Is an 8th season worth it

AJW

So AJ Williams is currently in his 7th season of his career with the Seattle Bears. He has achieved over a point per game with 200+ goals and 400+ points, he’s won a Continental Cup, he’s over 1200 TPE, and he is definitely considered to be atleast in the top 15 of players currently in the VHL.  He’s a great player and a huge asset on Seattle. But my question is, even with a great player how do you not be bored after 7 seasons, let alone 8. 

The only time I pay attention to my player is when Josh pings for sim alerts. I don’t write media spots anymore, but instead I just collect my GM Job Pay and make love to the welfare button. I don’t really have anything else to look forward to with this player since he won’t be a HOFer, and most likely won’t be winning anymore awards unless Seattle wins another cup. He’s not an individual award winner, hasn’t been his entire career. So what’s the point of keeping him around? If I ride out for one more season I’ll just sign to a team and forget about him as I’ll be more focused on creating a new player at the TDL. 

So is it even worth it to wait another season if I’m bored already? Or do I recreate at this TDL? I’m sure me skipping my last season wouldn’t affect my draft stock for my new player in anyway. And then I can be full of life again and type up a storm on the forum like I used to. I’m not even claiming this as a .com article, I just wanted to hear some opinions from around the league.

Some players can make their HOF case in 1 single season, so I wouldn't absolutely count yourself out.

I do agree, it gets tough near the end, but you have to re-evaluate your goals; you won a cup, but you still have time to climb the all-time points and TPE leaderboard, franchise records, etc. Making a new player is obviously a lot of fun, but once they get to season 2 or 3, is it really that different from 7 or 8?

In contrast though, if you have accomplished all your goals for your 1st-gen player, then maybe it's not worth it. It's all in the eye of the beholder in the end. No matter how it happens, I hope you get back to max earning + forum content! 

I get what you feel right now as I asked myself the same questions with my first player. I didn’t like the fact that I spent a season down and i also never liked my player for a few reasons, the main one being that it was my name and it just felt awkward to me somehow so I decided to retire him early. So far I’m enjoying my new player more than my first one as I got the opportunity to make him grow right from tdl and make it up right after the draft. Now I do feel like my player has potential and its more satisfying to me.

I mostly agree with dlamb here. Is there anything you still want to accomplish with your current player, and is that a realistic goal? If you can answer yes to both of these questions, there's your reason to stick with it.

There's no right answer and it all comes down to your own thoughts. If anyone here is trying to tell you there's a single right way to go, don't listen. I get that you're asking for opinions, but yours is the one that really matters.

"The only time I pay attention to my player is when Josh pings for sim alerts. I don’t write media spots anymore, but instead I just collect my GM Job Pay and make love to the welfare button."

"He’s not an individual award winner, hasn’t been his entire career."

"So is it even worth it to wait another season if I’m bored already?"

"I’m sure me skipping my last season wouldn’t affect my draft stock for my new player in anyway. "

3b1cf821e868f849d18ee28b170840dd.jpg

1 minute ago, jRuutu said:

"The only time I pay attention to my player is when Josh pings for sim alerts. I don’t write media spots anymore, but instead I just collect my GM Job Pay and make love to the welfare button."

"He’s not an individual award winner, hasn’t been his entire career."

"So is it even worth it to wait another season if I’m bored already?"

"I’m sure me skipping my last season wouldn’t affect my draft stock for my new player in anyway. "

3b1cf821e868f849d18ee28b170840dd.jpg

I’m confused

3 minutes ago, AJW said:

I’m confused

I was trying to point out that your draft stock will absolutely be affected if you cut your career short and/or stop doing point tasks at the end. Even if you bounce back to full activity with the new player, the expectation will be that the same happens again. 

Edited by jRuutu

Just now, jRuutu said:

I was trying to point out that your draft stock will absolutely be affected if you cut your career short and/or stop doing point tasks at the end. Even if you bounce back to full activity with the new player, the expectation will be that the same happens again. 

Maybe. Or maybe the GMs will understand that I just don’t like my first ever player created.

54 minutes ago, OrbitingDeath said:

I once told Spartan to continue with an 8th season for Letang.  That worked out.

Yeah I think that last season pushed him into the HOF, as he got his only 4 individual awards in that last season

Edited by Daniel Janser

1 hour ago, OrbitingDeath said:

I once told Spartan to continue with an 8th season for Letang.  That worked out.

Only thing that’s tough about making HOF for me is I have Jerome Reinhart and Papa Emeritus in my class 😅

20 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

Yeah I think that last season pushed him into the HOF, as he got his only 4 individual awards in that last season

Sorry meant to quote you above^

2 hours ago, AJW said:

Only thing that’s tough about making HOF for me is I have Jerome Reinhart and Papa Emeritus in my class 😅

its ok almost everyone on the bog is just gonna refuse to vote jerome for awards cause meta even if he has 100000 more points than everyone else :kekw:

Edited by Nykonax