Tate Thoughts (Nov 7)

Tate

Well, it’s been quite the week overall since I last did an article, and this time around it won’t be as controversial or aggressive.  I think I accomplished what I set out to do in that I was heard, and those who are currently in leadership positions did take notice of what I had to say regarding the mods.  It remains to be seen what impact this might have (if at all), but at least I got it out and I didn’t sit back and stay silent.  It’s important to stand up for what you believe in, and no matter what the outcome you will never make everyone happy.

That sort of leads into my next thought.  While I did get some great feedback from members, I also received a considerable amount of silence and distaste from others.  This was to be expected because no one really likes it when people stir the pot, especially when it goes against individuals, they consider to be good friends—but the whole experience has made me question my place here.  What is it that I’m holding onto?  It would appear as though I am in the minority when it comes to how this place should operate, and the kind of mentality/mindset it should have.  I’ve gotten a clearer picture of how I’m viewed here, and I don’t know that I am the right kind of fit for this community.

Maybe that’s been the trouble all along? 

We have a saying that goes along the lines of, “you can’t blame a person for trying.”   But when should you stop them from trying to force a circle into a square?

(275 words)

Edited by Tate

On 11/8/2022 at 12:49 AM, Tate said:

Well, it’s been quite the week overall since I last did an article, and this time around it won’t be as controversial or aggressive.  I think I accomplished what I set out to do in that I was heard, and those who are currently in leadership positions did take notice of what I had to say regarding the mods.  It remains to be seen what impact this might have (if at all), but at least I got it out and I didn’t sit back and stay silent.  It’s important to stand up for what you believe in, and no matter what the outcome you will never make everyone happy.

That sort of leads into my next thought.  While I did get some great feedback from members, I also received a considerable amount of silence and distaste from others.  This was to be expected because no one really likes it when people stir the pot, especially when it goes against individuals, they consider to be good friends—but the whole experience has made me question my place here.  What is it that I’m holding onto?  It would appear as though I am in the minority when it comes to how this place should operate, and the kind of mentality/mindset it should have.  I’ve gotten a clearer picture of how I’m viewed here, and I don’t know that I am the right kind of fit for this community.

Maybe that’s been the trouble all along? 

We have a saying that goes along the lines of, “you can’t blame a person for trying.”   But when should you stop them from trying to force a circle into a square?

(275 words)

Just because people stay silent doesn`t mean that they don`t stand behind you but one strong voice speaking for the group is stronger then a bunch of individuals screaming all at the same time. I also understand the questioning of your place here and wondering what you are holding onto since I went through a similar experience here in the league after questioning a few different individuals in the league over different topic. What I learned at the time was some are held to different standards then most in the league. You either fall in line or they will black list you. This is most likely what you are feeling now.

Why are you here? That I cannot answer but I can tell you that I stayed since my experience with most managers out weighs the few bad experience that I had; not to mention all the work that I had completed with my player and the fact that I love hockey. While I am disappointed that the league as whole really doesn`t talk about hockey other then the sim games, and teams. I find my want to improve in writing, graphics and trying to have fun drives my participation in the league, so my current player was suppose to be a welfare player only but I simple couldn`t earn TPE as I need to express my thoughts. Am I holding back of my true opinions, sometimes yes simply because at the end of the day this is a sim league where I come to enjoy myself around a sport that I enjoy. 

Find what you enjoy and then hold onto it. Push away the negative thoughts, opinions and individuals. Fight your own fights.  You will then enjoy the league more.

1 minute ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Just because people stay silent doesn`t mean that they don`t stand behind you but one strong voice speaking for the group is stronger then a bunch of individuals screaming all at the same time. I also understand the questioning of your place here and wondering what you are holding onto since I went through a similar experience here in the league after questioning a few different individuals in the league over different topic. What I learned at the time was some are held to different standards then most in the league. You either fall in line or they will black list you. This is most likely what you are feeling now.

Why are you here? That I cannot answer but I can tell you that I stayed since my experience with most managers out weighs the few bad experience that I had; not to mention all the work that I had completed with my player and the fact that I love hockey. While I am disappointed that the league as whole really doesn`t talk about hockey other then the sim games, and teams. I find my want to improve in writing, graphics and trying to have fun drives my participation in the league, so my current player was suppose to be a welfare player only but I simple couldn`t earn TPE as I need to express my thoughts. Am I holding back of my true opinions, sometimes yes simply because at the end of the day this is a sim league where I come to enjoy myself around a sport that I enjoy. 

Find what you enjoy and then hold onto it. Push away the negative thoughts, opinions and individuals. Fight your own fights.  You will then enjoy the league more.

Solid advice from a true Gem, thank you @Gaikoku-hito  ❤️

Tate, regardless of if your views align with others or not, there will always be a place in the community. Not everyone should think the same and it is good to have people opening discussions.
Myself, I am rather on the quiet side nowadays, so I have not listened to the podcast or read too much of the mod topics. So I'm on the neutral side of things here.

I think you are a great guy based on our time together in the SHL, and your players are great to have around. I hope you will continue to find joy in the league, regardless of people agreeing or disagreeing with your views of the mod situation.

Hope you stick around buddy ❤️