a ping away but with an endless list of servers to keep up with, the VHL ones always seem to take a hit for that unfortunately. Sorry for that, Marlins!

When I created my player their were M GMs posting within minutes. It was strange to see the “reply with hashtag” system, but hey, whatever works. What sold me on the Marlins was seeing Frank in the thread shortly after the post from Jacob. Still seeing the familiar faces on the league after all these years is what’s the best thing for me. I love seeing all these people sticking around as well as all of the new faces enjoying the league as well. 

San Diego has been great so far! While we clearly have some work to get through I’m confident that there will be more people joining up with us and I’m hoping that the season will start turning around for the group. We have a great group of people on the team and I always seem to find my way to follow Phil around everywhere no matter how many times I try coming back. I’m hoping that Braun will end up being one of the better defensive guys in the league when all is said and done and that is going to take me some time to try figure out how the new attributes work but it seems that we are on the right path for a rookie! 

It’s good to be back and I look forward to seeing how things go this time around.

Super happy to have you and I love to see a media spot coming out ;) Braun has been off to an incredible start and I'm super excited to see how this career goes! Keep taking care of yourself first and your player second, and enjoy the career!

Lovely to see you again, Toast. And may I add that I love the name of your player, Lloyd Braun. Here's to no one finding your family in the freezer. Totally agree with you on the VHL Index being an incredible feature of the league that really helps with retention and simplifying the processes of the league. Grammatically, no issues at all. An easy read with nothing to nitpick on. Some people might say to add some color or a picture or whatever, but it's not that kind of media, so no need, imo. 10/10