SDM S86 Draft Recap

jacobcarson877

San Diego Draft Recap! I’ll keep it short since it is a .com. (spoiler alert I didn’t)

2nd Overall – Kronchy Kardashian @Garsh

Garsh is a known fun guy, brings good energy to the chat. I knew I wanted to take top D off the board right away and get some teams to panic a bit leaving me better players down the stretch, so this acted as a sort of bluff pick, and also brought in a player I really wanted.

3rd Overall – David Jokinen @Ahma

Ahma came off a great career in Davos and builds strong, reliable defensemen. Earns well, and comes by to chat regularly enough that I knew him by username before the new player. Continues my bluff as well.

4th Overall – Justin Lion @Emperor_Fun

Taking the only active goaltender off the board was one of our biggest wins this draft. I simply couldn’t afford to be losing games out the gate by having no goaltender.

12th Overall – Oreo McFleury @JB123

Because I started the defensemen train, I got my hands on an amazing forward. Why JB over the other options? Well JB was once a San Diego GM himself, and has been making a name for himself as Oslo GM. Always good to ride the momentum.

13th Overall – Full Player Name @Matt_O

I wanted to take a chance on a veteran returning member who has been earning well so far. I knew how to contact him as he was a member of the Delhi Pickles which I have been AGMing this offseason.

14th Overall – Jack Jeckler @Uncommon

A user I am incredibly familiar with, and I know the potential here with this pick. We’ve been chatting recently, and life got busy, but I know Uncommon is a max earner on a regular week. Perhaps a bit of a risk, but one I’m very familiar with and very excited to bring back on board.

31st Overall – Leonard Triller @Triller

This must have been a gift from Simon himself. The top TPE forward in the draft, falling to me at 31st overall. There must have been some confusion about his eligibility because this guy is a graphics machine, a great LR guy, great earner and a dominant player.

32nd Overall – Jacob Bryla @Jakebryla10

Another Pickles player, and a super strong 2C right out the gate. I chose a welfare+ player here with higher TPE to start, over similar earnings on a lower TPE player. Safe bet, should be a great component to the offense here.

34th Overall – Michael Williams @son_of_moose

This was a bit of a panic pick, as I was out with friends at this point, and found a name I recognized at D, who wouldn’t be dropped from the team IMMEDIATELY. Hopefully thye can make a return and be a solid member of our blue line.

43rd  Overall – Keita Kourou @woog

I knew woog’s name from the SBA, and want to bank on a rising member there being able to claim affiliate here, and maybe bring some LR presence as well. Hopefully the earnings should speak for themselves. Could be a bit of a steal here.

62nd and 64th Overall – Josh Lo Giudice Jr @NightLegend and yorrit Van Loo @yorrit

These were BPA picks whoops. I thought the draft was supposed to be over after the 5th, so I left and this is who we got! Reached out to both of them and hopefully we get a response!

This roster already looks insanely stacked, and we're all so excited to see what we can do this season!