Late S85 Calgary Wranglers Awards

Ricer13

Life sure does get busy when you work full time, have a wife that works full time, two kids who are in competitive hockey and then add in all of my hobbies such as the VHL. I am LATE, yet again :( but I will not go one season without handing out our team awards. Lets get down to business!

:cal:Top Shelf Award:cal:

The Top Shelf award is given to the player who scores the most goals during the regular season. This years leading goal scorer also led the entire league in goals winning himself the Kevin Brooks Trophy. Fun fact, this is the first time in FOURTY seasons that a Calgary Wrangler has won the title for the leagues leading goal scorer. Leading the way with 51 goals in 72 games for the Calgary Wranglers was Daniel Janser. @Daniel JanserCongratulations!

:cal:Rybak Trophy:cal:

The Rybak Trophy is given to the player who leads the team in scoring during the regular season. Daniel Janser @Daniel Janser also takes home the scoring title for the Calgary Wranglers and also walks away with the league scoring title earning himself the Mike Szatkowski Trophy. This is the second time in three seasons that a Wrangler has won the league scoring title but this time was Janser's time to shine. He led the Wrangler's to one of their best seasons in recent memory and put the league on notice showing that he is now among the leagues elite.

:cal:Last Line Award:cal:

The last line award is given to the top defensemen during the regular season. We had a few defenders who had an excellent season in season 85 but one took a huge step in his development and had his name in talks for the Dustin Funk Trophy as the leagues most improved player. Sadly, he does not walk away with the Funk but he will walk away with the Last Line Award. Congratulations to AirRig GoodBrandSun @Rhynex Entertainment.

:cal:Jubis Memorial Trophy:cal:

I just want to give this award to our whole team! We have so many great members already doing so many great things throughout the league. I am only going to give it to one player and its going to be the member who also walked away with the Elmebeck Award. He has clearly made a positive  impression in the VHL and every season he makes a positive impact for our team. Congratulations to Leandro Goncalves @leandrofg.

:cal:The Sheriff's Badge:cal:

The Sheriff's Badge is pretty self explanatory. The Sheriff's Badge could go to anyone on our team as we have many voices in our locker room. The Season 85 Sheriff's Badge is going to Landon Wolanin @jacobcarson877. He has been a leader in on our team ever since joining the team despite never holding a leadership role. All that has changed now as Wolanin has been voted by his team to be an Assistant Captain for season 86. Loved by his team mates and loved by the league, Landon Wolanin absolutely deserves this award. 

:cal:Young Buck Award:cal:

Calgary always seems to have some good young players brewing in the system down in the minors. This player has been working hard, training regularly and it really showed with Vegas last season. Larry Abass Jr. @RileyL is the Young Buck of season 85. He surpassed the 100 pt plateau with the Las Vegas Aces helping push them to be the top team during the regular season. He continues to grind away in the VHLE and I expect we will see Larry suit up for the Wrangler's in season 87. 

:cal:Most Valuable Wrangler:cal:

This was a tough one to decide on. We had a number of players who had excellent seasons but the player we have chosen just feels right to give this award too. Saku Kotkakoivu @DollarAndADream knew that this would likely be his last season with the Calgary Wrangler's and despite that had one of his best seasons of his career. He hit 97 points in 72 games but led the team in hits and all but one player in +/-. He was amongst the players in the running for the Boulet Trophy in season 85 for his recognition as one of the leagues best two way forwards. Its absolutely heart breaking to see him leave our organization but I am grateful for the time and dedication he gave to this team. Congratulations Saku Kotkakoivu on winning the season 85 Most Valuable Wrangler Award.