Jardy’s Nodesode #33: Town of Pallet Musings

JardyB10

*LISTENER DISCRETION ADVISED*

Pokecussing.

https://anchor.fm/jardy-b/episodes/Jardys-Nodesode-33-Town-of-Pallet-Musings-e1o77pe

In today’s episode, I discuss Town of Pallet stuff.

Mentions:

@Ptyrell @Gustav  @OrbitingDeath  

@Doomsday  @N0HBDY  Probably others 

You've pretty perfectly described the reason that I fell off in the later days. It was evident that I'd fallen quite far behind the 'tryhard' group and felt like my taking actions were a waste of time when the more clued-in gamers were taking steps to win badges and stuff. Between just generally not knowing what the optimal strategy is and the social pressure of forcing other people to process tasks was enough to make me tap out. It's really well designed thought and I really enjoy the "accessory content" like this that comes out of Town of Pallet. 

Good luck with your travels on the unpaved Canadian earth, I hope you made it safely to wherever the hell your destination might be.

@JardyB10i wasn’t supposed to be in the game in the first place, I said signed up in the discord as a joke and didn’t sign up on the forum, so I thought I wouldn’t be included, but then the game started and I was included 😂 

I'm very curious why this isn't called the Roadsode at this point.

I generally agree with your points about the issues, though I'll add that I made a bunch of really stupid moves at the beginning and was still able to recover reasonably well later on. So you don't necessarily have to be all sweaty, all the time to do well.

Something I think was an issue on the player-mod end is that everyone ended up going 100% all-in for every single action. I don't need to see an essay for the time I explored some region and it has to drag on people to feel like they have to write that (though I appreciate the attention nonetheless).

Edited by Gustav