Delhi Pickles Press Conference (S85 JST)

animal74

🥒 Dehli Pickles Press Conference 🥒

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE, 6 questions for 2 TPE (Week ending Oct 23)

1. Have you participated in one of the league's off-season tournaments before (with your current or previous players)? Did you win anything?

2. What was your first thought or feeling when you found out you had been drafted to the Pickles?

3. What skill or attribute do you hope to show off most for VHLE and VHL scouts in the Junior Showcase?

4. What will be your goal song for the JST?

5. Do you like pickles? If so, what kind is your favorite?

6. What other food item would make a good hockey team name?

Edited by animal74

2 hours ago, animal74 said:

1. Have you participated in one of the league's off-season tournaments before (with your current or previous players)? Did you win anything?

No, this is my first tournament.

2. What was your first thought or feeling when you found out you had been drafted to the Pickles?

Goddammit. I'm a glorified cucumber. But for real, I'm glad to just be on any team and was happy with the position I was taken in the draft.

3. What skill or attribute do you hope to show off most for VHLE and VHL scouts in the Junior Showcase?

Two-way ability mostly. I'm effective at both ends.

I don't do all the flare and pizzazz. Whatever the team chooses is fine for me. If a goal song doesn't do anything to help us win then I don't see much point in thinking about it.

Dill pickles are great. Pickle juice in general is really good for waking up in the morning.

The New York Weiners. That city sure does love their hot dogs man. Chicago love them too but they put too many toppings on their dogs. 

Answers in red below.

Have you participated in one of the league's off-season tournaments before (with your current or previous players)? Did you win anything?

I haven't. This is my first go-round in anything related to VHL so I think this is very cool that you have this sort of tournament.

I thought it was sort of awesome in terms of the proactiveness of it all. Reminds me of when I first joined the SBDL. Made me feel good to be wanted. Maybe I should have been doing VHL instead of SBA all along.

I think I've invested in offensive vision and some defensive stuff too but seems like I've had more offensive success in my short career so far so hopefully helping make some winning plays is all.

Young Jeezy - Put On

Love pickles. Bread and butter for the win.

Bok Choi

On 10/19/2022 at 8:32 AM, animal74 said:

This is my first off season tournament 

I was excited as this is a first for me

My 2 way ability, being able to put up points and stay defensively responsible

Jambi - Tool

To be honest I'm not a huge fan of pickles

Something Involving cheese!

On 10/19/2022 at 11:32 AM, animal74 said:

1. I think I have in the past with one of my previous players, but I'm not entirely sure to be honest. I was in the WJC and World Cup but I think those may have been in season tournaments. (I know WJC was midseason)

2. I was signed as an FA and not drafted, but the decision to join the pickles was an easy one. The name is beautiful, and I felt like I could earn the most minutes here compared to other teams.

3. I want to be a big body defenseman, so hopefully I throw some hits in the showcase.

4. Cbat by Hudson Mohawke

5. I do like pickles, but for whatever reason the pickles that come with cole slaw at diners is not it.

6. The Philadelphia Cheesesteaks

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE, 6 questions for 2 TPE (Week ending Oct 30)

1. How would you grade your performance in the JST so far?

2. What have you enjoyed most about playing in the JST so far? What have you not liked?

3. Which Cup Final (VHL, VHLE, VHLM) do you think will be the toughest/go the longest?

4. How would you rate @animal74 & @jacobcarson877 as team managers?

5. What is your favorite autumn activity?

6. How is your favorite NHL team starting the season off?

9 minutes ago, animal74 said:

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE, 6 questions for 2 TPE (Week ending Oct 30)

1. How would you grade your performance in the JST so far?

A+++. I've been the most dominant and consistent weapon so far.

2. What have you enjoyed most about playing in the JST so far? What have you not liked?

Elias Lampi being literally cracked is pretty cool. Only thing I haven't like is the fact that I've been on vacation so I haven't had much time to juggle that, JST, and of course the Reapers AGM duties.

3. Which Cup Final (VHL, VHLE, VHLM) do you think will be the toughest/go the longest?

I think the VHLM will be the most entertaining. It's shaping up like a Rocky movie. Everyone thought it could be Ottawa, Miami, or Mexico City to stop the reigning champs... Now its up to an underdog 7th seed.

4. How would you rate @animal74 & @jacobcarson877 as team managers?

We are doing good so I'd go 7/10. I haven't really looked into our lines to see what going on at the micro level but seems solid so far.

5. What is your favorite autumn activity?

Cuddling my girlfriend. The rest of this season is booty. I guess hockey starting up is nice.

6. How is your favorite NHL team starting the season off?
Slow. Most older good teams start slow as they aren't bult on guys with much to prove early. #GoBolts

• 2 weeks later...

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE, 6 questions for 2 TPE (Week ending Nov 6)

1. We secured the top seed in the playoffs! We'll get a bye and play the winner of the Royals and the Steel. Who would you rather play against?

2. Who will score the Pickles' first goal in the playoffs?

3. With the drafts coming up, which league do you think you'll play in next season and what skill are you going to try to improve the most in the off-season?

4. What did you dress up as for Halloween? If you didn't, what was the best costume you saw yesterday?

5. There was a little bit of first snow last night in my area. Have you had snow yet? If so how much?

6. Christmas lights - Do you put them up? When is the appropriate time to start turning them on?

1 hour ago, animal74 said:

Answer 3 questions for 1 TPE, 6 questions for 2 TPE (Week ending Nov 6)

1. We secured the top seed in the playoffs! We'll get a bye and play the winner of the Royals and the Steel. Who would you rather play against?

Doesn't really matter much to me. I am a fan of Masu but my friend, Tyler Swift, is on that Royals team so.

2. Who will score the Pickles' first goal in the playoffs?

I hope it's me but you never know. The whole team can strike at any time.

3. With the drafts coming up, which league do you think you'll play in next season and what skill are you going to try to improve the most in the off-season?

I hope to remain in the M but I have already publicly announce a limited pool of teams I will stay down for.

4. What did you dress up as for Halloween? If you didn't, what was the best costume you saw yesterday?

I haven't seen any nor did I dress up. I just stayed inside playing NHL

5. There was a little bit of first snow last night in my area. Have you had snow yet? If so how much?

I live in Jacksonville, so not even close.

6. Christmas lights - Do you put them up? When is the appropriate time to start turning them on?

Christmas lights are firmly for after Thanksgiving. I do not put them up because it's a bit more effort for just my individual holiday feels.