some words about my next player

scoop

I'm in the last couple season's of Taylor Mourning's career, so really it's only like 2-3 months before I create my next player, assuming I create them at the deadline next season. I've had in mind what I'm going to do for a while, so I'll write some words about it now. I'm not dead set on the name yet, but I'm leaning towards Jacob Stone. As with all my players, the name associates with my interests. Taylor Mourning, for example, is derived from Taylor Swift and Alkaline Trio, specifically their album Good Mourning. Use of the name Jacob is inspired by the actress Gillian Jacobs (who played Britta Perry in one of my favorite TV shows, Community) and television producer Michael Jacobs (creator of another of my favorites, Boy Meets World). Stone comes primarily from Rockman (Mega Man), because stones are rocks but stone sounds better as a name. I'm pretty set on using Stone as the last name for my player in part because the Mega Man franchise is an all-time favorite of mine. It has actually been part of the inspiration for a couple of my previous players (Keiji Toriyama and Lloyd Light). Additionally, my next player will be a defenseman, and I think a name like Stone is a fitting name for a defenseman.

The naming of this player is of particular importance to me, because I intend to have him be the grandson of Benjamin Glover and the niece of Diana Maxwell, two former players of mine (the only two I have in the Hall of Fame). Furthermore, every player I make going forward will likely be a part of their family, with one of those three surnames. Every Glover will be a goalie, every Maxwell will be a forward, and every Stone will be a defender.