King Czar Makes VHL History

STZ

FEAR THE CZAR

chara_bickell640.jpg

Helsinki, Finland.

In an off-season that watched the Helsinki Titans bring in elite scoring threats Damon Tyrael and Willem Janssen, along with projected top flight talent Oskars Harumpf and Ryan Cattrall, the focus has been on another prospect. No we aren't talking about the S39 first overall pick, James Faraday who is slated to make his rookie debut... we are talking about another rookie.

King Czar III made waves in Helsinki training camp as the 18 year old absolutely proved himself to coaches. This was a pick in the 3rd round, who has developed into a starting VHL defenseman in the course of a week. Czar has made VHL history being the first ever 3rd round pick to start for a VHL team due to the 175 TPE cap rule. Titans scouts had no idea what they had when they called this monster's name at the draft... Looks like the youngster is making quite a name for himself.

"Czar is ready for the VHL, and we aren't going to deny him the playing time he's earned. I was a VHLM GM for many seasons, so I know the importance of developing in the minors. Czar has proven that he wants to be in the big leagues, and we believe that him being on one of the top defenses in the league will greatly benefit his development. This was something we did not take into account at the start of the season, and even end of the draft. A pleasant surprise is an understatement."

- Vince Wong, Titans GM

Good luck Czar! I think those 22 mistakes were regarding the history that your players seem to go very short before retiring, but regardless it was a good value pick at 23.

Good luck Czar! I think those 22 mistakes were regarding the history that your players seem to go very short before retiring, but regardless it was a good value pick at 23.

Yeah, I agree. I think I fairly went where I'd been hoping for I guess. :) Trying to spice up the league with some trash talk always ends in fun right?

Anyways, getting VHL Top 4 Time on a pairing with STZ will definitely keep me wide awake for the long run. Also, might even make the VHL my #1 Priority League. :cheers:

Also, glad to be on the Titans! 

#TitanTakeover