Non-VSN S84 VHL Rookie Ladder #2

leandrofg

Another week has gone through in the VHL, and our rookies continue to make headlines. Many are the same, but we continue to be amazed by what these rookies do.

Without further ado, let's share this list with you.

5. Red Gaming (Last week: 5th) ↔️
Red Gaming has kept his level up for this last week. With 4 wins in 7 games, that's a very respectable win percentage. Of course, he's on a hot DC Dragons team, but he must not undervalue his impact. That said, we can't refrain from discussing his save percentage, which has gone down this week, and his goals against average, which has taken the opposite route.

4. Callum Murray (Last week: 4th) ↔️
Callum Murray continues to be a steady presence on a poor team. With 7 points in 7 games, the Australian continues to make waves in Los Angeles, but he seems to be surfing alone. His presence continues to be felt on the ice, with grit on defense and offense, where he saw an uptick in P/20 (Points per 20 Minutes).

3. Landon Wolanin (Last week: 1st) ⬇️
Wolanin was riding high last week, but the Wranglers have hit a wall, and the rookie's numbers have suffered throughout. He's the ultimate team player, having downplayed personal expectations. But this past week, Landon only scored 5 points in 7 games, which made his P/20 drop by .02. Be that as it may, Wolanin still leads all rookies in goals and is at the top of the rookie plus/minus column. Could he see Landon find his form again this week?

2. Tomas Sogaard (Last week: 3rd) ⬆️
Moscow took Sogaard's 3rd place last week to heart, with the GM personally calling out the rankings in favor of his players. Well, in the end, nicely played by them. After the call out, trolling the Calgary Wranglers and making a case to have another of his players on the list, Moscow and Sogaard had a massive week. This week culminated in snatching the European Conference 1st place. And with 3 goals, 6 assists, and an improvement of .05 in P/20, Sogaard's impact deserved this spot on the list.

1. Pierre Emile Bouchard (Last week: 2nd) ⬆️
Pierre still leads this rookie class in scoring. With 36 Points in 39 games, he's been the most consistent rookie, and that's why he's now number 1 on this list. Not only did he display his value, but he's also now shown his character. After a surprising trade made by the Americans' Interim GM, Pierre now fights in Black, Silver, and White.

Other notables are Hammar Voss, who has taken an interest in the last article and replied with an "it's not a sprint, it's a marathon" and has steadily confirmed that. With Helsinki still trying to find its form, Voss has been sharpening his game and has risen in the rookie scoring list, overtaking Goncalves for 5th. The latter is still struggling to produce consistently and, just like Landon, falters a bit due to the Wranglers' slump. Art and Augustus still fight at the top of the save percentage stat but at the bottom of the GAA. One wonders what they could do on non-struggling teams... but wait, what about Dusty? 😏

Edited by leandrofg

This is going to be a season long battle and I love the reports. Proud to be at the top now but I agree with Voss that this isn't a sprint and consistency is going to key. And yes I picked Voss to win this since I didn't expect Bouch to be having such an impact season. I also expect him to slow production wise now that he is close to 500 TPE and has the bulk of his main skills set. Now he is in the fine tuning stage with it taking longer to see significant gains. Skating is next so his defensive numbers should improve but at a cost of offense.

Good luck everyone and common Voss get the motor turning! LOL

8 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

This is going to be a season long battle and I love the reports. Proud to be at the top now but I agree with Voss that this isn't a sprint and consistency is going to key. And yes I picked Voss to win this since I didn't expect Bouch to be having such an impact season. I also expect him to slow production wise now that he is close to 500 TPE and has the bulk of his main skills set. Now he is in the fine tuning stage with it taking longer to see significant gains. Skating is next so his defensive numbers should improve but at a cost of offense.

Good luck everyone and common Voss get the motor turning! LOL

It depends on how things turn in Vancouver, but it certainly has been fun! :D